FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

man4business Aug 28, 2020 4:26 pm

Many C3 destinations, not all of them are equally cheap but you need to realize that if we hit AI prices << 100 euro then BF also has to be extremely low. Some people were very excited about it some months ago...

man4business Aug 28, 2020 5:10 pm

C2-C6 299 285 281,98 euro (big sale)

thanaset Aug 29, 2020 5:36 am

Originally Posted by man4business (Post 32632227)
Normally, what has been written is enough or even too much. But ok: TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 4 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN. On the other hand side, in pursuit of a lower price, another airline, almost the same route and the same X-factor - 95 82 euro a.i.

Does this one, c2-c5s, have the Base Fare 1EUR?

Thank you!

flyer777lr Aug 29, 2020 7:46 am

Originally Posted by thanaset (Post 32637783)
Does this one, c2-c5s, have the Base Fare 1EUR?

Thank you!

BF 1,00 different Destination for 13€ plus Tax and X

andydd Aug 31, 2020 7:45 am

Originally Posted by man4business (Post 32636828)
Many C3 destinations, not all of them are equally cheap but you need to realize that if we hit AI prices << 100 euro then BF also has to be extremely low. Some people were very excited about it some months ago...

Does the all in prices involves no skipping?

Flyinghobby Sep 1, 2020 6:19 am

Seems like a Newbie question!

andydd Sep 1, 2020 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Flyinghobby (Post 32644507)
Seems like a Newbie question!

Thanks for jumping the gun & your expert opinion, but I would patiently wait for the OP to reply.
Because I know that price is quoted for one of the airlines, where it will be a "gauranteed" gala denied boarding on skipping the starter, which might be unpalatable.

man4business Sep 1, 2020 3:27 pm

Yes, you are right. Denial of boarding is (almost) guaranteed if you do what you mean. But if you plan ahead and fly, why not? ;-)

andydd Sep 2, 2020 3:45 am

Originally Posted by man4business (Post 32645754)
Yes, you are right. Denial of boarding is (almost) guaranteed if you do what you mean. But if you plan ahead and fly, why not? ;-)

Thanks for the confirmation and so indeed the airline is the one I suspected. My only concern in the times that we are now.. we dont know yet if the restaurants serving the starter are going to be open to serve the guests.

Also even if the restaurants are open, the transport itself to the restaurant is uncertain because of all kinds of restrictions that are causing the turbulence in 2020.

With good planning, it may work.. but lots of luck and planets need to be aligned to enjoy the 2 course meals in peace.

Deckter Sep 2, 2020 5:10 am

Here's a newbie question: Is the menu visible on ITA? Because in the relevant section of FR, it is clearly stated which restaurants can be visited but you are definitely dining in others.

WingedWorldExplorer Sep 4, 2020 8:19 am

Old Tricks never die, when certain carriers forget the past.

Idlewild or Orchard airport to Palam airport 132,45 € All-in R/T , using 4****+ Red Cross European carrier using old trick.

With a small twist of the wrist you can fly Luftie instead to same country.

Alternatively, this trick also works with another high quality carrier to the former South West African colony of Luftie's home country.

Actually, a C1-C5 (Open Jaw ) C3-C1 will get you 127,92 € All-in ( even lower MAY be possible)*

I have been asked why I posted this since skipping 1X will almost automatically cancel rest of itinerary. I posted because I have been informed by several FTers, even a group of 3 flying to Beachy start location on a future vacation and therefore have opportunity to fly 1 or several 1Xs.

One of my trusted friends actually took the time and made the effort to optimize this deal and reached 98 €. That is what this thread should be all about: Helping others and improve pricing.

thanaset Sep 5, 2020 7:10 am

C2c-C3e 285EUR

I found some routes from C2c-C3e 285EUR on Oneworld with x3, BF 93EUR.

ITAble and OTAble.

X factor + Taxes = about 120EUR, too high!

How could I get it more lower?

Added: when you make it two trips to this country, it's about 222EUR per trip (GF 444EUR in total).

andydd Sep 5, 2020 7:48 am

Originally Posted by thanaset (Post 32653958)

ITAble and OTAble.

Added: when you make it two trips to this country, it's about 222EUR per trip (GF 444EUR in total).

The only ways to lower taxes+strike (in 3x config) price are to:
1. Either find an OTA that offers discount or
2. Change your origin airport
3. Optimize your strike.

WingedWorldExplorer Sep 6, 2020 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by thanaset (Post 32653958)

ITAble and OTAble.

Old stuff - and well known. That deal has been reported several times before in 2018 and 2019 and 2020.

man4business Sep 7, 2020 12:38 am

Actually, there are more OTAs (it nees more fragmentation to get them working).