Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIAP: Walmart Gift Card.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

SIAP: Walmart Gift Card.

What is the policy on purchasing an item at walmart, then opting to get a refund on a walmart visa gift card instead of cash, and using that to pay off a credit card?
Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Mintman10
What is the policy on purchasing an item at walmart, then opting to get a refund on a walmart visa gift card instead of cash, and using that to pay off a credit card?
I am assuming you mean buying something on a regular/airline card but getting the refund on a walmart card. I'm not sure what you mean by a walmart visa gift cards. When I don't have reciepts for walmart returns, I get credit on a walmart card that can be used only at Walmart (so no paying off CC bills, etc).
Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:41 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
interesting!...why don't you try it & let us know....

tia....good luck..

edit....btw, what city?... thanks..
Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:49 pm

I would have to imagine that Walmart, like most stores, track returns and limit them... I can't imagine they would allow thousands of dollars in returns from one customer.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:59 pm

Walmart is very smart and will lock you down quickly after a few thousand $$. And I don't think that would work, buy definitely give it a try and let us know. : )
Old Jul 20, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
An item returned with a receipt automatically goes back on the card used. An item returned without a receipt has the value placed on a Wal-Mart gift card (if over $25, if under $25 you do have the option of cash) and you can have 3 returns without receipt in a 45 day period.

Official Policy
Old Jul 20, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by ooodsie
I would have to imagine that Walmart, like most stores, track returns and limit them... I can't imagine they would allow thousands of dollars in returns from one customer.
False, that's one of the great things about Walmart. Back in college I bought a tv my freshman year and, because of their 90 return policy, was able to upgrade each semester for all 4 years...my reason for returning..."It didn't work out."

EDIT: I paid in cash and received cash in return
Old Jul 21, 2010, 1:00 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
you can use a walmart gc to pay off a credit card?
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I avoid anything relating to (A) gift cards and/or (B) timeshares.

MisterNice
Old Jul 21, 2010, 8:18 am
Original Poster

I was thinking, I could ask the person over at customer service to refund the amount back on a walmart "Moneycard." This is one of those prepaid debit cards offered by walmart.

https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/walmart/homepage.aspx
Old Jul 21, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: AA, AS, WN, Marriott, Hilton
I was thinking, I could ask the person over at customer service to refund the amount back on a walmart "Moneycard." This is one of those prepaid debit cards offered by walmart.

https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/walmart/homepage.aspx
I think they will only refund money to a walmart gift card, and not the visa card. Even if they did I haven't seen any credit cards that let you use another card to pay the bill. Why go through the hassle of buying something to return it on a Visa gift card when you could just buy the gift card out right with your credit card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.