Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Dub jfk $523 J on BA roundtrip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Dub jfk $523 J on BA roundtrip

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:33 am

The chances of BA honouring these? The people that have no regard for PR? The people that cancelled a £265 "error" fare of London to Tel Aviv for thousands of customers?

Let us wait and see
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
There is always one
Instead of a possibly snarky comment, would you mind explaining what I did wrong? I obviously didn't call up saying "I've seen an amazing error fare that I would like honoured please". I just asked for a price on my dates to see what they offered.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by thomasd21
Appreciate that BA has cancelled these error fare before, but having made my booking on BA.com, and having had it ticket, I don’t see how they can justify cancelling it (per their own conditions of carriage which govern the booking and I agreed to by booking). I get the sentiment that ‘it’s an error fare, don’t take the mick’ but if they hold people to account using their conditions of carriage, it’s only fair we do the same back.

Genuinely interested, has anyone got any idea of how they could cancel genuine bookings made on their own website / app that they have then ticketed? Anyone got any views? Maybe AnonBA.

The other ones they’ve cancelled seem to have been through OTAs rather than their own selling system.
Probably for the inevitable discussion thread, but BA have absolutely cancelled previous fares that they have deemed to be errors. Ones on 001 ticket stock didn't get cancelled.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:39 am

And you don't think that the person you spoke to, who spends their entire life giving prices for air fares, wouldn't notice that there was a mistake with the price?

To be fair, you probably saved a lot of people the hassle of booking and having their fares cancelled.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by OFlyer
Instead of a possibly snarky comment, would you mind explaining what I did wrong? I obviously didn't call up saying "I've seen an amazing error fare that I would like honoured please". I just asked for a price on my dates to see what they offered.
First rule of such fares is you DON'T CALL THE AIRLINE. PERIOD. Until the dust settles and the airline has acknowledged publicly that they will honor the fares. Selfishness like this is what ruins the fares for everybody else. But congratulations for benefiting.
frank_10b, N1120A, mrow and 14 others like this.

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Arghmeinaugen
The chances of BA honouring these? The people that have no regard for PR? The people that cancelled a £265 "error" fare of London to Tel Aviv for thousands of customers?

Let us wait and see
Appreciate BA have cancelled these flights previously, but do you know under which clause of their T&Cs (conditions of carriage) they did this under?

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
what do you think happens when they see a price that's multiple standard deviations lower than any other day? do they just go "oh I have a great fare for you that happens to be the cheapest in the history of this route, shall I book it for you my lord?"
OttoMH, Palmer, ermis177 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:41 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
BA has the duty of care to reimburse for non-refundable expenses in cases of a cancellation. Already purchased my non-refundable hotels .
N1120A and Bloxorus like this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:41 am

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
Yeah but it does ring a bell for the agent on the line.
When J pax are paying a lot, someone calls and she finds a dirt cheap tix in J. Things can move quickly.
I don't blame you for trying to get the deal yourself but refrain from doing so next time

Now, while it was true for years, algorithmic kicked in, when people are looking or buying a specific route at the same time.. it's a red flag..
frank_10b, skiaplg, Palmer and 4 others like this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by xfisgsm
BA has the duty of care to reimburse for non-refundable expenses in cases of a cancellation. Already purchased my non-refundable hotels .
Think this is the funniest thing I've ever read
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:45 am

Appreciate BA have cancelled these flights previously, but do you know under which clause of their T&Cs (conditions of carriage) they did this under?
It's the "We don't give a flying f*ck about our customers so we're gonna do what ever we want, if you don't like it, you can f*ck right off" Clause. I can't remember what article number it is in the T&Cs
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:49 am

And you don't think that the person you spoke to, who spends their entire life giving prices for air fares, wouldn't notice that there was a mistake with the price?

To be fair, you probably saved a lot of people the hassle of booking and having their fares cancelled.
Thankfully the convo didn't go beyond "we don't fly that route, you'll have to call another airline". They didn't even search anything for me, but yes I see your point.

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
First rule of such fares is you DON'T CALL THE AIRLINE. PERIOD. Until the dust settles and the airline has acknowledged publicly that they will honor the fares. Selfishness like this is what ruins the fares for everybody else. But congratulations for benefiting.
Thanks for informing me. I don't think its fair to call it selfishness though.

Originally Posted by W213Sal
what do you think happens when they see a price that's multiple standard deviations lower than any other day? do they just go "oh I have a great fare for you that happens to be the cheapest in the history of this route, shall I book it for you my lord?"
Yes, I see your point now.
the snark is unnecessary though. Hopefully it made you feel better.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:49 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
It’s a universal clause that stated with United and now all airlines are following it. It’s called Dr David Dao clause.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:50 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Think this is the funniest thing I've ever read
Nothing like suing the red coats in a state they don't even fly to. Will be fun and expensive for them to show up to court for me.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by milesaddict
Yeah but it does ring a bell for the agent on the line.
When J pax are paying a lot, someone calls and she finds a dirt cheap tix in J. Things can move quickly.
I don't blame you for trying to get the deal yourself but refrain from doing so next time

Now, while it was true for years, algorithmic kicked in, when people are looking or buying a specific route at the same time.. it's a red flag..
Yes I completely see the point now, thanks for explaining it to me. The conversation didn't really go very far tbh, he didn't actually search anything,
milesaddict likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.