Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

FRA MR quick return question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2008, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, AA EXP, CO Plat, BD*G, NW, DL, Priority Club, SPG & Marriott

I am planning a quick MR to FRA and I will be on the same plane for the return. DO I have to leave immigration upon arrival if I already have my outbound BPs? Also, what ST lounge I can use in FRA?

Thanks.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 5:06 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
No need to go through customs or immigration if you are arriving from non-EU country and going to another non-EU country. Which airline are you flying? You mentioned Skyteam so I assume you are flying NW or DL? You would arrive in Terminal 2 and there is a nice DL lounge there that has a shower.

Just be sure you don't follow the crowds to passport control and luggage claim. When I did a similar thing (actually just wanted a shower before exiting the FRA airport) I went up the stairs just before the passport control which led to the departure level, lounges, shops, etc.

John
Old Dec 6, 2008, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, AA EXP, CO Plat, BD*G, NW, DL, Priority Club, SPG & Marriott
Thanks for the info. I will be on CO EWR-FRA-EWR.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP-1MM
Consider the AC at FRA in your turn-around

If you are a member of the Admirals Club, they have an excellent AC in the terminal (but outside security). I used it today and it took me 10 minutes to go through security/passport control. It is well worth it!
Old Dec 7, 2008, 11:32 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by John Brock
If you are a member of the Admirals Club, they have an excellent AC in the terminal (but outside security). I used it today and it took me 10 minutes to go through security/passport control. It is well worth it!
Definitely. Do a search in the AA forum on it & you'll see tons of posts, o.k., including several of mine I think, that praise the FRA A/C as a mileage-run pitstop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.