Wiki Posts
Search

Capital One Rewards Checking (rewards for debit card);NYC,DC, LA & TX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Capital One Rewards Checking (rewards for debit card);NYC,DC, LA & TX

With most of the debit card reward programs disappearing and with many of us signing up for the CapOne Venture credit card, this is a good option for many of us that use debit cards.

The Capital One Rewards Checking account gives 10 miles for every non-pin debit card purchase (unlimited), 10 miles for every electronic bill pay (up to 10 per month) and 5 miles for all customer initiated withdrawals (up to 10 per month). You get 1,000 bonus miles for signing up and 4,000 bonus miles for setting up direct deposit.

No monthly service fee

No minimum balance required

Best part of all (especially for those of us that have the CapOne Venture credit card), you can transfer these rewards between accounts at a 1:1 basis.

http://www.capitalone.com/checking-a...N_C0_01_T_CKRW

(I don't get any kind of commission, so if you can find someone that does, use their link instead)
Old Apr 21, 2011, 2:54 pm

promo code?

Was this a targeted e-mail and/or was there a promo code associated with this offer?

I noticed there was a promo code field after clicking the 'apply now' link; and I couldn't seem to find any information on the bonus mileage offers that you mentioned.

Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by recharge2011
Was this a targeted e-mail and/or was there a promo code associated with this offer?

I noticed there was a promo code field after clicking the 'apply now' link; and I couldn't seem to find any information on the bonus mileage offers that you mentioned.

Thanks.
It looks like anyone can open this account, just go to www.captialone.com and you will see the links.

Here is an important disclosure I found on the T&C:

Account disclosures

$50 minimum opening deposit required. No minimum balance requirement for the first year. After the first year, $8.95 per month for balances below $1,500. Customer purchases checks. Bank rules and regulations apply. Ask us for details.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by imasosec
It looks like anyone can open this account, just go to www.captialone.com and you will see the links.

Here is an important disclosure I found on the T&C:

Account disclosures

$50 minimum opening deposit required. No minimum balance requirement for the first year. After the first year, $8.95 per month for balances below $1,500. Customer purchases checks. Bank rules and regulations apply. Ask us for details.
Thanks but that wasn't responsive to my question. I do not see any information within the provided link, nor on the homepage, regarding the mileage bonuses associated with this checking account offer (which was the whole point of the OP). It did ask for a zipcode--so maybe this is geographic specific?

Once again, was this a targeted e-mail and/or was there an offer code associated with the mileage bonuses?

Thanks.

Last edited by recharge2011; Apr 21, 2011 at 3:50 pm
Old Apr 21, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by recharge2011
Thanks but that wasn't responsive to my question. I do not see any information within the provided link, nor on the homepage, regarding the mileage bonuses associated with this checking account offer (which was the whole point of the OP).
Maybe a better grasp of searching on the Internet is needed?

I clearly see that you can click Banking, enter zip code, select rewards checking and see all of the rewards and breakdowns without needing a promo code.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by mlad1101
Maybe a better grasp of searching on the Internet is needed?

I clearly see that you can click Banking, enter zip code, select rewards checking and see all of the rewards and breakdowns without needing a promo code.
When I enter my zipcode and a few others, rewards checking was not an option. Perhaps it is a zipcode issue, though that seems unlikely. Sorry for the confusion.

I was able to find that rewards checking product (and the OP terms) through a Google search, but when I click through it to apply, it takes me to a different product (interest checking) which has different disclosures and no mention of mileage bonuses in the terms ($1,000 min balance, no fees, etc). The link provided also takes me to to this other product. I'll just call.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I believe this offer is only good where there are physical branch locations, as you have to go to a branch to finish opening up the account.

Branches are only in NYC metro, Wash. DC metro, Louisiana, and Texas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.