Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Fall fares to Europe - When??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.

Noticed fares are still pretty high for Europe and am wondering when do the fall fares come out?

Looking for mostly from East Coast to London, Frankfurt and Rome.

Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2009, 2:41 pm

Hi,

There was a few sales last month, pretty good deals. Fares to Europe were going for $300 including taxes. I, myself got one for October trip. Browse the thread and keep looking out for deals in the forum, you might never know.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 2:49 pm

Now, such as was-ath 610$.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
That fare to ATH was far tastier when it was $360 AI, from MKE no less.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC*E
If you can bear a connection through YYZ, AIr Canada's seat sale ends tonight (21/7/2009) midnight EDT. I got LHR-YYZ return for about 320. JFK/SFO not much more.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 3:54 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Let's move this to the MR discussion forum.

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Old Jul 21, 2009, 3:54 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Have you looked at FareCompare (http://www.farecompare.com/)? You can play with the calendar to see which dates work best for you.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Italy98
Have you looked at FareCompare (http://www.farecompare.com/)? You can play with the calendar to see which dates work best for you.
No offense to you for bringing this site up, but every time I go to this site it 1) crashes my computer, and 2) is not accurate with the availability. Just to warn people who may want to go to this link...
Old Jul 22, 2009, 6:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DeltaMM
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
No offense to you for bringing this site up, but every time I go to this site it 1) crashes my computer, and 2) is not accurate with the availability. Just to warn people who may want to go to this link...
My experience with FC is the same. I know many die-hards swear by it, but as a casual user, it's never been particularly useful to me.

So does anyone have an answer for the OP? I'm looking at Italy in November and fares are still high.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 8:14 am

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
I found most fares drop after Labor Day weekend although fares pop up here and there. However most Europeans take vacation during month of August so availability of fare class would be scarce even if fare was offered.

I enjoy going in September/October anyways as fares are lower, planes are less full and some Europeans are still glowing from their August vacations. Not to mention it is not so blaring hot in the Mediterranean!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Italy98
You can also search a month at a time on matrix.itasoftware.com - much more user friendly, doesn't crash, and the fares are almost always bookable, which IMO isn't always true of FC.

Originally Posted by krobbins
My experience with FC is the same. I know many die-hards swear by it, but as a casual user, it's never been particularly useful to me.

So does anyone have an answer for the OP? I'm looking at Italy in November and fares are still high.
Using ITA, I'm seeing 650-ish r/t fares from MCO to FCO for certain dates in October and almost every day in November. I don't think that is awful. Certainly if you are expecting the sub-500 fares, I think you will have to wait until after Labor Day and see if the fall loads are as bad as projected.

Also, AA currently has sale fares of $304 each way MCO-FRA and $287 each way MCO-ZRH, if that helps...need to book on aa.com.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 9:08 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, AS MVP Gold. Happily ex-1K, ex-Exec Plat, ex-DL Diamond for 5 years each
I'm finding a hair under $500 a/i to certain euro destinations ex-NYC, on UA after the dump. Dates in September, October, Nov. Not super-cheap, and probably not MR material, but also not bad.

If you check EF, the UA r/t fares (before taxes, fees, etc.) hover around $250-280. Search for cities where you can fly UA flight numbers all the way, and preferably LH metal on the end segment if you have to connect.

Sadly for me, nothing on AA yet
Old Jul 22, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Originally Posted by ldpeters
Sadly for me, nothing on AA yet
From this side of the pond.

AA recently matched a BA sale, and BAs financial woes are well known and long-term. Prices came down to about 260 ai to JFK for Sep thru Mar 10, and this is good if not great. Current prices are 340 ai but I can't imagine sales are heavy at that price.

I'm hopeful and optimistic of seeing prices sub 250 ai for the winter being available fairly soon. Being patient!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 9:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Probably in the fall.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Dropping but slowly...

Fares are dropping but slowly. Few weeks back RDU-FRA was in $700 range - just noticed Today - $567 range. I do think they will come down but not sure when. Holindg my breath!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.