[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Probably the application has been received and maybe even processed. I don't think there is any good way to check with Citi to find out as they'll likely see the AmEx app and may or may not see the Visa. I'd suggest applying again for the Visa before the day is over. Clear cookies, etc. first and try again and see what happens. They generally won't allow you to apply for three in a day so if you get an error about Too Many Applications you can assume the first Visa app went through.
If the first application went through, will another application result in a 3rd pull on my credit report?

If the application didn't go through, what is the longest period between applications on the same day that has resulted in approval?
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by zink88
If the first application went through, will another application result in a 3rd pull on my credit report?

If the application didn't go through, what is the longest period between applications on the same day that has resulted in approval?
It should not be another pull, won't get that far before you get the "multiple apps message." Even if it pulls again the two personal pulls will be combined if on the same day, whatever a day is for the credit reporting people. Just do it.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:22 pm

For those that meant to apply for 2 different personal cards (Visa, Amex) but used the same browser (like I did, stupidly) and ended up getting 2 of the same cards, wanted to add my input that 150K miles did end up getting credited to mr. eucalyptic's AAdvantage account today. 4 days after statement closed, and it was 2 Amexes with a 4K spend each. ^
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
It should not be another pull, won't get that far before you get the "multiple apps message." Even if it pulls again the two personal pulls will be combined if on the same day, whatever a day is for the credit reporting people. Just do it.
Went ahead and applied again for the Personal Visa using the same computer that got the Amex approval. Instant approval this time around. Meanwhile, my original application for the first Visa is still "Processing". Guess if the application ever goes through, it will get denied for too many applications.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by epiding
its been way over 90 days since the biz card app for me (applied and got it back in March 2011). however, I've only recently cancelled the biz card last week and the online account login for my biz card still works.

hence even though its been >90 days, how long should I wait after I recently cancelled the biz card to churn and apply for it again? does the online account login being active a troublesome issue? (i.e. should i wait for it to become inactive?)
The online log in always works only difference is it would display in Red a message about this account is closed or replaced by another account ... something like that.

You can still see past activities, payment history for example.

However if the account is closed, many functions are no longer available - such as SM is not available for a closed account.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
The online log in always works only difference is it would display in Red a message about this account is closed or replaced by another account ... something like that.

You can still see past activities, payment history for example.

However if the account is closed, many functions are no longer available - such as SM is not available for a closed account.
Sorry, another question about online account. Do you gals/guys here add your Biz accounts to the same online account for your personal cards? Does that raise flags since one is supposed to be for a business?

Also, my friend just got his cards and his 1st statement close date is exactly 1 month away. I remember reading in this thread that the 1st statement close date was usually a few days after the card was activated. Is that not true, or did I read incorrectly?
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by zink88
Went ahead and applied again for the Personal Visa using the same computer that got the Amex approval. Instant approval this time around. Meanwhile, my original application for the first Visa is still "Processing". Guess if the application ever goes through, it will get denied for too many applications.
Cool, or maybe you'll end up mysteriously with three cards.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by fr33b13
Sorry, another question about online account. Do you gals/guys here add your Biz accounts to the same online account for your personal cards? Does that raise flags since one is supposed to be for a business?

Also, my friend just got his cards and his 1st statement close date is exactly 1 month away. I remember reading in this thread that the 1st statement close date was usually a few days after the card was activated. Is that not true, or did I read incorrectly?
You can add personal cards to a business account but not business cards to a personal account. I currently have three accounts, Personal AA, Business AA, and Personal HHonors.

I have had cards with closing dates one week to three weeks from the date I received the card. I don't think it could be more than a month.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by akp
Moving on to more free points, I applied for biz card for myself at 65 days after my personal card applications and got the step 3 "we'll let you know".

In another few weeks husband will be at 65 days and I'll do the business one for him, too.

Anita
Could you not have applied for both business cards at the same time since they are for different persons?
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fr33b13

Can add personal to biz log in but not the opposite.

The statement closing date varies from a few day to a month from the date the card is issued. There is absolutely no telling what it might be nor any observed pattern either.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
As a data point, I just got the 75k posted in my AA account. I made the spend this month and the bill was generated on sept 15th. I have not actually paid the balance yet on this personal visa. I am now using the personal Amex exclusively.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
You can add personal cards to a business account but not business cards to a personal account. I currently have three accounts, Personal AA, Business AA, and Personal HHonors.

I have had cards with closing dates one week to three weeks from the date I received the card. I don't think it could be more than a month.
Originally Posted by Happy
Can add personal to biz log in but not the opposite.

The statement closing date varies from a few day to a month from the date the card is issued. There is absolutely no telling what it might be nor any observed pattern either.
Thank you to both of you for answering my questions!
Old Sep 19, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: Southwest RR , AA
Approved for personel VISA and AMEX

Thanks All for the info in this thread.

Followed the steps. Approved for VISA after a quick chat that popup after i submitted the application. Confirmed by address. Approved for CL 7.2 K

Got approved for AMEX after calling the number on the confirmation page.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:22 pm
Suspended

applied for both visa and amex. are the 75k miles only good for air tickets and no giftcards or anything else right? the bonus miles ever expire?

how long does it take to get the bonus miles? tickets can be purchased only on citi aadvantage website and any flights? if my international flight costs $1500, how many miles is that? thankssss
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jonny1
applied for both visa and amex. are the 75k miles only good for air tickets and no giftcards or anything else right? the bonus miles ever expire?

how long does it take to get the bonus miles? tickets can be purchased only on citi aadvantage website and any flights? if my international flight costs $1500, how many miles is that? thankssss
What you will earn is American Airlines AAdvantage program miles. You will do any and all your redemption of any kind with AA, not with Citi.

This is what you need to read to get yourself an understanding of the program.

http://www.aa.com/AAdvantage/aadvant...false&from=Nav

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.