Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:43 am
TP

Programs: US PP;CO Plat
Originally Posted by MACH81
Would you please share details?was it in Italy or in YYZ?thanks
It was in an italian airport. After my YYZ-MXP flight I had a tight connection and I couldn't do it in the MXP lounge as others have reported.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:37 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Originally Posted by ohioflyer
Talked to Nicolo on 4 October, the day before my departure, and everything was fine at that time. He did request no emails early in this process, but has always been excellent at returning calls.
I know he requested no emails for changes. We talked on September 11 when he rerouted me LCA-MXP via FCO. My subsequent emails were a simple request to contact Orbitz. He has responded quickly, as you mentioned. It's unusual that he hasn't in any of these simple contact attempts.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 12:45 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by highflyer88
If we were to be confirmed in economy for the YYZ-MXP segment because there were no 'D' seats available at the time that we change our ticket, would we be able to standby for business class at the time of check-in or at the gate? I tried using the search feature, but it doesn't seem to work. Thanks.
I tried on both FCO-LCA and LCA-MXP this past week with no luck. Since the flight is on CY and ticket is on AZ stock, unless the ticket is changed to C class PRIOR to travel by AZ, the CY staff can't reissue ticket or offer standby upgrades.

BTW, CY C class is one of those 'domestic' configured with 3 seats across, just abit more legroom than coach and a passable meal service. Not worth the fight!!
Old Oct 18, 2006, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Update...

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
I am about to pull this stunt in about 3 days... already finished my LCA segment, and my holiday is at it's end; next step is flying for the sake of miles (boy that sounds familiar)

I'll post what the result real time if I get a chance.

P.S. I hope to have the same luck as YVRCockroach
Well guys, I am currently sitting at the AC lounge in YYZ (satellite terminal). Like everyone else said, the MXP lounge is nothing really. I'm now beginning the 2nd portion of my quasi-back to back flights.

We departed 30 minutes behind schedule at MXP, due to a medical emergency. They had to wheel a pax off the aircraft, and then go through and dig up her luggage. I originally thought everything would go through without a hitch (ultimately worked out fine, but just goes to show anything can happen). As a result of removing her checked luggage, all the Priority luggage came out with the normal bags, so a little more delay there.

A note about timing: we landed at YYZ around 1:50 PM, and I was the first few off the plane, onto the bus, waiting to get to immigration. When we got there, it was wide open, so I was the first one through. The entire process from aircraft disembark to customs was approximately 30 minutes. The most amount of time was taken on the bus.

From there, luggage was another 20 minutes, so I would say 1 hour for a "smooth" transition with luggage. Carryon only will cut that to about half an hour if you are lucky and there is no one at the immigration counters. I think the AZ 652 flight arrives around a lull time, so that helps.

Also, for those thinking of doing left luggage in YYZ, there is a left luggage by the Immigration entry point past the A checkin aisles, 6 CAD/day for medium luggage (32"). I had a month long trek through Europe on the first portion of my back to back, and only 4 days for the 2nd, so it was worth the 25 CAD to just take a couple of backpacks for me.

Hope this info helps. I am going to attempt to drop the LCA segment next... however I may not have success, since I have to route MXP-FCO-LCA, and my MXP-FCO segment is in Y, so I don't see how to get access to the Boticelli/MXP lounge to have them drop it. I'll give it a shot.

Hope everyone else has smooth flight.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 2:27 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have to route MXP-FCO-LCA, and my MXP-FCO segment is in Y, so I don't see how to get access to the Boticelli/MXP lounge to have them drop it. I'll give it a shot.
If your FCO-LCA segment is in C, then you should be able to access the AZ lounge at MXP (as well as at FCO), based on the fact that you have a same-day C-class flight...
Old Oct 18, 2006, 4:22 pm

Programs: big pimpin'
Originally Posted by beaubo
I tried on both FCO-LCA and LCA-MXP this past week with no luck. Since the flight is on CY and ticket is on AZ stock, unless the ticket is changed to C class PRIOR to travel by AZ, the CY staff can't reissue ticket or offer standby upgrades.

BTW, CY C class is one of those 'domestic' configured with 3 seats across, just abit more legroom than coach and a passable meal service. Not worth the fight!!
the poster was originally asking about d in alitalia (yyz-mxp), not c in cyprus.

If we were to be confirmed in economy for the YYZ-MXP segment because there were no 'D' seats available at the time that we change our ticket, would we be able to standby for business class at the time of check-in or at the gate? I tried using the search feature, but it doesn't seem to work. Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 8:07 am

Seat assignment question

I called Alitalia recently to get seat assignments for our upcoming trip. They were able to give us seat assignments for the YYZ-MXP and MXP-YYZ trips, but nothing else (not even our MXP-FCO trip on AZ). Is it possible to get seat assignments for the rest of the flights prior to our trip or do we just need to wait until we get to YYZ?
Old Oct 19, 2006, 8:51 am
PJK

Programs: KL/AF FB Plat, Hilton Silver, La Quinta Gold
Originally Posted by Socaflyer
I called Alitalia recently to get seat assignments for our upcoming trip. They were able to give us seat assignments for the YYZ-MXP and MXP-YYZ trips, but nothing else (not even our MXP-FCO trip on AZ). Is it possible to get seat assignments for the rest of the flights prior to our trip or do we just need to wait until we get to YYZ?
Except for the longhaul flights, Alitalia does not assign seats further than 24 hours before the flight.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 9:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by PJK
Except for the longhaul flights, Alitalia does not assign seats further than 24 hours before the flight.
Alitalia will also assign seats in advance -- in Y --on FCO-LIN, based on my personal experience.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:24 am

well, since no one else is responding, i figure i would give my (wholly-unqualified) opinion.

i would think you would be able to standby at the gate...however, the chance of you getting upgraded would be slim. i would imagine you would be ahead of MilleMiglia elite upgrading in terms of priority.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by arfgoblue
well, since no one else is responding, i figure i would give my (wholly-unqualified) opinion.

i would think you would be able to standby at the gate...however, the chance of you getting upgraded would be slim. i would imagine you would be ahead of MilleMiglia elite upgrading in terms of priority.
I asked this specific question to Nicolo. He stated that once your ticket is reissued with Y, there are no changes allowed by the agents. However, an unsuspecting agent may still allow this.

As a follow up, I was able to successfully drop my LCA segment at the MXP Boticelli lounge. My segments were YYZ-MXP-FCO-LCA. Given the feedback of no-go's dropping at FCO, I tried my luck at MXP asking them to allow me to continue to FCO, but dropping LCA. The lounge agent was recommending I do this at FCO, but given what was mentioned above, I persuaded her to try and drop it while I was there.

She informed me I needed to confirm that my MXP-YYZ return was not in jeopardy, and to do so when I landed in FCO. I did so, but I am still a little apprehensive. I will know in a couple of days whether I just totally invalidated my tix.

Also, I was not as lucky with the aircraft; my MXP-YYZ was the old style, making my YYZ-MXP the same... can't complain too much though. The amenity kits they handed out, interestingly, were different. The MXP-YYZ was a cloth Bulgari kit, while the YYZ-MXP was the leather AZ kit.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 11:46 am

I asked this specific question to Nicolo. He stated that once your ticket is reissued with Y, there are no changes allowed by the agents. However, an unsuspecting agent may still allow this.

As a follow up, I was able to successfully drop my LCA segment at the MXP Boticelli lounge. My segments were YYZ-MXP-FCO-LCA. Given the feedback of no-go's dropping at FCO, I tried my luck at MXP asking them to allow me to continue to FCO, but dropping LCA. The lounge agent was recommending I do this at FCO, but given what was mentioned above, I persuaded her to try and drop it while I was there.

She informed me I needed to confirm that my MXP-YYZ return was not in jeopardy, and to do so when I landed in FCO. I did so, but I am still a little apprehensive. I will know in a couple of days whether I just totally invalidated my tix.

Also, I was not as lucky with the aircraft; my MXP-YYZ was the old style, making my YYZ-MXP the same... can't complain too much though. The amenity kits they handed out, interestingly, were different. The MXP-YYZ was a cloth Bulgari kit, while the YYZ-MXP was the leather AZ kit.

yeah...let us know after your return whether your MXP-YYZ was compormised by the dropping of the ex-LCA segments.

what was in the Bvlgari and AZ kits out of curiosity? thanks
Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:10 pm

btw, i was looking at ITA and Alitalia's site to discern D availability...even on days i know there are seats, both sources only show coach seats. anyone know of any other tool to check for business-class inventory? thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by arfgoblue
btw, i was looking at ITA and Alitalia's site to discern D availability...even on days i know there are seats, both sources only show coach seats. anyone know of any other tool to check for business-class inventory? thanks!
http://www.tandt.com/online_reservation.asp

Signup for an account, then change mode to "Expert" on the settings page. I also couldn't find D avail on ITA, but TandT definitely shows the D avail that Nicolo can see.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by mellowg
http://www.tandt.com/online_reservation.asp

Signup for an account, then change mode to "Expert" on the settings page. I also couldn't find D avail on ITA, but TandT definitely shows the D avail that Nicolo can see.
exactly what i was looking for, thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.