Wiki Posts
Search

Q2 2011 Car Rental Bonus Promos!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by libuser
Evan bro I woudnlt worry too much about coupon usage. There they restrict other offers such as match from credit card programs and or other promos for rentals not particularly coupons. I have done so successfully with CO,UA and LH before. Their systems will just see 1500 miles coming in from Avis and then will trigger the bonus.
Your assumption is that Flying Blue is giving the bonus based on what Avis posts to a FB member's account. I don't see where this is definitive.

The miles could be (and likely are) coming from Avis - including the bonus for multiple rentals. So FB would not be giving a bonus (miles from FB are free for FB) but rather Avis would be giving the bonus (miles from Avis cost Avis money as they buy them from FB).

Last edited by Evan!; Apr 1, 2011 at 11:01 am
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Will someone explain to me this AF promotion like I'm a six year old? (Which may appear to be the case, given this post.)

If I'm a Flying Blue member with no status, I can rent six times using

1) what code exactly to get

2) what exactly? 50,000 miles on AF?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: Skyteam, OneWorld, AMEX
http://www.avis-flyingblue.com/avis_...e_gd/terms.htm

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
Will someone explain to me this AF promotion like I'm a six year old? (Which may appear to be the case, given this post.)

Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me

Please direct stuff about this particular promo to the thread on this particular promo.

Earn over 50,000 Award Miles with Avis
Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Kudos to Evan!

Thanks, Evan for another quarter's great service on this topic. You are the king of the rental cars. ^

FTF
Old Apr 2, 2011, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Thanks, Evan for another quarter's great service on this topic. You are the king of the rental cars. ^

FTF
I very much appreciate the thanks. But I must correct you. Marty (Mrp Alert) is the true rental car king. I've got my skills in FF miles bonus realm and organizing these threads but Marty's knowledge of the rental car industry and all it's finer minutia is uncanny.

Again, thanks for the compliment and thanks to everyone who keeps these threads current and relevant.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 10:33 am
Original Poster

airberlin
AB/Hertz 1.5K miles Book by Apr 12 - Exp: Apr 15, 2011 - Min: 3 days
Collect 1,500 topbonus miles with Hertz! Top up your topbonus mileage account! Hertz will give you 1,500 topbonus award miles until 15th April 2011. Simply book a Hertz rental car before 12th April 2011 for three days or more and you will receive triple miles. Please quote PC code 153156 when making your booking. Book your rental car now and collect 1,500 miles »
velocity rewards
Velocity Rewards/Thrifty 4K bonus miles - T&C - AUS & NZ - Exp: May 30, 2011 - Min: 7 days
Earn 4,000 bonus Velocity Points when you rent for 7 days or more with Thrifty and complete your rental by 30 May 2011. Simply quote the promotional code VIRGIN4000 and your Velocity Membership Number when you book via virginblue.com.au/cars or call 1300 367 227. Full Terms and Conditions
Velocity Rewards/Thrifty 3K bonus miles - T&C - AUS & NZ - Exp: Apr 30, 2011 - Min: 3 days
Simply rent a vehicle for 3 or more days with Thrifty and you will receive 3000 bonus Points. This is in addition to the standard earn rate of Points on your rental based on time and kilometres, which is 3 Points per dollar for Red Velocity Members, 4 Points per dollar for Silver Members and 5 Points per dollar for Gold Members. Offer valid for completed rentals between 1 March and 30 April 2011. To take up this great offer, book online via virginblue.com.au/cars or book at any Thrifty counter or call 1300 367 227 (Australia and New Zealand). You must quote 'VIRGIN 3000' at time of booking for bookings made at a Thrifty counter or over the phone. Full Terms and Conditions
Airlines belonging to the velocity rewards program: Virgin Blue, V australia, pacific blue, and polynesian blue
Old Apr 3, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Lh offer for up to 3000 miles per rental just got extended to 31 December. http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...en&cid=1000271

Sorry to improperly format, can you copy and paste the offer from the q1 thread?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Lh offer for up to 3000 miles per rental just got extended to 31 December. http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...en&cid=1000271

Sorry to improperly format, can you copy and paste the offer from the q1 thread?
Thanks Marty. A scroll down the page reveals that they revived the 3K Italy promotion as well.

Miles & More/Avis Up to 3K bonus miles multiple rentals - various AWD codes depending on status and LH vs. LX vs. OS - Exp: Dec 31, 2011 - Min: 1 day

Miles & More/Avis Up to 3K bonus miles multiple rentals - Italy - AWD D575135 - Exp: Dec 31, 2011 - Min: 1 day

And now for the math. For both of these promotions it appears that qualification can come from 1-day rentals. However to earn even 2K bonus miles one must first rent 3 times. One only earns the 3K bonus after the 10th rental. So I ask: Is this worthy of HOT?

Total rentals = 11
Total (min) rental days = 11
Total bonus miles (not including base miles) = 22,000

Compare this to the FlyinBlue/Avis promotion (unquestionably HOT!)
Total rentals = 6
Total (min) rental days = 18
Total bonus miles (not including base miles) = 48,500

I'm hesitant to place the M&M promos in the hot section but I'll bow to the majority. For the record, the M&M promo does not have a max. From the T&C it appears that every rental starting with the 11th will earn one the 3K bonus through Dec 31. Thoughts anyone?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Evan!
Because the T&C say you can't use your COSCO AWD. And the FB offer mentions no coupon codes at all. The bonus miles are driven by the AWD used.
2. To qualify, reservations must be made using a Flying Blue/Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number: Ivory members F982700; Silver members F982800; Gold members F982900; Platinum members F983000 or with a KLM Flying Blue AWD number: Ivory members Z266200; Silver members Z266100; Gold members Z190300; Platinum members K885100. Reservations made on www.avis-flyingblue.com and klm.com (with Flying Blue membership level selected) will automatically have the correct AWD embedded in the rental.
13. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other coupon, promotion or mileage offer.
Coupon codes are never mentioned exception that you can't use one!

I love a good deal but aren't some of you getting overly excited thinking you can stack coupons on this promotion and use (worthwhile) AWDs? ! ?

From what is in the T&C it looks like one must use an FB AWD and, in my experience, airline codes rarely beat my stash of other AWDs. And bringing the price down using a coupon looks risky.

I hope I am dead wrong.
Actually, I'm not suprised. I don't know how many other European FFPs that partner with Avis you're familiar with, but this exactly the way BA used to work (not just for bonuses, but for regular earning): You were told to use an AWD that matched your BA status level. I still have the old BA Blue AWD (N744100) as my default AWD at Avis, even though BA doesn't seem to require the match of AWD to BA status level any more. (BA miles are denied often when people use corporate AWDs tho.)

Are you (or any of the people who resposned so far) familiar enough with the regaular FB Avis earnings to know whether FB promotes these same AWDs in their "earn FB miles with Avis" everyday explanation? (That's how I came to know BA's elite-level-based AWDs, though their explanation on BA's website years ago about how to earn with Avis regularly, not on any promo.)

Meanwhile, I'm finding airline AWDs to be quite "worthwhile". I'm not sure how much lower than $41 all-in for 2 days at IAD two weekends ago I'm supposed to get. (I got that with the above-mentioned BA AWD.)

In my experience at Avis, it makes a lot more difference when you lock in the price than which AWD you use. I regularly check my Avis rez after having made it, to see if the price has dropped, and often between one two weeks out it drops, sometimes very signficantly. Then the last couple days before rez it tends to shoot up. The differences I find depending on which week I lock in the price are typically more than I find between one AWD and another.

(Again, this is Avis specific, and logged-in Avis specfic, since I always want to be recognized as Avis Preferred. Perhaps it works different for those people who aren't Preferred or don't care about it and are willing to experiment iwth not-logged-in prices, which can sometimes be idfferent too.)
Old Apr 3, 2011, 5:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Does anyone have any experience with the Carlson Goldpoints 5000 point promo with Avis?

its the best of the options that I see out there since there (IMHO) nothing worthwhile for AA or UA out there
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
And now for the math. For both of these promotions it appears that qualification can come from 1-day rentals. However to earn even 2K bonus miles one must first rent 3 times. One only earns the 3K bonus after the 10th rental. So I ask: Is this worthy of HOT?

Total rentals = 11
Total (min) rental days = 11
Total bonus miles (not including base miles) = 22,000

Compare this to the FlyinBlue/Avis promotion (unquestionably HOT!)
Total rentals = 6
Total (min) rental days = 18
Total bonus miles (not including base miles) = 48,500

I'm hesitant to place the M&M promos in the hot section but I'll bow to the majority. For the record, the M&M promo does not have a max. From the T&C it appears that every rental starting with the 11th will earn one the 3K bonus through Dec 31. Thoughts anyone?
The M&M offer is the best 1 day offer if you are a frequent renter and continue to take advantage of it during its LONG validity. It is also combinable with $ off coupons. The FB offer is fantastic but limited in time and scope and requires a 3 day keep. Its combinability with other offers is questionable.

Now, for a few additional BA/Avis promotions
BA/Avis 250 Bonus Miles on Every rental using BA branded credit card - Exp: Dec 31, 2011 - Min: 1 day (combinable)
BA/Avis 750 bonus Miles when you have made 4 qualifying rentals in a 12-month calendar year - Exp: Dec 31, 2011 - Min: 1 day (combinable)
Old Apr 4, 2011, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Now, for a few additional BA/Avis promotions
BA/Avis 250 Bonus Miles on Every rental using BA branded credit card - Exp: Dec 31, 2011 - Min: 1 day (combinable)
BA/Avis 750 bonus Miles when you have made 4 qualifying rentals in a 12-month calendar year - Exp: Dec 31, 2011 - Min: 1 day (combinable)
Marty, could you expand on what you mean by "combinable". Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Thanks Evan for this and all other threads!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:54 am

Marty, could you expand on what you mean by "combinable". Thanks in advance.
Can be combined with other BA/Avis promotions such as the previous tiered offer for 9100 bonus miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.