Delta Skymiles AMEX Gold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX DL
Delta Skymiles AMEX Gold

Hi everybody,

I hope I'm posting in the right area.....first post here

Anyhow, I finally decided to try a Delta card and see how the upgrades work for me. I only fly twice maybe 3 times/year. But it just occurred to me about checking the first bag free....

Does that mean I no longer have to worry about going over the 50 lb limit?

Wow, I'll be in heaven if that's the case. I've come close a few times to having to pay another NINETY DOLLARS.

TIA,
Cassandra
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Ca77andra
Hi everybody,

I hope I'm posting in the right area.....first post here

Anyhow, I finally decided to try a Delta card and see how the upgrades work for me. I only fly twice maybe 3 times/year. But it just occurred to me about checking the first bag free....

Does that mean I no longer have to worry about going over the 50 lb limit?

Wow, I'll be in heaven if that's the case. I've come close a few times to having to pay another NINETY DOLLARS.

TIA,
Cassandra
No, you still have to stay within the 50 pound limit but they won't charge you the fee. I'm sure if you go over they won't waive the overweight fee.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: DL (Silver), Hilton (Gold), A|Club (Platinum), Hyatt (Gold)
Swat16's right--they're going to charge you if you go over. However, since you mentioned upgrades, if you have Medallion Status and get your upgrade confirmation in advance, then you'll be able to check 3 bags up to 70 lbs each without paying a fee.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX DL
Thanks so much for your replies. I figured it would be too good to be true. But it just makes me mad when I see all the types of bags or flight status that get free bags.....like people flying to Europe or Brazil. And the Medallion upgrade....THREE bags!!! I don't fly enough (thankfully) to get all those fancy upgrades.

Oh well....like my brother the pilot says.....even with all the delays and charges...it's STILL the quickest and cheapest way to get somewhere.

Thanks again,
Cassandra
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:50 am

where does it say by having this card you get free upgrades to biz or 1st class? i'm confused.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Ca77andra
even with all the delays and charges...it's STILL the quickest and cheapest way to get somewhere.
That goes against the classic aviation maxim: Time to spare? Go by air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.