Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Can Anyone Think of Better Routing on UA for MR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2007, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Hey, folks,

I'm trying to route an MR from SFO to TPA to net 7,500 EQM departing December 4th at night and returning December 5th . . . Thus far, I've come up with this routing for $244 AI, that nets 7343 EQM:

SFO-SEA-IAD-CLT-TPA-CLT-ORD-LAX-OAK

Can anyone think of anything better/more profitable in terms of miles? I've picked up four $100 ecerts on eBay, and want to try to complete two 7,500 mile runs before the year is over to obtain Premier Executive status. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 5:35 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by PanHam
Hey, folks,

I'm trying to route an MR from SFO to TPA to net 7,500 EQM departing December 4th at night and returning December 5th . . . Thus far, I've come up with this routing for $244 AI, that nets 7343 EQM:

SFO-SEA-IAD-CLT-TPA-CLT-ORD-LAX-OAK

Can anyone think of anything better/more profitable in terms of miles? I've picked up four $100 ecerts on eBay, and want to try to complete two 7,500 mile runs before the year is over to obtain Premier Executive status. Any assistance would be appreciated.
That's a pretty nice routing - good job! My one caveat is that I'm guessing the CLT-TPA-CLT flights are on a US codeshare. The website won't allow you to use the e-certs on most US codeshares (the certs strictly say on *all* US codeshares, but I have found that to not always be the actual case). If you have to knock out the CLT connections, you lose about 300 miles, but that still isn't bad. I don't know how the mileage/fare checks out, but you could also consider SFO/OAK-LAX-JFK-IAD-TPA.

Also, don't forget that you can buy that fare as 2 oneways, and use a cert in each (or either) direction (I'm guessing that you already know this, since you have 4 certs).
Old Nov 12, 2007, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mechteach
My one caveat is that I'm guessing the CLT-TPA-CLT flights are on a US codeshare.
Hmm, I did not know this - thanks for the tip.

I'm going to try to purchase the fare as a one way . . . we shall see . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.