Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

How to specify the booking code on ITA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to specify the booking code on ITA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by txrandom
/alliance skyteam|star-alliance|oneworld

Choose one!
Yes, got that...but when I try to combine this with the booking code, I always get an error. Can you give me a combined code?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by igopogo
Yes, got that...but when I try to combine this with the booking code, I always get an error. Can you give me a combined code?
Ahh, I'm not sure how to do that...sorry. I'm curious now if it's possible.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:49 pm
Company Representative - ITA Software

Originally Posted by igopogo
Bah, I know I've done this before...but how do I combine this with the alliance tag?
Just separate the commands with a semicolon:

/ f bc=y; alliance oneworld
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by ITA Hacker
Just separate the commands with a semicolon:

/ f bc=y; alliance oneworld
Thank you, excellent!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
mixed class booking: advice

hi all: thanks for helpful tips; followed various suggestions/'formulas' on here but still having difficulties finding a mixed booking BCN-GRU on SQ in C; second sector GRU-EZE on JJ in Y
Use multi-city and enter:

From BCN :: sq+ / f bc=C|bc=D|bc=I|bc=R
To: GRU

From GRU :: jj+ / f bc=Y|bc=B|bc=M|bc=H|bc=Q|bc=X|bc=N|bc=V|bc=W
To: EZE

Result: 'no flights found' although when searching separately - flights are available (C on SQ and M on JJ) - any advice?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
It's possible that the 2 fares you are finding (the SQ and the JJ fares) are not combinable on one ticket. If they are, try:

From BCN :: sq+ / f bc=C|bc=D|bc=I|bc=R
To: GRU

From GRU :: JJ+
To: EZE

and select class as economy.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA - 1k, AA - Platinum, Marriott - Platinum, SPG - Gold,
Originally Posted by CalVol
This is a VERY helpful thread. Thanks^

CV
Outstanding.....know more now than ever before about ITA^
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:55 pm

I'm sure others have noticed but ITA software shows tickets that I cannot find anywhere else at discounted prices. Last Aug, purchased ticket PDX-LAX-GRU-FLN-GRU-IAD-PDX for a little over $2k. Today, I was looking at PDX-FLN and could not find anything less than $1300 with UA around $1800. Looked at ITA and found ticket for $1067. Haven't seen it that cheap in years. Gave it to a travel agent and voilla. Wondering if others have had the same experience??
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dcpdxtrans
I'm sure others have noticed but ITA software shows tickets that I cannot find anywhere else at discounted prices. Last Aug, purchased ticket PDX-LAX-GRU-FLN-GRU-IAD-PDX for a little over $2k. Today, I was looking at PDX-FLN and could not find anything less than $1300 with UA around $1800. Looked at ITA and found ticket for $1067. Haven't seen it that cheap in years. Gave it to a travel agent and voilla. Wondering if others have had the same experience??
I've used CheapAir.com to snag routings I've found on ITA before, especially if they're multi-airline.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by stdatwmu
I've used CheapAir.com to snag routings I've found on ITA before, especially if they're multi-airline.
Yeah, I've seen them come up with some decent results. Seems like their fare search engine does some pretty in-depth searches for some creative route/fare combinations.

Their downside appears to be the booking fee, but if it's the only site that will allow ticketing a particular fare combination, it's probably be worth it.

Not talked about a ton on FT, but this thread touches on it: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onlin...ine-sites.html
Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by JanoSicek
Another good shortcut is using negation
Instead of /f bc=X|bc=Y

if you wish just to EXCLUDE cheap booking classes, you can do this:

/f ~bc=W&~bc=V&~bc=N

and then you get no W,V,N in your results

Most used by me, as those classes earn me just 50%
I'm trying to do similar with Matrix-2

"/f ~bc=O" works to exclude O class but I want to exclude several.

/ f ~bc=O&~bc=N~&bc=Q&~bc=E
returns an error:

"The search failed with QPX Warning. Illegal faring spec: missing Boolean connective"

What is the correct syntax?

[edit]
I see this, but it really does not help:
Originally Posted by ITAGiRL
In response to TrayFlowInUK's question dated June 13, 2011, there is a way to complete the same types of inquiries using our advanced routing codes. The reason it did not work for him the first time is because the syntax has changed from that which the original user posted in 2004. To complete these types of searches, please use the following:

To constrain results to return YUP fares only
Using BOS as your Departing from point, enter the following syntax in the advanced routing code field "/ f ..yup" (without the quotes). Using LAX as your Destination point, enter the following syntax in the advanced routing code field "/ f ..yup" (without the quotes). Enter your preferred dates, times, number of travelers, etc. and hit search. Results should appear shortly.

To constrain results to return either YUP or F fares on any airline and between any points
Using BOS as your Departing from point, enter the following syntax in the advanced routing code field "/ f (.bos+lax.)|(..yup|..f)" (without the quotes). Using LAX as your Destination point, enter the following syntax in the advanced routing code field "/ f (.bos+lax.)|(..yup|..f)" (without the quotes). Enter your preferred dates, times, number of travelers, etc. and hit search. Results should appear shortly.
[/EDIT]

Last edited by serfty; Dec 20, 2011 at 10:07 pm
Old Dec 21, 2011, 4:28 am
Company Representative - ITA Software

Originally Posted by serfty
I'm trying to do similar with Matrix-2

"/f ~bc=O" works to exclude O class but I want to exclude several.

/ f ~bc=O&~bc=N~&bc=Q&~bc=E
returns an error:

"The search failed with QPX Warning. Illegal faring spec: missing Boolean connective"

What is the correct syntax?

[edit]
I see this, but it really does not help:
[/EDIT]
Looks like a simple typo, after the "N" you have the "~" and the "&" reversed. If you swap those two characters it works as desired.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Thanks for that. :doh: !!!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Trying to search for a Delta M fare--used just do DL+ f / bc=m on line two but now I get an error. Am I doing something wrong?

I so miss Matrix1.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Trying to search for a Delta M fare--used just do DL+ f / bc=m on line two but now I get an error. Am I doing something wrong?

I so miss Matrix1.
The forward slash belongs in front of the f

DL+ / f bc=m

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.