FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   (FARE GONE) EWR-YYZ-SCL-EZE-MEX OW in C class at $673 ?? on AC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/772059-fare-gone-ewr-yyz-scl-eze-mex-ow-c-class-673-ac.html)

gary_nj Dec 27, 2007 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Nado (Post 8963191)
Got ORD-SFO-OGG-LAX-YYZ-SCL-EZE-SCL-MEX on UA, AC and LAN. $503 ai.

Originally Posted by @ORD (Post 8963285)
I booked similar one, with less segments. I couldn't figure out how to book more than 5 segments in expedia.com. Care to enlighten those of us who are curious?

I don't know how that particular itinerary was booked (and xp is sometimes very difficult to work with when you are trying to book specific segments), but the general rule is to leave out the "natural" connecting points.

In the above example, a search for ORD-OGG would likely come up with connections through SFO, since it is kind of a natural connection point. Similarly, OGG-YYZ would probably display connections through LAX. This can let you book more than five segments even though xp only allows five city choices.

gary_nj Dec 27, 2007 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by jef7 (Post 8963330)
For those with AM segments on their itineraries, did anyone successfully reserve a seat after purchase? It is the only segment in my itinerary with no seat assignment.

I didn't get a seat assignment on AM (or on LX). Segments on AC and UA worked fine.

Nado Dec 27, 2007 8:27 pm

dupe....

jef7 Dec 27, 2007 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by gary_nj (Post 8963366)
I didn't get a seat assignment on AM (or on LX). Segments on AC and UA worked fine.

Thanks for the confirmation. I've not flown much of Skyteam carriers let alone AM, so not quite sure how some of their sytems work. :)

It's amazing to see some of the more elaborate routings obtained for this deal! My choice however was more inclined towards comfortable/ample connection time, just enough for lounge hopping ;). This has certainly been one of the more interesting fares to explore ^

@ORD Dec 27, 2007 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by gary_nj (Post 8963359)
I don't know how that particular itinerary was booked (and xp is sometimes very difficult to work with when you are trying to book specific segments), but the general rule is to leave out the "natural" connecting points.

In the above example, a search for ORD-OGG would likely come up with connections through SFO, since it is kind of a natural connection point. Similarly, OGG-YYZ would probably display connections through LAX. This can let you book more than five segments even though xp only allows five city choices.

Makes sense. Thanks!!

So there is no way to squeeze "unlimited" (relatively speaking of course) number of segments in those booking tools that are publicly available.

It is going to be an interesting trip. I can't wait.

Thanks again.

GUWonder Dec 27, 2007 10:38 pm

Any more recent luck booking this, and if so still on ITA, expedia.ca or somewhere else?

trooper Dec 27, 2007 10:47 pm

Tried plugging in the dates/times of my booked fare.... nada... wouldn't even return a result.

Not going to say it's gone (;)) but I can't seem to make it work now....

I'll try again shortly......:eek:

Can we organise some sort of "Who & when" thread for these flights? I'll be travelling solo and would enjoy meeting up with an FT'er.... (have only met one so far)

Not going till 23/24 Jun however....

onlysuites Dec 27, 2007 11:18 pm

I knew them few days away from FT would cost me dearly! Can anyone point me in the right direction if this is still ticketable? PM me pls. ^

rankourabu Dec 27, 2007 11:29 pm

dang it, missed this one, because ironcially I was on my way down to NZ on the AKL C deal :D

bschaff1 Dec 27, 2007 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 8963979)
dang it, missed this one, because ironcially I was on my way down to NZ on the AKL C deal :D

Ah, I had to cancel my NZ deal in 4 days because I simply couldn't be away from work. Now my $1400 in savings from cancelling has gone into 3 trips. Have a great time in NZ though.

ControlTower Dec 28, 2007 1:11 am

This could be used as Skyteam MR

Available only with YYZ connection.

Otherwise it is Gone.

trooper Dec 28, 2007 2:16 am

With this one.. and with more general good advice received here on FT I have ended up with a trip in 08 that I still can hardly believe "worked out"....:D (Being a newbie an'all)

SYD-AKL-HKG-BKK-ICN-YVR-DEN-CEZ // ABQ-PHX-ORD-YVR-YYZ-GRU-EZE-MEX-PHX-ABQ-LAX-NAN-AKL-SYD

Bold for "paid C", italics for FFP U/G requests....

REALLY looking forward to it.... It may be nothing special hereabouts but it's special to me!

(Trouble is it is almost certainly going to be habit forming!)

A long (and largely OT) way of once more saying THANKYOU! to the OP...^

Fims Dec 28, 2007 2:41 am

[KVS Availability Tool 3.0.2/Platinum - WSpan: CHI-MEX/AC/C/401 USD]
Code:

CHIMEX-AC 29DEC07      *RULE DISPLAY*    TARIFF 0005 RULE 7000
* ADD APPLICABLE TAX * FED INSP FEES *

FARE BASIS              USD      NUC              PTC  FT  GI
C                    399.00    399.00              ADT  NL  WH

ROUTING  208 FROM-TO  CHI-YMQ-YTO-MEX*
FROM-TO  CHI-YTO-YMQ-MEX*

It is dead for now. Confirmed.

Bon voyage for all that got the tickets!

margarita girl Dec 28, 2007 7:12 am

Travel documents required

Now that the dust seems to be settling on this deal, exactly what travel documents will be required for a quick stop in Chile and Brasil? Also, does anyone know for sure what taxes will be levied. I'm particularly interested as to what applies to Canadians. (I know a passport/birth certificate will suffice for Mexico.)

TIA.

canadianpilgrim Dec 28, 2007 7:13 am

Wow! This can be addictive. I remember reading early in my MR learning curve (last month:D) that these deals follow a predictable pattern. The Newbies are asking how to book this and if layovers are allowed and if they can get the right dates, whereas the veterans just book it and sort out everything later. You know the door is going to close. I partially took the advice. Once someone discovered HNL was in play, it was too good to pass. However, this deal was in play for almost 24 hours on FT. I had to nail something down. It's sad when I realize there was availability basically every Canadian long weekend and I was trying to get the "perfect" *A MR, when I should have been booking everything and just sort it out later by joining 1World. That lesson was driven home to me. This time, too, we all know we were lucky this came up over the holidays. If this came up when AC was staffed normally, there's no way this would have lasted half as long as it did.

Too bad I was at work. I should have stayed home and booked these one after the other. SATflyer lead the way.