Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TK: Lon-HKG £181

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] TK: Lon-HKG £181

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2009, 3:34 pm

make it a package

All - i'd suggest if you were lucky enough to book a fare, to also book a seperate hotel through o.uk.

Whilst it wasn't part of a package, if the hotel is on the same dates (ie one night only in HKG), or say an activity or a car, it could be construed as a package, the laws are different for o.uk cancelling a package vs just a standalone flight. You may also be able to get recompence from ABTA if it is in fact considered a package.

Closer to the date, cancel the hotel/activity/car if there is no fee, ideally hopefully there won't be one....

kawoh
Old May 5, 2009, 5:15 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
fare gone???
Old May 5, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
fare gone???
Just a little too late to the party - fare has indeed been amended accordingly.

I fly to HKG on Saturday and will report back should I have any issues.

To be honest, I hope I do as I don't want to fly economy ;D.
Old May 6, 2009, 2:43 am

Programs: Lufthansa-BA-Ethihad-Turkish Airlines-China Airlines-Oman Air - Hilton - Marriott...
gladly i made my booking on monday succesful eticket and ticket# appear via checkmytrip as well

- any hotel deals hkg end nov to talk about ?
Old May 6, 2009, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Has anybody flown on this fare yet? I fly out on Friday and, like Boddingtons will report if any issues.
Old May 6, 2009, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
I have (sadly) moved this to Mileage Run Discussion following confirmations it is gone.

I hope every reader interested is aware of the drill in MR Deals - if it's a great deal, check it out, then book it immediately.

Cheers,
BiziBB
Moderator, Mileage Ruin forums
Old May 6, 2009, 9:33 am

Programs: Various memberships
Hi Boddingtons and superscot hope everything goes OK - please do report back as I am booked much later in the year (October!) and I don't want to book any hotels, especially advanced non-refundable rates just yet!

TE
Old May 6, 2009, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by TheEngineer
Hi Boddingtons and superscot hope everything goes OK - please do report back as I am booked much later in the year (October!) and I don't want to book any hotels, especially advanced non-refundable rates just yet!

TE
When? Me, 21st - 25th Oct.
Old May 6, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus Lifetime, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by superscot
Has anybody flown on this fare yet? I fly out on Friday and, like Boddingtons will report if any issues.
Let us know how your trip goes. I hope they will honor the fare.
Old May 7, 2009, 9:56 am

OPD Trying to Cancel

I've just had a phone call from Opodo's fares department telling me that the fare was wrong and offering me two options:

1) pay the difference between the fare paid and 'what the fare should have been' or
2) have my ticket cancelled.

I was told that unless I paid I would not be able to fly.

I stood my ground and they then offered to meet me half way - pay half the difference (about £100).

I was persistent and told them that there was a contract and that I expected to fly and would claim damages if I were denied boarding. After about 10 minutes of this, I insisted that they EMail me confirming that my ticket as it stood was good to go. They have done this and I have just received an automated text reminder about my flights and saying 'Have a good trip!'

We'll see what happens when I check in.

If you get the same phone call - stand your ground.
Old May 7, 2009, 10:06 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
I've just had a phone call from Opodo's fares department telling me that the fare was wrong and offering me two options:

1) pay the difference between the fare paid and 'what the fare should have been' or

I stood my ground and they then offered to meet me half way - pay half the difference (about £100).

I was persistent and told them that there was a contract and that I expected to fly and would claim damages if I were denied boarding. After about 10 minutes of this, I insisted that they EMail me confirming that my ticket as it stood was good to go. They have done this and I have just received an automated text reminder about my flights and saying 'Have a good trip!'

Thanks for letting us to know.
Old May 7, 2009, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

Had your ticket been issued normally? I'm trying to understand how they can cancel a ticket already issued. If contacted, will stand our ground indeed.
Old May 7, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Opodo have tired calling me today but I wasn't at home.

I suspect they are trying to cancel the ticket.

I'm not going to call them back - fly out on Saturday.
Old May 7, 2009, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Had your ticket been issued normally? I'm trying to understand how they can cancel a ticket already issued. If contacted, will stand our ground indeed.
Yes - the ticket had been issued normally (I have the Etkt no) and my c/card charged. That was exactly my point - a contract had been created and they couldn't cancel it. I've now checked in online for the outbound flights and, althyough they can't issue the BP online for flights out of LHR, I have printed out the BP for the IST-HKG sector. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no shenanigens at either LHR or IST. I'll post when (if) I get to HKG.
Old May 7, 2009, 4:04 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus Lifetime, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Yes - the ticket had been issued normally (I have the Etkt no) and my c/card charged. That was exactly my point - a contract had been created and they couldn't cancel it. I've now checked in online for the outbound flights and, althyough they can't issue the BP online for flights out of LHR, I have printed out the BP for the IST-HKG sector. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no shenanigens at either LHR or IST. I'll post when (if) I get to HKG.
Thanks for sharing. This is very useful information. I'm glad they were willing to concede

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.