FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

WingedWorldExplorer Feb 11, 2021 6:58 am

Originally Posted by LeStras (Post 33028877)
Hi everyone. I just created this account today because my last account username included my name which probably isn't the best idea for this thread. I'm from Canada but just started going to University in Europe so I've been using my quarantine time here to study this thread. I was super excited yesterday when I found my first 3x that worked! Now I'm working on WWE's last post as I think it can get me home for a cousins wedding. Long story short, from what I've read fuel dumping takes a lot more effort these days so I just wanted to say thanks to those who still post on this thread. I would have been hopeless had I just found out about fuel dumping from a blog and not had this resource. Maybe in a couple months I can actually post a deal on this thread. Thanks again!

Routing is not most direct, so probably not worth searching for.
SPAIN/Portugal fares to USA(JFK/BOS) and Canada ( YYZ and YUL) are now so low and with very little YQ attached that net savings from dumping will be very low. Reading about Fuel Dumping on blogs is useless. Whenever in the past they gone into ANY detail they have been attacked, so not they just give a useless generalized description,

man4business Feb 12, 2021 4:48 am

Class I

C2-C4 biz for 87 euro a.i.

nutsey Feb 12, 2021 7:38 am

Great biz fare. Getting €196 but hopefully find a cheaper strike, open to tips!

fridgy Feb 12, 2021 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by man4business (Post 33032321)
C2-C4 biz for 87 euro a.i.

you forgot the google flights link :D
jk, very good find!

Granite64 Feb 13, 2021 5:46 am

Originally Posted by fridgy (Post 33033272)
you forgot the google flights link :D
jk, very good find!

Nice fare yes, if you can actually fly it.

man4business Feb 13, 2021 6:20 am

Come on, guys, how many times you are going to write here about "good fares"?

Granite64 Feb 13, 2021 8:07 am

Originally Posted by man4business (Post 33034472)
Come on, guys, how many times you are going to write here about "good fares"?

Is there a rule which says that we can't do that?

man4business Feb 13, 2021 11:41 am

The first rule is not to broadcast too much.

Granite64 Feb 13, 2021 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by man4business (Post 33035033)
The first rule is not to broadcast too much.

I'm very much aware of what the 'rules' are.

Raul2014 Feb 15, 2021 1:26 pm

After thoroughly checking, I guess there's only one way something like that is possible :cool:

Granite64 Feb 15, 2021 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Raul2014 (Post 33039281)
After thoroughly checking, I guess there's only one way something like that is possible :cool:

That doesn't need a thorough check.

momoflyingguy Feb 16, 2021 12:37 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 33030316)
Routing is not most direct, so probably not worth searching for. In the entire world I have only found 1ONE 3X which works for this carrier - so forget it.

SPAIN/Portugal fares to USA(JFK/BOS) and Canada ( YYZ and YUL) are now so low and with very little YQ attached that net savings from dumping will be very low. Reading about Fuel Dumping on blogs is useless. Whenever in the past they gone into ANY detail they have been attacked, so not they just give a useless generalized description,

:tu:

The little tips in each of your posts have added up to a nice portfolio...

WingedWorldExplorer Feb 16, 2021 6:00 am

Originally Posted by momoflyingguy (Post 33040278)
:tu:

The little tips in each of your posts have added up to a nice portfolio...

Thank You. Then it works as intended. Only the diligent will, like a puzzle, put all the pieces together and enjoy. The fact that many of the oldest tricks, some even 14 years old, still work is evidence of concept.

Then there are lots of "Me Too" commentary postings with neither Context nor Content and with no Informational Value whatsoever.

Originally Posted by Raul2014 (Post 33039281)

Originally Posted by Granite64 (Post 33034441)
Nice fare yes, if you can actually fly it.

Totally missed his point. Post # 10049 refers to all-in final price after applying a Trick - NOT a "Fare"
Using the term "Fare" implies that its a mistake fare and/or a fare which can only be found on a certain "secret" OTA.
Good Fares belong somewhere else.

Granite64 Feb 17, 2021 4:27 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 33040555)

Totally missed his point. Post # 10049 refers to all-in final price after applying a Trick - NOT a "Fare"
Using the term "Fare" implies that its a mistake fare and/or a fare which can only be found on a certain "secret" OTA.
Good Fares belong somewhere else.

I definitely didn't mean that, but you are correct.

WingedWorldExplorer Feb 17, 2021 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Granite64 (Post 33042613)
I definitely didn't mean that, but you are correct.

Glad we agree. You have been around for 8 years and though we are not close, I seem to remember you as making serious meaningful contributions. Lets focus on that and move on. Cheers