Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a 2-2-2 C+ 767-300?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Is there a 2-2-2 C+ 767-300?

I'm looking at DL 351 JFK-LAX on Feb 25. When I booked it, it was showing a 767-400 with the 2-2-2- C+ cabin. It now shows a 767-300 with a 2-2-2 C+ cabin. Is there such a plane? I want to make sure I'm in one with the C+ that is actually premium select so I get that as my minimum seat situation.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
I'm looking at DL 351 JFK-LAX on Feb 25. When I booked it, it was showing a 767-400 with the 2-2-2- C+ cabin. It now shows a 767-300 with a 2-2-2 C+ cabin. Is there such a plane? I want to make sure I'm in one with the C+ that is actually premium select so I get that as my minimum seat situation.
Yes, some 767-300s are beginning to be outfitted with new PS seats. That said, I would pay attention to schedule changes between now and then in case DL then makes another equipment change and plans to use a 767-300 that has not been retrofitted. Of course, little to nothing you can do about a day-of swap if/when that happens.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Do the 3 cabin A350s also have the "Comfort+" that is actually PS?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the aircraft is operating a domestic segment, yes. DL does not offer "Premium Select" on any domestic routes currently so on any aircraft that is outfitted with a PS cabin, the PS seats are marketed as C+ on a domestic segment. The cabin will still receive standard C+ service.

As a side note, I could see DL begin to offer PS for some domestic markets like JFK-LAX/SFO once enough of the fleet has been outfitted with a PS cabin to where there's little to no chance of equipment swaps between a plane that has PS (and has had tickets sold as PS) to one that doesn't have PS.
Duke787 and hhdl like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
All the A350s have had the 4-cabin config since the last one was modded last spring.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by audidudi
All the A350s have had the 4-cabin config since the last one was modded last spring.
interesting, that's not what it shows when booking ATL to LAX
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

interesting, that's not what it shows when booking ATL to LAX
It's a domestic route so the PS cabin is marketed as C+. What are actually Comfort Plus seats are then marketed as "Preferred" Seats.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Got it, thanks. Do you guys have any thoughts on if ATL to LAX on a Thurs evening or JFK to LAX on a Fri morning are a good use of RUC? It seems like tons of availability, but I don't know if those just fill in late since we're 2.5 months out right now.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Got it, thanks. Do you guys have any thoughts on if ATL to LAX on a Thurs evening or JFK to LAX on a Fri morning are a good use of RUC? It seems like tons of availability, but I don't know if those just fill in late since we're 2.5 months out right now.
IME ATL-LAX is always a tough upgrade, even when using an RUC. It was easier last year for a while, but looks like things across the domestic system are nearly back to normal.

David
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DiverDave
IME ATL-LAX is always a tough upgrade, even when using an RUC. It was easier last year for a while, but looks like things across the domestic system are nearly back to normal.

David
Thanks. So I guess since the flight has upgrade space available I'll go ahead and burn the RUC.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Thanks. So I guess since the flight has upgrade space available I'll go ahead and burn the RUC.
I was going to suggest that you look at flights this week for comparison purposes, but am not sure if it would be valid since it's between holidays.

But it might give you an idea how things might look on that route as your flight dates approach.

David
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

I was going to suggest that you look at flights this week for comparison purposes, but am not sure if it would be valid since it's between holidays.

But it might give you an idea how things might look on that route as your flight dates approach.

David
I went ahead and burned it. I guess I could always pull it back if I get closer and a lot is open. Seems like this plane being lie flat doesn't begin until next month.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

David
I went ahead and burned it. I guess I could always pull it back if I get closer and a lot is open. I told the rep the fact that it's available in advance makes me feel like I'm wasting the RUC but it seems like a high demand route and she said she was honestly surprised it would be available in advance on that flight.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:13 pm

I went ahead and burned it. I guess I could always pull it back if I get closer and a lot is open. I told the rep the fact that it's available in advance makes me feel like I'm wasting the RUC but it seems like a high demand route and she said she was honestly surprised it would be available in advance on that flight.
I remember a few years back trying to book vacations in LA. I would call Delta and have them search for availability. It would be just a handful of ATL-LAX flights per month that had anything, and that would be calling a couple of months ahead of time. It is so much better being able to see availability on our end.

I think it still pulls from the same bucket as miles upgrades, and I expect that nobody much does miles upgrades these days as the pricing has become just staggering. Maybe that reduced demand for miles upgrades leaves more inventory for RUC upgrades. Or it could just be the phase of the moon!

Enjoy your flights!

David
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I remember a few years back trying to book vacations in LA. I would call Delta and have them search for availability. It would be just a handful of ATL-LAX flights per month that had anything, and that would be calling a couple of months ahead of time. It is so much better being able to see availability on our end.

I think it still pulls from the same bucket as miles upgrades, and I expect that nobody much does miles upgrades these days as the pricing has become just staggering. Maybe that reduced demand for miles upgrades leaves more inventory for RUC upgrades. Or it could just be the phase of the moon!

Enjoy your flights!

David
I thought DL had stopped offering fixed-price (but tightly capacity-controlled) mile upgrades domestically in favor of $0.01/per mile variable-price FCM offers.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.