Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the odds?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I'm making a MR SFO-DFW. My flight is carrying the crew which is coming back on my return flight, normally a 55 min turn-around, but today we pushed back 45 minutes late.

Do you think I will make the return flight (different plane) or not?
Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As of now I think you have a good chance. Keep in mind the airlines pad the schedules pretty heavily sometimes, so you can easily make up 15 minutes. Assuming the crew stays the same and they don't put reserves aboard or a different crew then you should certainly be safe.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
Epilogue to the story was a happy ending.

I would think that flying with the crew that you're coming back from your MR with is the very next best thing to flying the actual plane which will turn around and come back (with you on it).

However, this was AA into DFW, and if there is one airport where an aAirline might have a reserve crew available, that would be one. The crew told me that they won't even know till they land whether AA would delay the DFW-SFO flight because of them, or whether they would use a reserve crew and have this crew deadhead back to SFO.

We finally took off an hour after original pushback time, got to the gate 45 minutes late (10 minutes before the scheduled flight back), but my BB told me after we touched down that the return was delayed 20 minutes. Yay!

Of course it took a little longer, but still, my first totally MR (previous ones were excuses for trips to get miles, this one was my very first genuine get on the plane in the AM, fly somewhere, immediately fly back). It was fun! It got me that extra 25K in the AA fly two get one free, and it put me in position to make PLT this year, as long as I get one more transcon on them in December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.