Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

NYC HKG SIN NYC - Best deal in C on Skyteam?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2007, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

I am trying to organize a trip in C on SkyTeam metal in Apr 2008. My dates are not flexible, but it is a leisure trip, 2 passengers, so I want to minimize the cost.

I started a thread in Skyteam but it got few responses, so I'll update it here.

Here is the best I could find so far.

CO - EWR - HKG - Apr 19 - direct flight, arrive Apr 22, fare USD 650 each in coach (T), request upgrade with 2 x 25,000 Onepass miles (we may end up in coach [no upgrade availability for now on KVS] but we'll get the emergency exit seats since I am Platinum). I only have 50,000 Onepass miles.

SQ or Cathay (no Skyteam direct flight, I won't fly 10 hrs with KE instead of 3 just for the miles) HKG - SIN Apr 22, fare about USD 200 each in coach (for 3 hours it's OK).

KE - SIN-ICN-JFK - Apr 26 arrive Apr 27, USD 2,750 each in C. On the way back C is a must since we'll go to work the next day.

Total cost: about USD 4,000 each if I can get all fares combined on 1 ticket, I guess, adding taxes.

What do you think? Would there be a better option, with more C class flights guaranteed or costing less. $4,000 each total is a lot already, I would love to do that trip for about $3,000 (I found that, but not on Skyteam and with horrible connections, Air Alaska via SEA to YVR, Oasis to HKG, JetStar to SIN, and return backwards). The time constraints: leave NYC on 4/18 after 6PM or on Apr 19, arrive back in NYC on Apr 27 before midnight!

CZ (China Southern) does not look like a great option, connect in LA and Guangzhou and no low C fares.

I also thought of buying a Y class EWR-HKG and SIN-NYC with CO, and upgrade for 12,500 miles per trip, but it's not cheaper (abouts USD 5k per ticket, plus 4x12,500 miles). And I am not sure to get the upgrade!

Thanks for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.