Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ/EK/UA/etc: KRT-Worldwide < 7cpm Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ/EK/UA/etc: KRT-Worldwide < 7cpm Business

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2021, 3:11 am

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Originally Posted by Granite64
Delete this please.
And best to delete the quoted text as well 🙂
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:08 am

Yesterday, all legs of EK disappeared from the itinerary. No information from ex and EK at the moment. Does someone have this same situation? If you don't wanna write here, pls priv me.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by tryafly
Yesterday, all legs of EK disappeared from the itinerary. No information from ex and EK at the moment. Does someone have this same situation? If you don't wanna write here, pls priv me.
Did EK contact you to advise you on why they have removed the sectors?

My ex-KRT SQ ticket still seems in place - for now.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 2:28 am

No, nobody has informed me. Flights are normally scheduled and you can buy the tickets for my dates. At this moment xp and EK didn't contact me.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 11:07 am

I'm in the same boat as @tryafly. Have contacted Expedia three times now to try get an explanation as to why the tickets were cancelled. First two times I was promised a response within 24-72hr, and of course never heard back. Third time I was told I was being transferred to the correct department, which unsurprisingly didn't happen either.

Anyone have any tips or tricks for dealing with these guys? I wanted to hear from them the reason behind the cancellation first, but given how much of a pain it is to chase them up I'm thinking to just ask for a refund. Which, I would hope, isn't too difficult...
Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Expedia called me and the agent said that they are waiting for the final negotiation. It seems that the agent (Expedia) and Emirates do not agree with each other about the fare rate at the time of booking, it might be the booking platform involve as well. She said that for now, all the flights are okay except the EK flights but she said that we have to wait for the conclusion ( from who? )

The eTicket has not been cancelled and it is still active, I can even look on EK Website and send the eTicket from there but EK removed their flight from the booking.

I think that Expedia is trying to negotiate with EK on the customer side, otherwise they could just easily cancel the ticket.
Granite64 and tryafly like this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: OWE
EK flights here- they've been removed from EK website, but itinerary still live in Expedia. Not very likely to go ahead but have no plans of cancelling myself, and if they do there won't be a fee to pay.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by thanaset
Expedia called me and the agent said that they are waiting for the final negotiation. It seems that the agent (Expedia) and Emirates do not agree with each other about the fare rate at the time of booking, it might be the booking platform involve as well. She said that for now, all the flights are okay except the EK flights but she said that we have to wait for the conclusion ( from who? )

The eTicket has not been cancelled and it is still active, I can even look on EK Website and send the eTicket from there but EK removed their flight from the booking.

I think that Expedia is trying to negotiate with EK on the customer side, otherwise they could just easily cancel the ticket.

Interesting, one of them messed up and they are negotiating who has to pay for it. I wonder what our chances are...?
Old Apr 26, 2021, 11:42 pm

I think there are two scenarios here and one is much more likely than the other. The first one is that maybe EK is negotiating with XP, but rather not to bring back the tickets, but to give XP the commission it is theoretically entitled to. I think this is their field of negotiation. The second scenario could be like the deal a few years ago for the Maldives. EK first canceled all tickets and then reinstated them through rebooking and customer service contact. I highly doubt the second option...unfortunately
Old Apr 27, 2021, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by thanaset
[...]I think that Expedia is trying to negotiate with EK on the customer side, otherwise they could just easily cancel the ticket.
Or simply they hold the free loan as long as possible
Old Apr 27, 2021, 1:40 am

Sciamano

I don't think so, If this will be the reason they would not have cancelled the first batch after a week and refunded the money immediately and sending an email stating that there was an error in issuing the tickets. Then they would have left all the tickets in their original form for at least six months to keep the money circulating.

E:
I got a call from ex.it a half hour ago (from US number +1 60). The agent informed me that EK will not honor those tickets and EK segments were canceled. He asked me if I want to fly only KRK-CAI leg because it was not canceled by MS. I asked for a full refund. Thank you guys and to the next deal...

E 2:
Today I got an email from ex.it with the information that the refund was made yesterday and will be processed within max.10 working days. Note that the amount that was requested to be refunded was minus 5% of the ticket price, which is exactly expedia's commission. I called them to clarify this. The agent, after speaking with a supervisor, stated that I would also be refunded their commission. I asked for confirmation by email and indeed after 20 minutes I received another email saying that the rest of the amount would also be refunded.. Be careful!!! If I had not called them they would 100% not refund the 5% of the commission (in my case 86€)
Granite64 and jeroen100 like this.

Last edited by tryafly; Apr 28, 2021 at 1:33 pm Reason: New information
Old Apr 28, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by tryafly
Sciamano

I don't think so, If this will be the reason they would not have cancelled the first batch after a week and refunded the money immediately and sending an email stating that there was an error in issuing the tickets. Then they would have left all the tickets in their original form for at least six months to keep the money circulating.

E:
I got a call from ex.it a half hour ago (from US number +1 60). The agent informed me that EK will not honor those tickets and EK segments were canceled. He asked me if I want to fly only KRK-CAI leg because it was not canceled by MS. I asked for a full refund. Thank you guys and to the next deal...

E 2:
Today I got an email from ex.it with the information that the refund was made yesterday and will be processed within max.10 working days. Note that the amount that was requested to be refunded was minus 5% of the ticket price, which is exactly expedia's commission. I called them to clarify this. The agent, after speaking with a supervisor, stated that I would also be refunded their commission. I asked for confirmation by email and indeed after 20 minutes I received another email saying that the rest of the amount would also be refunded.. Be careful!!! If I had not called them they would 100% not refund the 5% of the commission (in my case 86€)

Solid info, thanks for making us aware of this! 🤝
Old May 17, 2021, 11:14 pm

Still no refund for me.
Old May 17, 2021, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by danielm
Still no refund for me.
176 or 618 stock for your 3 tickets?
Old May 17, 2021, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by danielm
Still no refund for me.
Same. 176 stock. Expedia last said about a week ago that they're still waiting for a response from Emirates...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.