Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sosiouxme
Tried to cancel my business card yesterday. They put me through the ringer. When I initially called, I got someone with a thick accent who was probably overseas. When I told this CSR of my intent to cancel the card, I was transferred to "XXXXX of Florida" who offered 2500 points "just for my consideration" of not cancelling it that day. CSR said that AA would be notified of the points earned that day and said I could call back anytime to actually cancel the card if I so chose.

Will be calling back next week to do just that so that I can reapply for the big cookies. This game is fun.
You can easily cancel it via secured message if you are not gunning for the retention bonus. There is no need to call.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
Originally Posted by Happy
You can easily cancel it via secured message if you are not gunning for the retention bonus. There is no need to call.
Thank you!! Full of useful information as always Happy!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BulaRae
As far as all the other useless banter, condescension, arrogance, patronization and flaming going on around here, I personally find it pathetic and wonder why there are so many that feel the need to behave so poorly to innocent people trying to figure things out. Some of us have lives and we don't spend all our time on message boards, so no, we are not as clever and cunning as the lot of you at the sport of demeaning others!!
The Post No.2 is so clearly written with 1,2,3,4 etc steps written out in clear English that it is very difficult for me to understand why anyone who claimed they had read it would have any difficulty to understand it.

Originally Posted by Stoughton
They're not trying to figure it out, they're asking someone else to do it for them. The title of the thread clearly states to read the second post yet it's obvious that many people don't bother to do so.

So if they can't be troubled to read that, why should anyone else be bothered to assist?
Worse, they would lie about they had read it when being told to do so - however based on their initial posts, it is so clear that they have never bothered to read it, at least never read it carefully because it is beyond reasonable that anyone would have mis-read the wordings in Post No.2.

Then they have the nerve to claim they dont have the time - so their time is more valuable than others and they are entitled to others spoon feed the answers to them...

The not reading part is bad enough, the blatant lying to cover one's act is much worse.

Originally Posted by jjkpartsman
I totally agree. This is my first post, however I have been reading the enitre thread. The instructions are very clear if you follow post 2. I was successful on both cards without having to ask any further questions. If individuals do not follow post 2, they will lose out.
Welcome to FT! And thank you for your insightful first post!

Yes, it is at own's benefit to actually read Post No.2, not to mention the benefit to the whole thread that really valuable new data posts would not get buried in all the repetitive questions that can easily be answered simply by reading the very clearly written instructions in Post No.2.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:03 pm

hi all
i'm new to this so sorry if this is a question with an obvious answer.

i have good credit and wanted to take advantage of the deal is post #2 to maximize my miles. i applied through the links in post #2. each time i applied i recieved an error message that didn't indicate whether or not the application went through, so i applied multiple times, clearing the cookies prior to each. well it turns out at least some of the applications went through. i recieved 2 e-mails and 3 letters rejecting me for applying for multiple lines of credit. however i also recieved 2 approvals for the visa and have just recieved 2 new different numbered visa signature cards with my name on it. i haven't called to activate these cards yet.
so what's next? can i activate both cards and get 150,000 miles? the spending requirement won't be an issue. is it limited to one offer per name?
thanks
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by michael_v
I have never had a business AA card before and applied on Monday morning. Got the "needs further processing" message. Called Monday evening and the rep asked what is my role within the company. I said "owner". Then she said it would take 7-10 business days. When I check the status via the phone automated system, I get the "application needs further processing" and wants to transfer me to a rep. I have not received any emails. I did receive an alert today from Credit Karma that my Transunion report had a new hard inquiry. What shall I do?
Sit tight until early next week. As post #2 says, "Takes about a week to get your card." If you get denied, post #2 says, "If denied for reasons other than "only for first time cardholders", you can contact Citi through mail or phone and ask them to reconsider or negotiate your approval. If lower level CSRs can't help you, contact the following: CitiBank Executive Review Department, P.O. Box 6000, Sioux Falls, SD 57117."

It took me about a week to ten days to get my card. Citi may ask that you forward them some information to confirm your business--Citi contacted me by phone and email with a request to provide this information. I agreed to send it, and then even before I got the information to them, they notified me that they had approved my application.

They're big, they move slow, and sometimes things fall between the cracks. I wouldn't be in a hurry to contact them, but I'd set a reminder for early next week just to check on the status of your application.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by siamcamp
hi all

i have good credit and wanted to take advantage of the deal is post #2 to maximize my miles. i applied through the links in post #2. each time i applied i recieved an error message that didn't indicate whether or not the application went through, so i applied multiple times, clearing the cookies prior to each. well it turns out at least some of the applications went through. i recieved 2 e-mails and 3 letters rejecting me for applying for multiple lines of credit. however i also recieved 2 approvals for the visa and have just recieved 2 new different numbered visa signature cards with my name on it. i haven't called to activate these cards yet.
so what's next? can i activate both cards and get 150,000 miles? the spending requirement won't be an issue. is it limited to one offer per name?
thanks
Siamcamp welcome to FT.
As far as I can tell from reading a lot of these posts that those who were lucky enough to get two of the same cards were able to activate each one (with a different phoen call) and were able to verfy during activation that 75k per 1500 spend and then actually got it.
I would consider yourself lucky and have a good time on vacation using the 150k miles from Citi
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:45 pm

When you call to activate - confirm the spend and bonus. My spend on the Visa was 4K. wj
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by siamcamp
hi all

thanks

My dad could have written this exact post 5 months ago.... he did, and did although he had to fight a little for the second 75K.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA MM 1K, UK Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb
Denied due to Max credit per customer clause

My wife got denied for having max credit per customer clause. CSR said to reapply after closing an account/reducing credit line. She said there is no way to reopen/reconsider a denied application.

Any suggestions? Should she reapply?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by specialeffects
My wife got denied for having max credit per customer clause. CSR said to reapply after closing an account/reducing credit line. She said there is no way to reopen/reconsider a denied application.

Any suggestions? Should she reapply?
Did you call the regular customer service line or the reconsideration line in post #2?

I would do these things:

(1) Call the reconsideration number in post 2 if you haven't already
(2) Call back again and discuss with another rep, specifically offering to MOVE credit line from an existing card(s) to the new one
(3) Send a postal letter to the address in post 2 offering to do that
(4) Wait a few months and try applying again
Old Aug 10, 2011, 3:05 pm

If I have a legit business, do I still need to wait 60 days?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brown123
If I have a legit business, do I still need to wait 60 days?
yes
Old Aug 10, 2011, 3:47 pm

Applied for Citi 75k Personal offer on 8/2. Received card on 8/8. Called CSR and they confirmed cheerfully that I would receive 75k miles with 1.5k spend in 6 mo. Going for citi business after 2 months. Cheers.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jerrbear89
Applied for Citi 75k Personal offer on 8/2. Received card on 8/8. Called CSR and they confirmed cheerfully that I would receive 75k miles with 1.5k spend in 6 mo. Going for citi business after 2 months. Cheers.
Did you get one personal card or two? If one, you can apply for the business card before 65 days are up. The 65-day window applies to those who got two personal cards. See post #2 for further details. Of course, if you're waiting so that you can spread out the spending requirements, then no need to rush.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Frinkiac7
Just did the application for the biz card and it took me to the final screen saying "application pending, further review needed." Tells me to call them for an immediate decision. What can I expect to be asked/covered when I call?

TYIA
I left open the window with my code/number in it for too long and it timed out, now I don't have the number. I did write down the code I'm supposed to give them when I call in for further review. I don't remember it, it was 1-866 number. Can anyone point me to where I might find it? The 866-449-2484 number that's the general service number for AA cards asks that I enter a credit card number immediately, which I obviously don't have yet at this point.

Thanks if anyone can help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.