Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Run Tools, Part 2

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2004, 10:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Exclamation uhoh...

It seems that this link has been pulled.

Alas. Almost like the airlines are trying to make life harder for their potential customers. Freaks!

Expedia Airline Fare List U.K. version. This one allows you to search via a particular airline – which is useful if you need a specific booking class or need more complete routing rules as the lower fares don’t necessarily have all the rules listed because of space constraints. Use XE.com to convert currency if need be - however when you click on the Routing Rules, it should bring the fares up in US Dollars.
Old Jul 11, 2004, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
please provide the link for the the other site
Think that natty dread is referring to
http://travel.mobissimo.com/travel/search_airfare.php
Old Jul 12, 2004, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
It seems that this link has been pulled.
Agreed.

To recap what we're talking about: Expedia.co.uk used (until this past weekend) to offer an interface for searching all published fares on a given route (origin & destination) on a given carrier. Available data included booking code, price, and fare rules (routing, penalties, advance booking, ec.).

With the expedia.co.uk service gone, what to do? Expedia.com has substantially the same data but doesn't allow specification of a particular carrier. It only shows the top dozen or so results, and with many carriers publishing fares on most markets, this means Expedia.com is only useful for the absolute lowest fares. No good for finding YUPs, unrestricted medium fares, or other interesting gems.

Any other possibilities here? Other services?

What a pain! Who ever heard of an industry that won't tell you what products they're willing to sell!...
Old Jul 14, 2004, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by bedelman
Agreed.

What a pain! Who ever heard of an industry that won't tell you what products they're willing to sell!...
did this industry EVER make sence?
Old Jul 15, 2004, 3:10 pm

Programs: EXP
Sabre GDS training materials

Can anyone point me to 'free' sabre training materials ?
Old Jul 20, 2004, 7:03 pm

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Originally Posted by bedelman
\
To recap what we're talking about: Expedia.co.uk used (until this past weekend) to offer an interface for searching all published fares on a given route (origin & destination) on a given carrier. Available data included booking code, price, and fare rules (routing, penalties, advance booking, ec.).
\.
how about http://www.expedia.ca/pub/agent.dll?qscr=ftap
Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Great link, pixpixpix, I'll update the site - thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2004, 10:04 pm

Programs: MR PL, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-LIst, National EE
Does anyone have a copy of the mileage run primer, or know where else it can be found on the web? I tried clicking the link from the original post and received this message:

Failed Connection.

We're sorry. Your request failed to connect to our servers. We may be experiencing technical difficulties and suggest that you try again later.

I am trying to plan a few work-related mileage runs in the next few days and I have never done it before, so I would like to see how I get the best mileage bang for the boss' buck!

Thanks,
Stevekoe
Old Jul 29, 2004, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stevekoe
Does anyone have a copy of the mileage run primer, or know where else it can be found on the web? I tried clicking the link from the original post and received this message:

Failed Connection.

We're sorry. Your request failed to connect to our servers. We may be experiencing technical difficulties and suggest that you try again later.

I am trying to plan a few work-related mileage runs in the next few days and I have never done it before, so I would like to see how I get the best mileage bang for the boss' buck!

Thanks,
Stevekoe

Some days it appears to be up & somedays it appears to be down. The MR Primer didn't make the transformation, so the only usable copy seems to be an archived copy. If anyone has a copy (i.e they pay have copied & pasted into a printable file or something when it was still active), or if the links start working again & they'd be willing to copy & paste it into a word document or a new post, that'd be really helpful - I realize that it links to a lot of other things in the Primer, but if anyone's got the initiative to try to recreate the Primer (or even chapters of it), I'm sure that'd be appreciated by all.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Mileage Run Primer

The June 5, 2003 link isn't working - but I've got the February 28, 2003 link posted.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Added new content

Greetings All,

I've added some new content - Discounts - post #3 - hope they help you out a little.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

New Link

Added a link to a thread that goes over the basics of how to read routing rules - very basic.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

New Content Added - some new search engine sites

I've added content in the second post, above Mileage Run's Greatest for Qixo.com, Sidestep Hotels/Cars, & Fare Chaser based on an article in the WSJ. I don't know how useful these will prove to be for Mileage Runs directly, but they may help out. Qixo.com works similarly to Mobissimo from what I understand - searches multiple sites. I think it has a $20 booking fee though.

See the 2nd post for details.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

50% off La Quinta Inns

Added a 50% off code for La Quinta, courtesy of WN - thanks Viajero Joven!
Old Aug 28, 2004, 9:51 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
The expedia fare link site apparently doesn't work anymore? I get a 'we are upgrading our site to enhance your experience'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.