Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: Saudia: AMS-DXB £353 in Business Return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: Saudia: AMS-DXB £353 in Business Return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Any feedback on the return journey which leaves DXB at around 4:20am? Check-in, lounge etc experience.
Currently in lounge. checkin was fine and quick.
Had a little surprise. Walked into skyteam lounge but got denied. Apparently Saudia is not allowed into it and uses the 3rd party lounge opposite of it.

The Ahlan lounge.

Not as good as the skyteam lounge. But some decent food options and alcohol is served.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by InsomniaBA
Currently in lounge. checkin was fine and quick.
Had a little surprise. Walked into skyteam lounge but got denied. Apparently Saudia is not allowed into it and uses the 3rd party lounge opposite of it.

The Ahlan lounge.

Not as good as the skyteam lounge. But some decent food options and alcohol is served.
Flying Saudia in J also tonight/today to AMS via JED and i'm in the Skyteam Lounge, alone btw, no access denied but i'm also AF Plat don't know if it plays in it

Tell me if you want to enter!

Check-in was okay but as you saw it's because we came earlier, not sure the people behind you were SP/Business

Last edited by AurelAF96; Jun 4, 2022 at 9:54 pm
Old Jun 4, 2022, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
What time were you at the airport? Trying to determine what crazy hour I need to get up (or not go asleep). I w add thinking of getting to the airport by 2:30am.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
What time were you at the airport? Trying to determine what crazy hour I need to get up (or not go asleep). I w add thinking of getting to the airport by 2:30am.
I came when the check-in open so 1:20am

Update on the route, i don't know if i can say mess for the transfer part but not as breeze as during the AMS-DXB due to the bank arrivals/departures i think
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Any feedback on the return journey which leaves DXB at around 4:20am? Check-in, lounge etc experience.
You can check my recent report on that flight here. It’s in French but Chrome will translate easily.

Indeed SkyTeam lounge available only if you are a SkyTeam Gold or Platinum.

To answer other questions:
  • Left downtown at 1 but could have left later. There is little to no flights from SV terminal at that time of the night so security and custom are really quick. I had my hotel booked for that night so I slept about an hour from 11 to midnight (unless you want to linger in DXB for most of the day outside or in malls before heading to the airport or spend an insanely long time at the airport, I do recommend to have your hotel booked until your DoD)
  • SkyTeam lounge was *empty* but food was plenty and staff was there doing their job.
  • Because it’s middle of the night and no PAX, it’s the time they are cleaning a lot of stuff, which was ok but for instance the bar was not filled
  • The airport has a bizarre feel where you see (landside) almost more staff than pax
MaxFlyer, fifty_two and AurelAF96 like this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the feedback.

Although I’m crediting to FB I should get access to the SkyTeam lounge at DXB with my ITA Volare Elite Plus status.

I’m assuming that at AMS that Saudi use the KLM lounge so there shouldn’t be any issues there.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:12 am

At DXB , flying SV in J regardless of status gets you into lounge..the "hotel" lounge opposite the skyteam lounge, that was printed on my BP I also have ITA status however that is firmly NOT recognized at DXB Skyteam lounge. No problem with that to enter KL lounge at AMS nor SV lounge in JED/RUH. interestingly SV check in at DXB T1 which is staffed throughout the day let me check in baggage early, also I went early no problem into lounge.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Anyone crediting to Flyingblue? Still waiting for my flights from 28th of May to credit.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
Anyone crediting to Flyingblue? Still waiting for my flights from 28th of May to credit.
Had to manually submit to FlyingBlue. Took about a couple of hours after submitting (had been waiting for a couple of weeks without anything crediting automatically)
unusualtravelblog likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Flying on Thursday and checked-in and downloaded mobile BPs. Both my BP says Discounted Business.

Surprised that SV only allow one carry-on on a business ticket. How strict are they at enforcing this? I have a regular trolley plus a medium size laptop bag.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:40 pm

How strict are they at enforcing this? I have a regular trolley plus a medium size laptop bag.
not strict at all - including in economy
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Finally getting to experience this deal!
Sat on the plane and waiting to depart.

BTW, Saudia support is at transfer desks T4 and T5 at Amsterdam.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Menu for anyone who is yet to travel. Not sure how often it changes.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Not off to a good start. Flight restrictions at AMS meant that we didn’t depart until about 1.5 hours late which meant that I just missed the connection to DXB. Rebooked onto the next service which is 7 hours later…

Plus I was surprised that there wasn’t a second small meal served prior to landing at JED.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

It could just be a coincidence, but I think there’s quite a few gentlemen doing this route with me to take advantage of the fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.