Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need help with MR out of DFW/DAL on NW/DL/CO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Silver, HHonors Gold

Hello All,
Just moved to DFW/DAL area, and I need 20,000 EQM to hit Gold on NW. I am not sure of MR options out of TX, unlike TN where I used to live before, and hit Silver out of TN. So, any help will be appreciated. I am willing to take red-eye's, open to travel on weekends, and prefer same-day turnarounds if possible. Budget is about $200 per trip.
Thanks,
WL
Old Nov 15, 2007, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL Silver, CO Silver, AA, Wyndham ByRequest
Originally Posted by wlonghorn
Hello All,
Just moved to DFW/DAL area, and I need 20,000 EQM to hit Gold on NW. I am not sure of MR options out of TX, unlike TN where I used to live before, and hit Silver out of TN. So, any help will be appreciated. I am willing to take red-eye's, open to travel on weekends, and prefer same-day turnarounds if possible. Budget is about $200 per trip.
Thanks,
WL
How many $200 trips are you able to make? Because you're going to need more than a few.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Smailtronic
How many $200 trips are you able to make? Because you're going to need more than a few.
Probably 5 or so.....
Old Nov 15, 2007, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL Silver, CO Silver, AA, Wyndham ByRequest
Ok, the big issue is time. Once mid December hits, rates go through the roof. Rather than go for domestic craziness, I'd look overseas.

Orbitz is showing bookable:
Dec 1-2 CO, DFW-EWR-FRA-EWR-DFW for $580
Dec 7-9 NW, DFW-DTW-FRA-DTW-DFW for $505

If the CO flights post full eqm, that will put you at 20,777 for $1085

If not, you can make the first weekend run on NW for about $100 more

EDIT: There's now a same day turn, Nov 7-8, DFW-FRA on NW for $512. Wasn't there last night when I posted.

Last edited by Smailtronic; Nov 16, 2007 at 9:45 am Reason: Next day change
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks

Thanks for your help Smailtronic. I booked one trip, had schedule conflicts on other days.

Originally Posted by Smailtronic
Ok, the big issue is time. Once mid December hits, rates go through the roof. Rather than go for domestic craziness, I'd look overseas.

Orbitz is showing bookable:
Dec 1-2 CO, DFW-EWR-FRA-EWR-DFW for $580
Dec 7-9 NW, DFW-DTW-FRA-DTW-DFW for $505

If the CO flights post full eqm, that will put you at 20,777 for $1085

If not, you can make the first weekend run on NW for about $100 more

EDIT: There's now a same day turn, Nov 7-8, DFW-FRA on NW for $512. Wasn't there last night when I posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.