Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: SFO-SYD/MEL $718 ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] UA: SFO-SYD/MEL $718 ai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:30 pm

Great find, may need to alter my spring break trips to accomodate this. Hope the fare stays until my Plat visa arrives.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA1K, AA EXP, CO Plat, BD*G, NW, DL, Priority Club, SPG & Marriott
I tried all the possible tricks available and I could only lower the price to $600AI for 4/19-4/22. I might pull the trigger for two trips since I have 3 weeks vacation until the 1st week of May. Not too bad to requalify early for BD Gold. Thanks OP. Any one for SYD mini-DO?

Do you guys think, the Australian Immigration will not be suspicion of me for doing this 3x in a row? I know that I can always tell them that I am a crazy MRunner trying to requalify early.

Last edited by jestabillo; Jan 16, 2009 at 4:08 pm
Old Jan 15, 2009, 11:57 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rwk32882
This is hardcore MR material. Who's man (or woman) enough to pull off four of these straight? Calling wanaflyforless...where are you?!?!?

I have (SO FAR) nested 2 of these babys in already booked flights MEL-SFO (and the whole HNL "side trip" included on each) which were on sale ex MEL last week ... that's 3... Sheer not enough hours in the day might preclude the 4th but I am looking

On a positive note... I have a feeling that ex Australia sale didn't sell many seats for UA, so they might have it back .. in which case @:-)
Old Jan 16, 2009, 12:14 am

Programs: UA1K, AA EXP, CO Plat, BD*G, NW, DL, Priority Club, SPG & Marriott
Originally Posted by Noelene
On a positive note... I have a feeling that ex Australia sale didn't sell many seats for UA, so they might have it back .. in which case @:-)
I was not able to make a nested itinerary but back-to-back with 1 night stay for the 1st and 3 nights day for the 2nd, with stops in HNL. What are your dates?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 12:29 am
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
I am departing MEL April 5, and my final flight is April 22 LAX-MEL, is that what you mean?

maybe I used the term "nested" incorrectly?
but basically it is 2 of these inside my originally booked MEL-SYD-LAX-HNL-SFO-HNL-LAX-SYD-MEL trip

Last edited by Noelene; Jan 16, 2009 at 12:31 am Reason: forgot SYD segment
Old Jan 16, 2009, 2:45 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by reddirt14
I'd appreciate it if someone wouldn't mind PMing me with some details.
Here's what you do:
1. Go to ITA Software.
2. Select how long you want to stay (0, 1, 2, 3, etc. nights)
3. Enter the routing string (for example typing in LAX::UA HNL UA+ in the from box and SYD::UA UA HNL UA+ in the to box tells ITA to look for any UA flights from LAX to SYD, via HNL, over the specified 30 day time frame for the desired number of nights.
4. ITA will then tell you what dates there's inventory (remember that just because the fares on the market it does not mean it'll work on every flight.)
5. Select which combination works best for you from ITA, note the flight numbers and then go to .bomb and construct the same itinerary.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I'm finding no problem getting these via hnl at decent prices...having considerable problems adding in an HNL stopover...and even worse time negotiating that little discount on the end

Any advice?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:06 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by Renard
I'm finding no problem getting these via hnl at decent prices...having considerable problems adding in an HNL stopover...and even worse time negotiating that little discount on the end

Any advice?
Oh -- the HNL stopover I think adds $150 to the price of the ticket. (That said remember you have up to 24 hours to connect onwards when on an international ticket...)

BTW: YHPM
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
While this is slightly tempting, the prospect of two 14-15 hour overnight flights in coach is ultimately enough to convince me not to book.

I'll wait 'til the next $1200 J class mistake fare!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
ITA shows $472 all/in (with the HNL diversions) but the cheapest UA prices the itinerary is $550 all/in.

This is not the first time. I wonder what specificallly ITA leaves off that UA adds?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Originally Posted by Renard

Any advice?
I am having problems also getting the fare down to $550ish, I'm using ITA but can't get the final discount to work. Any help would also be appreciated. SFO-HNL-LAX-SYD w/no HNL stopover
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:00 am

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
ITA shows $472 all/in (with the HNL diversions) but the cheapest UA prices the itinerary is $550 all/in.

This is not the first time. I wonder what specificallly ITA leaves off that UA adds?
Im also getting the $550 on .bomb now.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, BD Gold, SPG Gold
Can anyone PM how to get price down? I only see $731 on ITA (via HNL, no stopover). I looked at discussion to see what this "trick" is to reduce price (ONly trick I remember was the PL one). Please, someone PM me. thx
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
All the information you need is in this thread: re-read the first couple pages.

Last edited by MatthewLAX; Jan 16, 2009 at 1:36 pm
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Has anyone tried to book one of these in May? I'm trying....finding reasonable ones on ITA and finding it impossible to recreate it on .bomb or orbitz etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.