Wiki Posts
Search

Maximising mileage

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2007, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt
Maximising mileage

Hello all! Haven't posted on this forum before, but I'm thinking this is my best bet. I'm not quite ready to take the plunge and go on a MR for miles-alone sake, but I'm getting closer! I'm thinking that an intermediate step as I work up there is to try to maximise the miles on an already-planned trip. I'm wondering if someone could help me add legs here and there to a trip that I'm trying to construct. If this is the wrong place (for instance, if only pure MR discussions are allowed here) then please just graciously tell me so and I won't make the same mistake twice! I'm an AA/OW flyer. Here's my base trip:

NYC-EBB June 8th
EBB-LAX June 30th

Entebbe is the airport closest to Kampala, Uganda.

The base fare just plugging those two city pairs into aa.com is $1675+. I'd prefer not to increase that very much unless there was a significant benefit. Here's what I've got so far:

LGA-STL (June 8th)
STL-ORD (June 8th)
ORD-BRU (June 8th)
BRU-NBO-EBB (June 9th)
EBB-BRU (June 30th)
BRU-JFK (July 1st)
JFK-MIA (July 1st)
MIA-LAX (July 1st)

Giving me 20400± EQMs for the same base fare.

I'll also be taking a one-way (because it's cheapest to do it that way) LAX-NYC on June 4th, if that helps anyone's calculations. That would add $169 to the base fare.

Thanks so much for any help (or gentle rebuke) in advance!

Adam

EDIT:
OK, well I'm guessing by a lack of response that 1) I misposted this, 2) it's not that interesting a question, or 3) maybe I've already maximised. Thanks anyway!

Last edited by Ajohn; Dec 14, 2007 at 6:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.