Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need one MR to make Gold with AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2007, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton

Looking for a quick mileage run (only need 800 EQP...so 2 segments) on 11/3 (preferable) or 11/4. I'm based out of DFW so finding a flight isn't the big issue. What I'm looking for is the shortest turnaround between flights so I can get back home in time for some college football watching (since I'm not going to Waco to watch Texas Tech destroy Baylor) from home for once. I don't mind leaving at 6AM...just looking for the earliest possible return to DFW.

To keep rambling...I don't think there is anything out there where I could leave DFW after 6:30ish on 11/2 (Friday) and still come back that night...but that would also be an option.

Not overly concerned with where I go...just want to get Gold status so I can request some 500-mile upgrades for an important trip in December. I hope this is enough info...let me know if I need to post anything else.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 9:57 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
look at dfw/dal-aus/iah/lit etc. good luck.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
think you can do DAL-AUS-DAL 6:25 and beback at DAL by 8:40
Old Oct 8, 2007, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

oops...I totally forgot to check DAL instead. I only think of them for SWA. DAL is much easier for to get to/from home/work so I'll do one of those...I could do that any day after work really. Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2007, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
And sorry to hear you are a Baylor fan as well... same with me.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by atxtraveler
And sorry to hear you are a Baylor fan as well... same with me.
sorry to burst your bubble...but I'm a TT guy.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Random thought....I have my MR run coming up tonight...do I have to actually board the plane or can I simply have both of my boarding passes scanned to earn the credit? Just wondering at what point I would get credit for the flight.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:19 pm

yes, board the plane. if you are at the airport and scan the BP and dont get on the plane it will cause security problems and they will realize youre not on which means no credit....
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Originally Posted by mctrees02
Random thought....I have my MR run coming up tonight...do I have to actually board the plane or can I simply have both of my boarding passes scanned to earn the credit? Just wondering at what point I would get credit for the flight.
You must be really sick of flying if you're thinking like that Have a couple drinks before you board the plane and that short flight will be over sooner that you know.
Congrats on you gold status.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by badjuju
You must be really sick of flying if you're thinking like that Have a couple drinks before you board the plane and that short flight will be over sooner that you know.
Congrats on you gold status.
I never thought I would reach that point...but after travelling every weekend since late August...and a few midweek trips for work...it gets tiring. The nice thing is I met the Gold challenge and earned a few flights on WN as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.