Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

First Timer - Need Help for End of Year MR (details inside)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Timer - Need Help for End of Year MR (details inside)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines, Marriott, Starwood
Red face First Timer - Need Help for End of Year MR (details inside)

Hello All,

I travel for a living, almost exclusively on AA. Making platinum is easy for me, however making the jump to Exec Plat is quite a challenge, but I hear worth the trouble. Until recently I didn't even know these fourms existed and that there was an actual "unoffical group/club" of Mileage runners out there. I've read through the stickies and looked at the tools, but I must admit I am still very over whlelmed and can't seem to get this worked out. I was hoping that by posting here you guys could help me achieve my goal as well as prepare me for doing this on my own going forward.

So here are the facts:

Airline: American
Current Status: Platinum
Current YTD Miles: 86,500 Miles
Miles Needed by Year End: 13,500
Home Airport: DFW
Dates available for travel: Anytime Nov 17- Nov 23rd, Dec 7-9, or Dec 15-31
Destination Preference: None

That being said can someone help me plan this? I don't think this one should be "that hard" since I already have such a large mile base and several wide open travel date options. Last of all I'm based out of DFW so there's endless options with AA.

I would be very greatful if someone could take a few minutes and lay out a few options as well as explain to me how you did it since next year I'm sure I will have the same problem.

Thanks a ton!
Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL Silver, CO Silver, AA, Wyndham ByRequest
Since you're looking for a sizeable chunk of miles, Tatl or Tpac flights will be your easiest option. In fact, a r/t from DFW-NRT would put you just a few miles shy of your goal. Add in a cheap little trip or two like DFW-AUS and you'll be all set.

Currently, there are lots of good fares to Germany, but a r/t would only put you two-thirds of the way to your goal.

The getaway maps at farecompare.com will help you get a rough idea of the cheapest places to travel from your home airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.