Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:43 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by idealflyer
Also, is it better to qualify for elite status in Jan or Dec for SkyTeam? I figure either way would qualify me through Feb 2008 correct?
If you qualify for elite status in January (25,000 eqm's or greater) you will have status for 2007, 2008 and Feb 2009.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
One of my original tickets was for travel YYZ-FCO but I had to cancel. I can keep it for future date however when is the next YYZ-FCO scheduled? I have tried random dates and everything shows YYZ-FCO via MXP. Anyone know when it will change?

Also, is it better to qualify for elite status in Jan or Dec for SkyTeam? I figure either way would qualify me through Feb 2008 correct?
With the US airline programs, it's better to start and finish in January with status qualification/re-qualification.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 3:08 pm
aly

Talking hee haw...a la Dukes o hazzard..!! (sp)

Originally Posted by GUWonder
With the US airline programs, it's better to start and finish in January with status qualification/re-qualification.
This is the only reason i am doing 4 MSP-Bristol via AMS in january.., ^

thanks again to FT et al for your advice..!!
Old Nov 3, 2006, 3:27 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
I can understand the US programs, but I always thought KLM would be different somehow. So regardless if I choose NW or KL to earn miles on, it would be better to wait until January to do these, in order to get status through 02/09, correct?
Old Nov 3, 2006, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I can understand the US programs, but I always thought KLM would be different somehow. So regardless if I choose NW or KL to earn miles on, it would be better to wait until January to do these, in order to get status through 02/09, correct?
I too am curious if AF/KL, unlike the US programs, uses a rolling-calendar method of determining status and elite status membership period.

Unless you've moved a NW or KL account between the US and Europe (or vice versa), you could still qualify with NW and then move the account to Europe to get the whole account converted into FlyingBlue, right?
Old Nov 3, 2006, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I too am curious if AF/KL, unlike the US programs, uses a rolling-calendar method of determining status and elite status membership period.
Definitely calendar year. Was so under Flying Dutchman and continues to be so under Flying Blue.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 4:50 pm
aly

wow...

...., you could still qualify with NW and then move the account to Europe to get the whole account converted into FlyingBlue, right?
If i understand this correctly i can attain plat stat on nwa and then "move" the acct to europe and have plat stat on FB..?

What are the pros n cons of doing this..?
Old Nov 3, 2006, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
So maybe I'm slightly mentally impaired, but I'm trying to figure out if I'll make elite status on DL with the following itin:

YYZ-MXP AZ D
MXP-LCA AZ D (Codeshare)
LCA-MXP AZ D (Codeshare)
MXP-FCO AZ D
FCO-MXP AZ Y
MXP-YYZ AZ D

I currently have 4002 MQM. Will I make it?

Thanks,

Pete
Old Nov 3, 2006, 5:51 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by Peatisback
So maybe I'm slightly mentally impaired, but I'm trying to figure out if I'll make elite status on DL with the following itin:
Total MQM

YYZ-MXP AZ D 6179
MXP-LCA AZ D 1863 (Codeshare)
LCA-MXP AZ D 1863 (Codeshare)
MXP-FCO AZ D 750
FCO-MXP AZ Y 750
MXP-YYZ AZ D 6179

Total: 17,584

Grand Total 21,586

Looks like you'll fall about 3500 miles short From what I understand the codeshare flights arn't suppost to post but they have been with Delta. In particular the Italy to LCA flights post automatically but the return flight will not post automatically so you have to mail/fax in your ticket receipt and boarding pass.

I just faxed in my ticket receipt today to get LCA-FCO credited, can't find the boarding passes but the receipt only shows the AZ flight numbers so I'm happy, hopefully it's not a problem.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club

YYZ-MXP AZ D
MXP-LCA AZ D (Codeshare)
LCA-MXP AZ D (Codeshare)
MXP-FCO AZ D
FCO-MXP AZ Y
MXP-YYZ AZ D

Thanks,

Pete
No.

(1) Delta doesn't give a 100% EQM bonus on paid business like AZ does.

(2) Technically you aren't entitled to DL miles for MXP-LCA-MXP operated by CY.. though DL has been known to credit those flights
Old Nov 4, 2006, 7:51 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Maybe I'll be able to get DL to match my AA status before I fly. It seems hit or miss as to whether they will simply match status or offer a challenge. Otherwise what is the best US airline to credit the miles to?
Old Nov 4, 2006, 9:06 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG - Lifetime Gold
Question 20 Hrs in MXP

This is my first time in MXP. Are there any must see sites?
Old Nov 4, 2006, 10:10 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Hotel Promotion in Rome & Milano

Just in case someone is travelling to Rome or Milano in the next weeks and has not decided where to sleep.

Sol Melia is currently running their 50th Anniversary Special Promotion which allows you to book rooms for just 60,-- € per night.

Be aware that the Melia Roma Aurelia Antica is a few kilometers outside of Rome, so i recommend renting a rental car (SIXTI for 5,-- € including 100km a day is fine) to get there. Once at the hotel you can take their shuttle bus to the City or use your car to get to the next Metro station (approx. 5km).

The Melia Milano is located just 4 metro stops away from the city center, so going there using the Malpensa Express is fine.

Sol Melia Promotion

Promo is valid for nights until 15th Jan. 2007 and ends Tuesday, 7th November.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by daffydevil
This is my first time in MXP. Are there any must see sites?
Definitely see the Duomo (it's covered with scaffolding so be sure to go inside), The Galleria and La Scala. If you have time you could also see da Vinci's "the last supper" at the Convernt of Santa Maria delle Grazie. If you take the bus into town you will stop at the central station which is also impressive.

have fun, dan
Old Nov 4, 2006, 2:15 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Do folks have tickets well into next year on this? It just feels like it has been around for a loooooooog time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.