FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   UA credit card 50,000 miles bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1147231-ua-credit-card-50-000-miles-bonus.html)

carsonheim Nov 12, 2010 3:02 pm

deleted - wrong forum!

mileshound Nov 12, 2010 3:09 pm

The wife has 0 UA and 0 CO miles and a great credit score.

I think now is the time for her to start collectin UA/CO miles. She got the 50K invitation and has not had a Chase app since the BA deal.

So here is my plan for her:

Get the UA 50K

Can she do the Chase checking account online? We do not have a branch within 150 miles of us.

This will put her at 80-100K in no time flat...pending the merger of miles.

Let me know if I am missing something or if I can not do these.

Thanks

Happy Nov 12, 2010 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by TAWS (Post 15128518)
This email is targeted since you need an invitation code when you call. I assume they sent it to all new Mileage Plus members.

No. I got the email as well and I have been MP member for longer than I could remember, at least 6 or 7 years.

TAWS Nov 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by mileshound (Post 15129121)
The wife has 0 UA and 0 CO miles and a great credit score.

I think now is the time for her to start collectin UA/CO miles. She got the 50K invitation and has not had a Chase app since the BA deal.

So here is my plan for her:

Get the UA 50K

Can she do the Chase checking account online? We do not have a branch within 150 miles of us.

This will put her at 80-100K in no time flat...pending the merger of miles.

Let me know if I am missing something or if I can not do these.

Thanks

I'm not sure you can apply for the UA and CO card at the same time because they are both through Chase. Would like to know if anyone has done it.

onthego15 Nov 12, 2010 4:11 pm

In April-May I got both the United 50,000 and the Continental 25,000 credit cards about 6 weeks apart. I also got the Continental Debit card in the same period. So, it can be done.
Since no one knows how long CO credit and debit cards will be available, I wouldn't wait too long.

There is, of course, no guarantee that you will get both CC. If your credit score is good and you are new to chase, then you probably have a good chance.

TAWS Nov 12, 2010 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 15129152)
No. I got the email as well and I have been MP member for longer than I could remember, at least 6 or 7 years.

I didn't say they only sent it to new members. I meant I was a new member and got the email, so I assume they sent it to new members. They could have sent it to other members for all I know.

Sweet Willie Nov 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin (Post 15128314)
have got approved one card and denied one card in the past two months

so can I apply again?

of course you can, the question YOU need to find out FROM Chase is if you apply again, will this new application still earn you miles.

4Health Nov 12, 2010 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by learningtime (Post 15128911)
+1 Me too.

What reason do you get for rejection?

How do you know you got rejected already? I got the "we'll get back to you in 10 days"

JumboJ Nov 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Hmm now I'm torn. I had been eyeing the CO card offer.. and was close to applying but now I got this UA email as well. It's 20K miles more than the CO offer, but also costs $145 more, as the CO offer had no annual fee the first year and kicks back a $50 statement credit. Also there may not be much more time to take advantage of the remaining CO offers. What to do what to do..

apollo_liumin Nov 12, 2010 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 15129573)
of course you can, the question YOU need to find out FROM Chase is if you apply again, will this new application still earn you miles.

Why no miles? I got a NO-UA chase card approved, and this will be my first UAchase card..

BOShappyflyer Nov 12, 2010 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by 4Health (Post 15129956)
How do you know you got rejected already? I got the "we'll get back to you in 10 days"

That's what I've gotten from my Continental app too (and I've got great scores!) Unfortunately, that message is usually for denials based on my past experience (if it hasn't been approved within the first several days). Just wait for the letter.

4Health Nov 12, 2010 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer (Post 15131197)
That's what I've gotten from my Continental app too (and I've got great scores!) Unfortunately, that message is usually for denials based on my past experience (if it hasn't been approved within the first several days). Just wait for the letter.

I've never gotten denied with that message, so hopefully this won't be the first.

european28 Nov 13, 2010 6:15 am

I got the same offer.

Is it safe for me to apply? I got Chase BA in December and Chase CO in July.

learningtime Nov 13, 2010 6:29 am

+1
I have not applied for this one (got targeted email) but this is what has happenned in the past. I can't seem to get a break with Star Alliance miles. Toughest to accrue (for me).

Happy Nov 13, 2010 10:47 am

Originally Posted by 4Health (Post 15131290)
I've never gotten denied with that message, so hopefully this won't be the first.

It does not mean denial. No way to tell.

I have experiences on both, but more delayed approvals than denial (about 5 to 1 ratio).

Usually the card just shows up at Chase Online a few days after the message. Sometimes for whatever unknown reason, the card has a different personal profile so wouldn't show up automatically. This seems happen often with husband's cards.