Use Gift Card to meet Credit Card requirement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Use Gift Card to meet Credit Card requirement

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
So buy a VISA gift card to buy the US MInt coins rights?
What is the largest gift card denomination you can buy on bigcrumbs?

If my goal is to spend the gift card which I assume is a debit card at the US MINT and Costco I wonder how much I get back in cash?

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
First if you'd like to buy gift cards to meet credit card requirements you mind as well and click on my referral link below and get some extra $$$ back on those cards

If your bank takes gift cards to fund, you mind as well use one of the credit cards you are churning. Though I'd do some reading on the dedicated thread. You'd want to probably get the largest gift card possible if you didn't want to risk your CC account being closed. Most banks cannot pull money if there is no pin.

I believe you can still use gift cards at the mint, just not Amex gift cards.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by euromannn
So buy a VISA gift card to buy the US MInt coins rights?
What is the largest gift card denomination you can buy on bigcrumbs?If my goal is to spend the gift card which I assume is a debit card at the US MINT and Costco I wonder how much I get back in cash?
I think is $75,000 for non-busienss.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
I have just tried purchasing Visa cards for similar reasons but since it is still in process I cannot guarantee that it will work the way it should.

1. Open a Big Crumbs account.
2. Find and click through to giftcards.com. By clicking through from Big Crumbs.com, you get 2.4% of your purchase price back, which should cover the fees incurred.
3. I opted to order Visa cards in $500 increments (the largest they will do). There's a fee of $4.95 plus shipping. Since you have to make up a code to activate the card, I was comfortable using the $.44 first class shipping option. (Without the code, someone else cannot activate & use the card even if they steal it.)

I am doing this to meet minimum spend requirements on an Amex. I will use the Visa cards to pay bills at merchants that accept MC/Visa but not Amex. I plan to use the entire card at once to make a lump sum payment so that I don't have to keep track of balances and make sure the whole thing gets used up.
Signed up for bigcrumbs.com today eager to use this but looks like giftcards.com no longer one of their partners.

evreward tells me there is a $1 rebate on each order (sucktastic). Any substitutions to achieve the same thing or should I go directly to giftcards.com and get my huge $1 rebate?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
Signed up for bigcrumbs.com today eager to use this but looks like giftcards.com no longer one of their partners.
Just another example how the noobs can kill a deal. What some will do just to get a referral!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.