FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

BillyDWilliazs1 Jun 29, 2015 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by jazzmailman (Post 25046443)
Hi I'm flying to India from the US on an EK fare... the fat is ~$750 :(

Is it possible to trim the fat on EK flights?

Thanks!

I've never been able to do it but I'm also not an expert. However, one such person recently said something along the lines of fat can be cut from any airline.

Mrpinkca Jun 29, 2015 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by jazzmailman (Post 25046443)
Hi I'm flying to India from the US on an EK fare... the fat is ~$750 :(

Is it possible to trim the fat on EK flights?

Thanks!

Sometimes. What is the flight?

I was tempted to be a dick here because this question seems to be asked every 20 pages. But I haven't really earned my wings for that so I'll just suggest that you don't code your questions.

WolfvanWeen Jun 30, 2015 12:29 am

Originally Posted by maxvor (Post 25045305)
Time for not-so-intelligent question :)
If I understand it correctly, when you combine fares, the most restrictive rules apply. So, I have been thinking lately, let's imagine I combine a fare that allows EoE "to certain extent" with another one that also allows it "to certain extent". How is the final restriction determined in that case? ........too many details about what I think......
Thanks for any explanation in advance!

That is not such a miracle. These restrictions are dealt one by one. So let's say you look for a partner and you require the partner to be blonde. There are many blondes, but some require that their partner is blue-eyed, which you aren't, others want them to be bold which you are.
In that case you will only ask blondes for a date, but you will only get a date with those that don't have that blue-eye restriction. Eventually you get bored just the two of you, and decide to attach yet another partner. You have no say in this, but he/she will have to be bold as well.

maxvor Jun 30, 2015 12:46 am

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen (Post 25047026)
That is not such a miracle. These restrictions are dealt one by one. So let's say you look for a partner and you require the partner to be blonde. There are many blondes, but some require that their partner is blue-eyed, which you aren't, others want them to be bold which you are.
In that case you will only ask blondes for a date, but you will only get a date with those that don't have that blue-eye restriction. Eventually you get bored just the two of you, and decide to attach yet another partner. You have no say in this, but he/she will have to be bold as well.

So, you say, that my original restriction of partner to be blonde somehow "disappears"? Or he/she should be BOTH blonde and bold?

WolfvanWeen Jun 30, 2015 12:55 am

Originally Posted by maxvor (Post 25047072)
So, you say, that my original restriction of partner to be blonde somehow "disappears"? Or he/she should be BOTH blonde and bold?

It doesn't disappear, but you have no say if you're not "docked" with

EC145T2 Jun 30, 2015 7:54 am

C2-C4 *A 300€, Appetizer included

greyguy1 Jun 30, 2015 8:48 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 25041055)
Any CC. Jordan and Israel too.

My bad, was looking in reverse.

vinvam Jun 30, 2015 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen (Post 25047097)
It doesn't disappear, but you have no say if you're not "docked" with

Very helpful in understanding this. Thanks! ^

keitherson Jun 30, 2015 3:33 pm

maxvor Jun 30, 2015 3:36 pm

Paul4Travel Jun 30, 2015 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson (Post 25050609)
a XX mistake fare on the .....!?!?!? unbelievable

Yep. And since it is only for merciful grace, it would be better everyone keeps his mouth shut or those bast**d blogs will be like the mosquitos on the shhh.....

keitherson Jun 30, 2015 6:10 pm

i redacted by request but i sort of disagree, whatever

fabsys Jun 30, 2015 6:22 pm

To ....... blogger ! I say that

flylonghaul Jun 30, 2015 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by fabsys (Post 25051268)
To ....... blogger ! I say that

HAHA eloquently put my friend.

keitherson Jun 30, 2015 10:56 pm

Re: Mel-lax oct/nov rt from $444 us qantas

An update for you savvy AFFers celebrating Xmas in July with these mistake fares: they’re not valid and have been removed from sale. We’re currently following up affected bookings.