Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(DEAL GONE) UA from US-EUR < $300 AI FEB & MAR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(DEAL GONE) UA from US-EUR < $300 AI FEB & MAR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2008, 9:14 am

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by mjcasta
I don't know what I am doing; but, when I paralell the information above; i.e. BWI-ORD-FRA-ORD-BWI 2/23-2/24. I get a message, on the itinerary page that the fare has "increased" and now $910 - Same thing ex: PIT "increased to $787.
same thing to me
Old Feb 2, 2008, 9:52 am

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by bk3day
1. Has anyone booked this ex-anywhere in March?

2. Just a general PL ?, Do they offer any cancel/refund option for purchased flights? I checked the FAQ which did not look promising but figured I'd ask in case I missed something,
Yes, those are questions I too would very much like to have the answers to, if anyone knows. Anything into March, and can one cancel/refund after PL purchase, maybe for first 24 hours?

Also, what if PL will only serve up a not so desirable initial US flight, can one get US to change the schedule, perhaps paying $50?
Old Feb 2, 2008, 10:11 am

Another nice option for WAS area folks in March:

IAD-FRA(UA)-IAD(UA)-PHL(US) $308 MARCH 11-19

Though ditching the last segment won't be looked too kindly upon and I guess could technically cost you the miles.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 11:34 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
After booking on PL, can seat assignments be made/modified on ua.bomb?
Old Feb 2, 2008, 11:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by hgdf
That is correct.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 11:41 am

Programs: DL,UA
Any dates from anywhere between mar 12-24

Been a long time since I have been here. Thank for the help I apprectiate it. Again any dates from anywhere between mar 14-24. Does not have to be those dates but that is when my kids are on spring break so I need it in that time frame.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 11:59 am

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Originally Posted by hgdf

Yup, did it for UA metal on the 2/16 run to FRA-FCO
Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cejak

Though ditching the last segment won't be looked too kindly upon and I guess could technically cost you the miles.
It won't go noticed unless the traveler foolishly calls attention to it, nor will it have any tangible consequence so long as the segment skipped is the last one. This would be especially true for those crediting the miles to UA's Mileage Plus program because the last segment isn't even operated by UA. In a worst case scenario, you can always concoct an excuse why you needed to miss the last segment -- a painful earache, for example, would be a good reason for "finishing up the trip" over land, rather than in a pressurized airplane cabin -- but I doubt anybody will need to get that far.

For those looking to make the most of this deal, I have seen several open jaw trips that result in fantastic airfares. For example, I priced out PHL-ORD-AMS-ORD-SAT, the latter being my hometown, for $263 all-in. To make that trip work, I would just need to add on a cost-effective one-way from SAT-PHL -- hello, WN! -- and won't even need to worry about skipping segments. So bear this in mind when you are hunting for a viable itinerary.

Regrettably, I must pass because my February is already chock full of travel with existing trips to Europe and Asia.

Last edited by SAT Lawyer; Feb 2, 2008 at 12:10 pm
Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BostonPaul
BOS-ORD-AMS-ORD-BOS

2/21-2/25

US on Segment #1
UA in Segments #2, #3, #4

$286.16 AI
Is your segment #1 a US/UA codeshare? Otherwise, I assume you have a stop in PHL/PIT in there, right?
Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:49 pm

Programs: NW-PE (ret.) DL-Diamond & 1M, Hertz #1, UA-1P
Originally Posted by rkaradi
Dang wish I could make this work from SFO the best I can get is mid 400 ish.
SFO-FRA over President's Day weekend for $334.
Update: tack on a day and the price drops to $293.
LAX-FRA same dates, $300 (4 left at this price).

Last edited by Desdinova; Feb 2, 2008 at 12:56 pm Reason: lower price
Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13
Is your segment #1 a US/UA codeshare? Otherwise, I assume you have a stop in PHL/PIT in there, right?
It was a codeshare flight (there are currently four options for segment #1 from BOS-ORD on UA metal - all codeshares)...the itinerary still prices out at $286 when using 2/21-2/25 dates BOS-ORD-AMS-ORD-BOS.

I wish I could make it work with my schedule...but no dice so I have to pass. Good luck though.

Last edited by BostonPaul; Feb 2, 2008 at 1:06 pm
Old Feb 2, 2008, 1:21 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
Maybe I am missing some part of this. Will this work for PDX? I keep trying dates and getting upper $600s. I guess I could train up to SEA, but that is a long train ride.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by cejak

Thanks cejak ^ (LH-metal [A340] available too, but with a nasty airport change in NYC - IAD-LGA-(JFK)-FRA-IAD-PHL).
Old Feb 2, 2008, 2:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite SPG Gold
Last night I had DTW-ORD-FRA-AMS-ORD-DTW from 2/28 to 3/4 for $221 but after entering all the info and clicking on purchase it brought me back to the page to select a flight saying something about they could not get the airline to accept my reservation. I haven't been able to come up with anything close since. The same trip is now over $600. I have tried other dates and destinations but I have other plans so the dates I can travel with this are limited.

It will price out for $221 for 2/27 to 3/4 but that doesn't work for me.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
aight, after much searching I am gonna use this fare to visit relatives in Poland and requalify for my BD Gold

Will book BUF-IAD-FRA/MUC-IAD-BUF on 3/5-3/12. (All UA metal to make sure it gets 100% with BD)

Tag on a $110 LH ticket to KTW, and it makes it the cheapest price to Poland ever for me, thanks FT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.