[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2011, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by dar1ene
I applied through the link for the 100K BA credit card bonus and my application was accepted. Then I got as letter telling me that I wouldn't get the 100K bonus because I previously got that bonus on a Chase credit card last year.
That's how Chase usually does it. If you apply again for the same or sometimes even similar offers, they give you the card but not the bonus.

I prefer Citibank's way of handling the situation where they decline you for the card rather than give you the card without a bonus.
Old May 21, 2011, 7:59 pm

I also would like to know if anyone got the chase continental 50 K Credit Card Bonus for a Second Time?
Old May 21, 2011, 8:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Gold, DL FO, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
I applied through the link for the 100K BA credit card bonus and my application was accepted. Then I got as letter telling me that I wouldn't get the 100K bonus because I previously got that bonus on a Chase credit card last year. Has anyone successful got the bonus for a second time? Does anyone know of a strategy to try to get the bonus again since I wouldn't have applied (and now have the card) if I had known I would get the bonus. My dreams of first class BA travel seem to have just evaporated.
I did the exact same thing. When I called to activate, I asked about the mileage bonus and was informed that I would not receive any as this would be my 2nd card

I "de-activated" there on the spot, so I have only one BA Chase card
Old May 21, 2011, 8:08 pm

RE: Balance Transfer

Originally Posted by drewaz
Am thinking about doing a balance transfer from an AmEx card ....

Just want to clarify again that this will count toward the $2500 ...

Will I get BA miles also?
I tried to do an online balance transfer, and kept getting a message that said my account was not eligible for a balance transfer option. I then called and spoke with a CS agent @ Chase, and after a loooong conversation, was told that I did not qualify for the premium card, so therefore was not able to do a balance transfer. Now this I DO NOT understand--as we have a superb credit score, absolutely no debt, and they gave us each a 12k limit on the signature card. ...?

Soooo--off to our local branch of Chase! After the lengthly conversation and explanation with an account rep, she agreed it didn't make sense. She said she would just do the transfer online for me. Surprise--no can do! She then calls Chase/BA card services and explains the situation. A different explanation: Balance transfers are available ONLY when a promotion is offered, and there are currently no promotions offered. They did tell us I should have been offered a balance transfer option when I filled out the original application--but I sure don't remember that.

And then--the account rep. is still not satisfied, and neither am I! She enlists the help of the branch manager, who also agrees that this just does not make sense--they do balance transfers often. She says she will call and straighten this out. Another lengthly phone call, and still, I am not able to do a balance transfer! (she DID try very hard--going up the "chain of command" several steps) We eventually got an explanation that makes a bit of sense: Balance transfers ON THIS CARD are available only during a promotion. This decision is made by their marketing department--so I'm assuming they are not offering balance transfers for the first 3 months after this 100k miles offer. No exceptions can be made.

So--long story short--no balance transfers after the initial application is completed! (DESPITE the fact that I have a screen shot of the fine print that says balances transfers do count toward the spend, but no miles are given for the amount transfered.)

Not a happy camper here, but I'll manage to spend the 2500, even if I have to buy gift cards at my local Fred Meyers! (We each have a card--so need to spend 5k in less than 3 months)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.......

Last edited by thevacationqueen; May 21, 2011 at 8:18 pm
Old May 22, 2011, 1:04 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by glennaa11
Anyone Get BA 100 K Credit Card Bonus for a Second Time?
I applied through the link for the 100K BA credit card bonus and my application was accepted. Then I got as letter telling me that I wouldn't get the 100K bonus because I previously got that bonus on a Chase credit card last year. Has anyone successful got the bonus for a second time? Does anyone know of a strategy to try to get the bonus again since I wouldn't have applied (and now have the card) if I had known I would get the bonus. My dreams of first class BA travel seem to have just evaporated.

you can book one-way awards on BA. So you could travel F class.
Thanks glennaa11. The one way award is a great idea!!
Old May 22, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
call them to cancel and when they ask why, explain to them the situation... you might get a decent amount of points offered to you if you get the right perosn.
Old May 23, 2011, 1:34 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
ahh, got my miles now.

They posted to my account within 48 hours of the bill cycle close date
Old May 23, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Got my BA card last week, been using it consistently. This morning I got a replacement card in the mail, same number and other info. Need to call to activate. Odd.
Old May 23, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by kendenton
Got my BA card last week, been using it consistently. This morning I got a replacement card in the mail, same number and other info. Need to call to activate. Odd.
Did they omit your BAEC number from the original card?
Old May 23, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by akcae
Did they omit your BAEC number from the original card?
Oh, hadn't thought of that. I have the current card with my and it does not have anything after "Executive Club #".
Old May 23, 2011, 1:09 pm

Bonus miles have not shown up after 1st stmt posting

Can I ask if anybody has on their first statement posting to BA get their spend miles but not the 50k bonus miles at the same time? It has been 2 days since the spend miles posted. I called Chase and agent said that I should get them and that with this program they have a couple of weeks for the bonus to post. True? I don't want to keep spending on this card for a few more weeks if they are not going to give the miles. Thanks.
Old May 23, 2011, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by jamesfl
Can I ask if anybody has on their first statement posting to BA get their spend miles but not the 50k bonus miles at the same time? It has been 2 days since the spend miles posted. I called Chase and agent said that I should get them and that with this program they have a couple of weeks for the bonus to post. True? I don't want to keep spending on this card for a few more weeks if they are not going to give the miles. Thanks.
I'm having the exact same situation and response.
Old May 23, 2011, 7:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, SW RR, UA Mileage+
Has anyone had a problem not getting the 2nd part of the 100,000 mile bonus? I reached the spend back on the first of May, well within the first 90 days, received the 50,000 miles for the first spend and the miles for the first month's bill back on May 11, but still no sign of the additional 50,000 miles.
Old May 23, 2011, 7:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, SW RR, UA Mileage+
Originally Posted by BadTime
I'm having the exact same situation and response.
Obviously, having the same issue. I'll post here when and if I find anything out.
Old May 24, 2011, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by wolfsatz
Has anyone had a problem not getting the 2nd part of the 100,000 mile bonus? I reached the spend back on the first of May, well within the first 90 days, received the 50,000 miles for the first spend and the miles for the first month's bill back on May 11, but still no sign of the additional 50,000 miles.
same here--I haven't paid though so was thinking maybe after payment that the additional 50k will go through

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.