Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] MEL-KGL US$1074 Biz Class Round Trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2023, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

In Business Class with Thai Airways and Kenya Airways from Melbourne, Australia to Kigali, Ruanda.
Many dates available until June 2024.
Can be found on google flights and on my website (I am not allowed to post links as this is my first post)
Old Dec 9, 2023, 11:14 pm

Programs: Cheapest lie-flat available and credit card bestowed hotel elites now, long-time AA EXtraPotato then
Seems only available through shady OTAs.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerrychuang
Seems only available through shady OTAs.
Yes only OTA's, but shady?

Booking.com, Expedia.com, Cheapoair...

But possible to be an error fare
PES_B1 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 12:57 am

Where to book?

I see the published fare on expertflyer but did not manage to price it on Expedia or Google Flights even on days with availability of the lowest business class fare buckets
Old Dec 10, 2023, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Harko
I see the published fare on expertflyer but did not manage to price it on Expedia or Google Flights even on days with availability of the lowest business class fare buckets
I managed to get Expedia on MEL-KGL-MEL for May 8 and returning May 19. Prices out at ~AUD 1700 per adult (did not checkout though)
Old Dec 10, 2023, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by manodeep
I managed to get Expedia on MEL-KGL-MEL for May 8 and returning May 19. Prices out at ~AUD 1700 per adult (did not checkout though)
thanks I just priced it now too. But was hoping to build in stopovers, unlimited are allowed based on fare conditions. Need at least one on the way out in Nairobi, not sure I want to visit Rwanda.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 1:20 am

Programs: Qantas, Krisflyer and Virgin Australia
Great fare. A stopover in Bangkok or Nairobi would be the icing on the cake!
flybiz4less likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by mojorisin
Great fare. A stopover in Bangkok or Nairobi would be the icing on the cake!
I could not get it to price with true stopover so have 11 hours layover in Nairobi and hopefully I can check my luggage only up to Nairobi and leave there. Theoretically should be changeable without fees and with no fare difference after departure from origin but let’s see if it sticks in the first place.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 2:04 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by flybiz4less
Yes only OTA's, but shady?

Booking.com, Expedia.com, Cheapoair... But possible to be an error fare
I just booked directly with Kenya Website..... Same price
Old Dec 10, 2023, 2:23 am

Well, so nice of KQ to file a fare in I bucket the same as the cheapest economy fare, what a nice sale!
Sadly, KGL has the most insane gorilla trekking prices. May be worth crossing the border into Congo to do that. Tempted but honestly finding no way to book it with stopover though. Fare rules state unlimited stopovers.
But recently have heard a lot of actions taking place in this region, anyone who wishes to proceed there need to take the stability of eastern Congo and KGL as a whole into consideration.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 2:40 am

Programs: Qantas, Krisflyer and Virgin Australia
Originally Posted by Harko
I could not get it to price with true stopover so have 11 hours layover in Nairobi and hopefully I can check my luggage only up to Nairobi and leave there. Theoretically should be changeable without fees and with no fare difference after departure from origin but let’s see if it sticks in the first place.
I was able to add BKK as a stopover via Booking.com
Old Dec 10, 2023, 3:10 am

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Awesome fare. Thanks for posting!
Old Dec 10, 2023, 3:13 am

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Originally Posted by beyounged
Well, so nice of KQ to file a fare in I bucket the same as the cheapest economy fare, what a nice sale!
Sadly, KGL has the most insane gorilla trekking prices. May be worth crossing the border into Congo to do that. Tempted but honestly finding no way to book it with stopover though. Fare rules state unlimited stopovers.
But recently have heard a lot of actions taking place in this region, anyone who wishes to proceed there need to take the stability of eastern Congo and KGL as a whole into consideration.
Easy to cross the border into Uganda and do your gorilla trekking there for half the price of the Rwandan permit. Did it earlier this year.

Rwanda and Kigali especially are super safe. Congo is another story...
Old Dec 10, 2023, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by AJ747M
Easy to cross the border into Uganda and do your gorilla trekking there for half the price of the Rwandan permit. Did it earlier this year.

Rwanda and Kigali especially are super safe. Congo is another story...
I am unfamiliar with the region, but thought the conflict recently in eastern Congo is related to the Rwandan conflicts decades prior, so maybe it can spill over? Someone who knows more will definitely be able to provide a more thorough opinion on the safety of KGL of course.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 3:35 am

To Secret Flying staff - please be advised that you are absolute morons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.