Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by Stoughton
A general FYI: If you call to change your due date and are told they can't do this until after the 1st year, hang up and call back to get a different CSR.
I've wanted to do this, but didn't know if it could be done. Thanks for the info!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
A general FYI: If you call to change your due date and are told they can't do this until after the 1st year, hang up and call back to get a different CSR.

Was activating my new 50/50 card and tried to line the due date up with the other Citi cards and the CSR told me it wasn't possible until after a year. This isn't true and a 2nd call got it straightened out.

Having them all due the same day makes management a lot simpler, plus it looks cool to see all those miles hit your AA acct at the same time
How long did it take for the change of statement date to become effective? Also, did you get a long or short month as a result?

I've read that you get a long month, but that isn't actually what I want. Just crossed the $10k spending threshold (missed last $200 on statement cycle by 1 day), and was hoping to use those miles before the end of the month. My gut tells me I'll have to wait, but curious about the experience of others.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by juggler451
How long did it take for the change of statement date to become effective? Also, did you get a long or short month as a result?
1 billing cycle and you get a long month

I've read that you get a long month, but that isn't actually what I want. Just crossed the $10k spending threshold (missed last $200 on statement cycle by 1 day), and was hoping to use those miles before the end of the month. My gut tells me I'll have to wait, but curious about the experience of others.
You'll have to wait

The one thing they mentioned is that they have to wait for the current billing cycle to finish, and the change will take effect on the next cycle
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:40 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Pay the full balance off on the "payment due date" regardless if they tell you you don't need to.

I changed my date and got confused, ended up having to pay interest on $700...
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cagalindo
Pay the full balance off on the "payment due date" regardless if they tell you you don't need to.

I changed my date and got confused, ended up having to pay interest on $700...
If you got the cash, always paid earlier to make sure you are not late. Whatever interest you can accure in the bank during the month cannot possibily be more than late fees + finance charges once you are caught late.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:14 pm

i just try to create a virtual account number and they told me they do not offer it on my AA Advantage AMEX what should i do?!!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Egnogra
i just try to create a virtual account number and they told me they do not offer it on my AA Advantage AMEX what should i do?!!
Accept it. That's how it is
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by huge
Thanks dd, that seems like possibly a good suggestion. It's true that the tone of their message sounds more like "we want to see if something else might be better for you" rather than "we want to make sure you're not a deadbeat before we give you one of our precious elite credit cards", but on the other hand they didn't send me a last-4 of a card number. It seems like waiting a week or two won't hurt me, and then I can call up and say "hey - you said I was approved for a card, but I haven't received it - what's up?".
Yeah that is what happened to me. I am self-employed so they sent me an extra email asking me to call them for additional information.

They were offering a business visa with 15k miles after $250k spending. I politely declined and would rather attempt the 75k offer in 90 days.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Avis PC
There is nothing you can really do except to file a lawsuit! How dare they not have virtual numbers for us!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:34 pm

Yeah, it took me a lot longer to hit my $10k spend on the Citi AAdvantage Amex than I anticipated.

Hoping I can churn a visa or mc in a couple months
Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by scwam
When were your last 2 cards approved? Recently?

@ rh9cg

Congradulations, you are one lucky ........ Is this your first account(s) with citibank?
This is my second account with Citibank, opened up one a couple years ago - not a rewards card. These were my first AAdvantage cards.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
If anyone else has had this same problem, please let me know so I can update post #2. I'd hate for someone to miss out cause they couldn't hit the $4k when they thought they had to get $1.5k.
I was already approved. I called the number and I was told my spend requirement was $4k too. I used the $1.5k link for both the Visa and Amex (second group of links).
Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by yotsubachan
I was already approved. I called the number and I was told my spend requirement was $4k too. I used the $1.5k link for both the Visa and Amex (second group of links).
... The second group of links is for the $4k spending requirement. I'm gonna put a break in between each set to help differentiate.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:27 am

My wife applied for both personal cards on the same day. Got a voicemail that they need more info, as well as an email for each application stating that they need more info. Each email has a different reference number. When she calls, I'm wondering if it's OK to give them both reference numbers on the same call or if it's better to place two separate calls. Anyone have any experience with a similar situation?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:49 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by knopfler
My wife applied for both personal cards on the same day. Got a voicemail that they need more info, as well as an email for each application stating that they need more info. Each email has a different reference number. When she calls, I'm wondering if it's OK to give them both reference numbers on the same call or if it's better to place two separate calls. Anyone have any experience with a similar situation?
Call twice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.