Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: *A US-Europe in Summer from $248 RT in Biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: *A US-Europe in Summer from $248 RT in Biz

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat | United Silver | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Titanium | IHG Ambassador
Thanks OP! Got ours around 11:30pm CT last night. ORD to FCO, $257 each via Priceline in Sep. Already went on the TAP site, confirmed J and selected seats. Now where to credit ...
Old Mar 4, 2021, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Blootch
One more question. How is TAP with middle names? I have one on passport but failed to list on ticket. .
Should not be an issue. My middle name is on my passport but I never include it when purchasing flights. Has NEVER been an issue.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Hope everyone who booked this used a credit card that has exceptional customer service and a great record of chasing down chargebacks, because if you don't get to fly these tickets you'll never see a refund from TAP.
Antarius and 36902BRF like this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 3:26 pm

Since the odds BCN (or indeed any part of Schengen) opens in time for a Memorial Day trip is 50/50 at best, I'm debating cancelling my party of 4 unless I can find an insurance policy that will reimburse these flights in the event EU remains closed to Americans.

From my brief review of Chase's travel cancellation insurance terms, it seems it would not cover me in the event BCN remained closed. Various provisions of what is NOT covered and that may impact eligibility here:

--A Pre-existing Condition or any other event that occurs or commences prior to the initial deposit date or booking date of the Trip (though pre-existing condition is defined as would not appear to cover this issue)
--Failure of You or Your Traveling Companion to obtain necessary visas, passports, or requisite travel documents (not really it either)
--Your disinclination to travel due to an epidemic or pandemic (not exactly the case)

Anyone have leads on an insurance that'd cover this?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by thexfactor
Since the odds BCN (or indeed any part of Schengen) opens in time for a Memorial Day trip is 50/50 at best, I'm debating cancelling my party of 4 unless I can find an insurance policy that will reimburse these flights in the event EU remains closed to Americans.

From my brief review of Chase's travel cancellation insurance terms, it seems it would not cover me in the event BCN remained closed. Various provisions of what is NOT covered and that may impact eligibility here:

--A Pre-existing Condition or any other event that occurs or commences prior to the initial deposit date or booking date of the Trip (though pre-existing condition is defined as would not appear to cover this issue)
--Failure of You or Your Traveling Companion to obtain necessary visas, passports, or requisite travel documents (not really it either)
--Your disinclination to travel due to an epidemic or pandemic (not exactly the case)

I have a similar concern. On arrival, I could stay airside and fly to a country that will allow tourists. But, the return has a 6am departure. So I don't think there is a way to stay airside.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond , Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Hope everyone who booked this used a credit card that has exceptional customer service and a great record of chasing down chargebacks, because if you don't get to fly these tickets you'll never see a refund from TAP.
There is absolutely no need of credit card with “exceptional customer service “ !

If you spend only like 10 min reading VISA and Mastecard terms for customers chargebacks in case of NOT receiving merchandise or flight cancellations in this thread , you would realize how easy and stress free is.. Don’t lose your sleep over it !
Old Mar 4, 2021, 3:57 pm

Programs: OWE
I cancelled my booking too. If the Brazilian variant of the virus continues to spread and is causing some resistance to the vaccines, Portugal might get on the banned list of many countries.
Have fun to those who make it
Old Mar 4, 2021, 4:11 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in CUZCO, PERU
Originally Posted by legalalien
6 am FCO departure is not fun though.
Our longer layover is on the eastbound flight:

TAP Portugal 204 11:55pm • Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.) to Lisbon, Portugal (LIS-Humberto Delgado) (TAP Portugal) Business (Z) 11:55pm - 12:15pm +1 7h 20m flight duration Overnight
Layover: 7h 55m
TAP Portugal 838 8:10pm • Lisbon, Portugal (LIS-Humberto Delgado) to Rome, Italy (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.) Business (Z), 8:10pm - 12:05am (Nonstop) +1 2h 55m flight duration

Leaves us the afternoon in Lisbon!

On the return we took the later option as well and may pop back into the city:

TAP Portugal 841 12:05pm • Rome, Italy (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.) to Lisbon, Portugal (LIS-Humberto Delgado) (TAP Portugal) Business (J) 12:05pm - 2:15pm 3h 10m flight duration
Layover: 5h 10m
TAP Portugal 207 7:25pm • Lisbon, Portugal (LIS-Humberto Delgado) to Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.) Business (J) 7:25pm - 10:25pm 8h flight duration
Old Mar 4, 2021, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by thexfactor
Originally Posted by Global321
I have a similar concern. On arrival, I could stay airside and fly to a country that will allow tourists. But, the return has a 6am departure. So I don't think there is a way to stay airside.
Good luck with that. So far I have not found one that covers Covid-related cancellations. My guess is that the risk is just too high for the coverage to be profitable.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 4:42 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
Bookings showing up on TAP site with ticket numbers and letting me select J seats.

Feels decent at the moment. I just worry about the EU being open by Sept.
TAP shows my ticket but I can't add FF number or pick any seats, just keep spinning.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 4:43 pm

deleted
Old Mar 4, 2021, 4:44 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Smart money booked these trips for fall/winter 2021/2022. Extremely unlikely Americans will be able to hit up the EU this spring or summer, and who needs that kind of anxiety before a vacation?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Now the waiting game to see if TAP honors these.

THEN the waiting game to see if Schengen is open to Americans by June!

Fingers crossed on both!
What do we think about the travel ban being lifted for vaccinated people (I.e. healthcare workers who aren't traveling for work)?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL DM
I'm still unable to select seats on both of my itineraries I booked through Expedia. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? When I go to the seat selection page on the TAP site, it shows "select any economy seat at check-in."
Old Mar 4, 2021, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by mileageking
I think credit should also go to WingedWorldExplorer who first posted yesterday at 4:37pm in trick it.
Well, Thank You . Yes I had a dump ready but quickly realized it was a published fare without YQ, not needing an X factor. Booked from NYC to Vie with return from Geneva. Better deal than anything I ever booked with trick ! ! !

Things happened very fast and I had not time to modify or clarify.

I think I got confirmed 20 minutes before "correction"

I have 12+ years of sometimes complicated dumping experience and was shocked by simplicity. I knew I had to move ( VERY ) quickly - and Did.
BTW: YQ in BIZ can still be removed.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Mar 4, 2021 at 5:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.