Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the end near? - What are your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:59 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by no0neelse
It makes me sad to hear stories of "the good ol' days" since I never got to experience them. Makes me wish I got into the game sooner.
What you talkin' about?

Citi is handing out 75K miles with no annual fee for AA card virgins. And you can do it, apparently, for three cards. Not to mention recent 50K offer for UAL card, 100K offer for BA card, etc.

While maybe not as good as the time when you could get new AA and UAL cards every month or two without much hassle, these days are still pretty good, bonus miles wise.

I say that even though the wackos at Citi refused ME a 75K card, just because I have had forty or fifty earlier bonus accounts.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair ..."
Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

On the topic of churning,

What are the current "churn rates" for citi and chase? Checking the boards on the citi deal, it seems to be
Citi
- Either only ONE card (if it's a once-per-lifetime card like the 75k one), or
- Up to 3 applications in 90 days

Chase
- Checking accounts once a year, cancellation possible in 6 months.
- Credit cards .... ???

Anything to add? Or anyone with experience on "churn rate" of chase these days?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.