PenFed offer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, CX Silver, SPG
PenFed offer

http://penfedamazingescapes.com
Promotion start 4/30/2010 - 5/28/2010
Seems like a great deal (lucky draw though), free for PenFed user, worth a try.

Last edited by aviators99; Apr 24, 2010 at 4:32 pm
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That site URL makes me a little nervous. It was just registered a few weeks ago. I'd be careful about entering info there.

The site looks very professional, but has anyone heard of it directly from PenFed?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
penfed = pentagon federal credit union

i received this offer in an email from penfed more than a week ago
dont know if it went to all the members or just those who have pen fed issued credit cards
Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This offer is also featured in ads which appear on Flyertalk. Seems to merely be a contest to attract card applicants in the same way that American Express, Bank of America, Barclay's, Chase or Citi do.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, and a mug on the wall at the local brewpub
Symantec has this on their "suspicious sites" list. I just clicked, and it blocked access, with the option of overriding, and a strong suggestion not to.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Amex runs promos like this all the time. In truth, there are only one or two packages available and it is impossible to hit the website at the appropriate time due to all the traffic.

Mike
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Well, actually PenFed offer the best (at least I think) FF credit card with 5% cash back for all airline purchase.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by boomdog
Symantec has this on their "suspicious sites" list. I just clicked, and it blocked access, with the option of overriding, and a strong suggestion not to.
It's okay actually. When you click on "Apply Now," it takes you to PenFed's website. PenFed is a great credit union. I've been banking with them for more than 20 years now.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:33 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Moderators' Note:

There is some concern among a consensus of the forum moderators that this might be a third party referral advertisement. While the promo at the Pentagon financial institution seems to be legit, someone outside of the bank might have been rewarded by accessing the site through the URL that was initially pasted.

We have therefore removed the part of the link that may have contained the potential referral code. This doesn't change the terms of the deal.

Moderator2/Aviators99
Old Apr 24, 2010, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Moderator2
Moderators' Note:

There is some concern among a consensus of the forum moderators that this might be a third party referral advertisement. While the promo at the Pentagon financial institution seems to be legit, someone outside of the bank might have been rewarded by accessing the site through the URL that was initially pasted.

We have therefore removed the part of the link that may have contained the potential referral code. This doesn't change the terms of the deal.

Moderator2/Aviators99
I never awared of it... thanks for the update
Old Apr 25, 2010, 6:42 pm

have a penfed visa. Also work?

If not any signup promos for the amx??
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just an FYI on this: I received this email as well, and it states in the fine print you must have the Penfed AMEX card, not any other Penfed card (I have the Visa). Here are the terms:

To participate, you must be a PenFed member and have a valid PenFed Premium Travel Rewards American Express® Card in good standing and be a legal U.S. resident 18 years of age or older.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
That The PenFed American Express card is a great card even without the added spiffs and you don't have additional FX charges either.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by jbcarioca
That The PenFed American Express card is a great card even without the added spiffs and you don't have additional FX charges either.
I checked on the fx charges, since my amex is supposed to charge 3%, beware of the fx charges taking effect after 6/30/10.

https://www.penfed.org/usedbehindpin...aryofterms.asp

"Transaction Fees

Foreign Transaction

2.5% (minimum $10, maximum $100) per transaction is waived from March 1 through June 30, 2010."
Old May 4, 2010, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL, HH, SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by boboqui

https://www.penfed.org/usedbehindpin...aryofterms.asp

"Transaction Fees

Foreign Transaction

2.5% (minimum $10, maximum $100) per transaction is waived from March 1 through June 30, 2010."
Actually you have them misaligned, the foreign transaction fees have been removed. Balance transfers are waived from March 1 through June 30, 2010.

Transaction Fees:

Foreign Transaction
None

Balance Transfer
2.5% (minimum $10, maximum $100) per transaction is waived from March 1 through June 30, 2010.

Cash Advance
None

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.