Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: Saudia: AMS-DXB £353 in Business Return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: Saudia: AMS-DXB £353 in Business Return

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 4:20 pm

all the Jan/Feb flight go through RUH and 7+ hour transit each way, I'm debating but will pass.
Old May 16, 2022, 6:14 pm

is RUH bad?
Old May 16, 2022, 11:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
For someone looking to climb up the Skyteam ladder from scratch which program is it best to credit this fare to?
Old May 16, 2022, 11:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by redadeco
For someone looking to climb up the Skyteam ladder from scratch which program is it best to credit this fare to?
FlyingBlue might be an option?
You need 100 XPs to get their lowest tier Silver while you will obtain 24 XPs for AMS-JED as it's over 2000 miles and 15 XPs for JED-DXB so 39 XPs each way and 78 XPs RT.
​​​​​​
Old May 16, 2022, 11:49 pm

Programs: Iberia Platinum, Marriott Titanium
great deal, I bought one ticket for September. I had an avios booking with qatar from the UK, but this is cheaper than the taxes paid (around £500) and I'm saving 90k avios, not bad trade off for the lack of champagne.
Do you know if transit visa is required? I am reading contradictory info online, so it would be great to know from anyone that has been recently in Jeddah (my transit times are 2h and 8h, but not planning to leave the airport). Furthermore, do you if there is a an air site hotel in Jeddah? Or do the lounge has some kind of rest areas where I could sleep few hours?
I need to buy my connecting flights, but I guess that it is better to wait few waits, just in case the fare is not honor...
gordiegem likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ggomtel
great deal, I bought one ticket for September. I had an avios booking with qatar from the UK, but this is cheaper than the taxes paid (around £500) and I'm saving 90k avios, not bad trade off for the lack of champagne.
Do you know if transit visa is required? I am reading contradictory info online, so it would be great to know from anyone that has been recently in Jeddah (my transit times are 2h and 8h, but not planning to leave the airport). Furthermore, do you if there is a an air site hotel in Jeddah? Or do the lounge has some kind of rest areas where I could sleep few hours?
I need to buy my connecting flights, but I guess that it is better to wait few waits, just in case the fare is not honor...
No visa is required

There's an airside hotel: currently $100 for 6 hours

There's a lounge
Old May 17, 2022, 12:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by MarcElMile
Thank you for posting this great fare! Told myself yesterday to stop booking error fares, here we go again! ...
It would be great if you also told yourself to stop using this nomenclature.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:25 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
The fare got pulled minutes ago as i was trying to book for 2 on amex travel. Check fare basis at 8 am CET on expert flyer was still there, was completing passenger details on amex travel, when attempting to pay, it returned an error message, checked EF again and there was no fare left. Was hesitating too much on the 8 hour connection in RUH on both ways...
Old May 17, 2022, 12:50 am

Programs: Sky team, Star Alliance gold
is off
Old May 17, 2022, 1:07 am

Programs: IHG, Marriot, Emirates
Originally Posted by maudline9
is RUH bad?
It's not bad but it's not as good as JED. RUH has two international terminals and both are identical. There's a duty-free shop in the middle of the terminal and about 20-25 gates around the duty-free shop. Each terminal has two lounges, one has Alfursan (Saudia) and Welcome lounge and the other terminal has Plaza premium and Welcome lounge. Since you're flying Saudia you will probably land in the terminal that has Alfursan lounge. I remember seeing a couple of restaurants and cafes there (Paul cafe, Dunkin Donuts, Burger King,...). I would recommend nothing more than 3 hours of transit in RUH unless you're the type of person who can keep yourself busy for more than that, but 3 hours is definitely my limit.
Old May 17, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
How often are schedule changes with Saudia and when they do happen how flexible are they in changing flights? I am happy with what I’ve booked at the price but would prefer a shorter connection, especially if a schedule change puts my transit time over 12 hours.
Old May 17, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Gomac
How often are schedule changes with Saudia and when they do happen how flexible are they in changing flights? I am happy with what I’ve booked at the price but would prefer a shorter connection, especially if a schedule change puts my transit time over 12 hours.
I am hoping for a schedule change also. Not sure whether they are flexible enough to change outbound from AMS to LHR
Old May 17, 2022, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold member
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
No visa is required

There's an airside hotel: currently $100 for 6 hours

There's a lounge
Do you have a link of name for the airside hotel, can’t find anything online. I know the lounge has slumber rooms, but would prefer a real room for my 8 hour transit.
gordiegem likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by hamada
Do you have a link of name for the airside hotel, can’t find anything online.
https://www.kaia.sa/en/travelers/fac...porthotel.aspx
Justin Case and hamada like this.

Last edited by irishguy28; May 17, 2022 at 2:25 am
Old May 17, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by salehir
I am hoping for a schedule change also. Not sure whether they are flexible enough to change outbound from AMS to LHR
It will be interesting to see how flexible they are, especially with such a good sale fare...from what I have read customer service can be hit and miss!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.