Wiki Posts
Search

AADER?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2009, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM, UA 1P, HH Gold, HGVC
AADER?

Does anyone remember when they announced AADER last year? I seem to remember getting the email sometime in February, but I could be wrong. If they do it again this could be a big year for me, already at 41,000 by Feb 8.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 10:06 am

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/UCHA1 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

It was mid-April, in response to DL's double EQM promo and the bad publicity of the MD80 meltdown.
The chances of it happening again are slim to none.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I also would not expect an AADER type of promotion again unless another fiasco occurs again in 2009. However, AA may run selected market promotions for EQM such as the LGA/BOS double EQMs promotion that ran in the latter part of 2008. So keep close tabs to the MR forum.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
it's bAAck! DBEQM 3/18 - 6/15/09

AA has announced a special to double elite qualifying miles for flights booked and taken 18-Mar-09 through 15-Jun-09:

Earn Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles

this son-of-AADER, "DBEQM", is different in that it does not apply to travel already booked

more T's & C's:
  • only applies to paid tickets on AA metal (n/a to Awards, codeshares and other partner operated flights)
  • doesn't earn extra RDM, EQP, or segments
  • registration after travelling permitted so long as registered by Jun 15 '09
  • mileage posts 6-8 weeks after the offer ends

time to start searching for those low-CpEQM MR's, folks!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by benzguy80
AA has announced a special to double elite qualifying miles for flights booked and taken 18-Mar-09 through 15-Jun-09:

Earn Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles

this son-of-AADER, "DBEQM", is different in that it does not apply to travel already booked

more T's & C's:
  • only applies to paid tickets on AA metal (n/a to Awards, codeshares and other partner operated flights)
  • doesn't earn extra RDM, EQP, or segments
  • registration after travelling permitted so long as registered by Jun 15 '09
  • mileage posts 6-8 weeks after the offer ends

time to start searching for those low-CpEQM MR's, folks!
THANKS. But damn, I booked a FRA MR yesterday!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:31 am

yeah, anticipating this wasn't too different from how the pundits are doing with their predictions of the stock market
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
AA.com gives an error message when trying to register, I spoke with AAdvantage customer service for about 10 minutes. They are aware of the issue, again AA.com doesn't talk with AA customer service. A great CS Agent annotated my account and detailed that it was valid.

http://tinyurl.com/clhbnm I just created a TinyURL link to the AA page, in case you are talking with a CSR and they say they can't find it on the website...

Happy Flying!!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:13 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
THANKS. But damn, I booked a FRA MR yesterday!
I'm a UA guy but can't you cancel within 24h and book again tomorrow? Even if the price goes up I don't think it would double to make your effort moot.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by todorovic
I'm a UA guy but can't you cancel within 24h and book again tomorrow? Even if the price goes up I don't think it would double to make your effort moot.
I though about the same and yes thats indeed possible !
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
this is attractive

DFW/DAL-ORD-DME-ORD-DFW/DAL - $520.20 (most direct routing with very little waiting between flights).

you could go 4 weekends in april and (essentially) get EXP as well as 105,008 miles

11626 x 2 for plat/exp x 4 = 93008

dme09 = 4 x 3000 = 12000

is the buy 3 tickets online get 30% off still valid?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Sam - DFW
DFW/DAL-ORD-DME-ORD-DFW/DAL - $520.20 (most direct routing with very little waiting between flights).

you could go 4 weekends in april and (essentially) get EXP as well as 105,008 miles

11626 x 2 for plat/exp x 4 = 93008

dme09 = 4 x 3000 = 12000

is the buy 3 tickets online get 30% off still valid?
I guess you might as well enjoy economies of scale after going through the hassles of getting a visa. it's not worth it in my view unless you have people to see, things to do, etc.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze
AA.com gives an error message when trying to register, I spoke with AAdvantage customer service for about 10 minutes. They are aware of the issue, again AA.com doesn't talk with AA customer service. A great CS Agent annotated my account and detailed that it was valid.

http://tinyurl.com/clhbnm I just created a TinyURL link to the AA page, in case you are talking with a CSR and they say they can't find it on the website...

Happy Flying!!
the prevailing wisdom is you can't register until tomorrow (18-Mar)
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Page says "special offer coming soon"...no details posted.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by trojanman
Page says "special offer coming soon"...no details posted.
It was up earlier and now it is down. It will likely be back tomorrow when the promotion actually goes live.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by sbm12
It was up earlier and now it is down. It will likely be back tomorrow when the promotion actually goes live.
Registration will begin 3/18/09 so page will likely be refreshed by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.