Looking to purchase FF Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking to purchase FF Miles

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Buy a $1mil CD at BankDirect. They will give you 1 mil AA miles. Then you can cancel the CD and pay the fees. Roughly 2 cents per mile.

http://www.bankdirect.com/products/cdmileage.aspx
Old May 11, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
this could be a way. if you check this post by the points guy. though you would end up with $25,000 worth of Spa Finder Gift Certificates. Still it is 2.5 cents p/mile, but of course you have enough spa certificates to potentially hand out or raffle off to your employees.
Old May 11, 2011, 12:41 pm

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the spafinder offer. Win win situation for someone running a marketing promo. Only problem is you do need to specify a skymiles number which isn't transferrable.
Old May 11, 2011, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
but you could book DL awards for people... AND sell off unused spa finder certs on ebay.

Of course, costco, if not mistaken, still will sell you a $100 one for $80 in the store. Seems better in some cases than miles.
Old May 11, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
simple..is that million $ ring still for sale at costco? find a mc/visa with $1 mill limit and then return ring to costco and ur done.
Old May 11, 2011, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by koctail
simple..is that million $ ring still for sale at costco? find a mc/visa with $1 mill limit and then return ring to costco and ur done.
return for what - store credit?
Old May 11, 2011, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by koctail
May not fly.

I can tell you with near certainty that unless you have some sort of weird, high level deal worked out with the store--and I have no idea what, but surely someone like Mr Pickles would claim to know--this Costco gig is pretty much ovah.

How do I know (after doing it for diamonds valued up to as high as $120k and as low as $7k two times per year for eight years)? Well, my last experience nearly resulted in return hell but I did end up with my check and now their new policy is to merely return in full via Costco.com onto one's CC. Others I know of can attest to this happening to them. I was a lucky one.
Old May 11, 2011, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by a7800
Welcome to Flyertalk.

If you take a look at the T&C you will notice you are not allowed to sell miles on Flyertalk. Once you quailify for it there is a place where trades are allowed but no cash is allowed to change hands.
While I still think the OP is here to find and bust people for doing just that, no where has the new poster, Millennium Travel indicated that he/she is selling miles. And for me, now this thread has become an enjoyable place to find ways to earn many miles quickly, like with that SpaFinder gig!
Old May 11, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Neal_xlm
really?! well - then I guess I'm looking for 10 new friends :-) I couldn't find any info on this 100k transfer allowance on the AA website. Is this transfer allowance anecdotal or did I just miss the info in the fine print?

AA miles would be fine. Are the fees you mentioned payable to AA?
There is a limit in how many miles you can receive via shAAre Miles. I believe it was like 25k p.a. !

The only airline that seems to allow unlimited purchases, promos and transfers is US Airways but I recommend not to screw with it because their audits can be draconic. Especially when you are looking for a million quit.
Old May 11, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Miles for Small Business

I thought most airlines sold miles to small business for employee incentives? US airways would do anything to sell you miles. All they want is cash, thus they might give you a deal for 1mm.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
A friend can transfer you up 100K AA miles from their account, and it'll cost you about $1200 in fees.
Please send me information on this.
Old May 12, 2011, 2:05 pm

Looks like you can only do 25K at a time (up to 100K per year):

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/pu...n.jsp?from=Nav

Of course the other catch is that your friend must already have the miles. Not much point in paying the fees or navigating the hurdles to transfer since your friend can simply issue you an award.
Old May 12, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
May not fly.

I can tell you with near certainty that unless you have some sort of weird, high level deal worked out with the store--and I have no idea what, but surely someone like Mr Pickles would claim to know--this Costco gig is pretty much ovah.

How do I know (after doing it for diamonds valued up to as high as $120k and as low as $7k two times per year for eight years)? Well, my last experience nearly resulted in return hell but I did end up with my check and now their new policy is to merely return in full via Costco.com onto one's CC. Others I know of can attest to this happening to them. I was a lucky one.
i was joking about the million $ ring idea, but also thanks for helping to ruin a potential option for gaining some miles by returning a $120k item for a check. greed kills all deals.
Old May 12, 2011, 3:01 pm

craigslist

go to the tickets section of every cities Craigslist listings, kijiji listings, and e-bay and solicit them for miles. you will be offered millions of miles, except many of the sellers will turn out to be as phony as your supposed dillemma.

We dont sell miles here...WE EARN THEM.
Old May 12, 2011, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wise2u
go to the tickets section of every cities Craigslist listings, kijiji listings, and e-bay and solicit them for miles. you will be offered millions of miles, except many of the sellers will turn out to be as phony as your supposed dillemma.

We dont sell miles here...WE EARN THEM.
hahahaha great post --and your last line sounds like John Houseman

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.