Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA NYC-GIG business class (I) for $500

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA NYC-GIG business class (I) for $500

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Keter
You can change return before departure. If it does not work online then shall be possible via other channels. Up to the time AA blocks these histric 'sales' fares for reissue (again a mystery to me).
Thanks. Does the concept of "co-terminals" apply? E.G. changing from SDU departure to GIG departure.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:14 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Thanks. Does the concept of "co-terminals" apply? E.G. changing from SDU departure to GIG departure.
SDU and GIG are just the same city, not twin cities or smth similar.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 5:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
SDU and GIG are just the same city, not twin cities or smth similar.
yes I’m just wondering if they’re treated as being “interchangeable” for the purposes of changes. Eg in NYC all three airports (JFK/LGA/EWR) are treated as co-terminals and if you’re booked to fly eg DFW-LGA then you could change to DFW-EWR without changing the “destination”.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
https://princeoftravel.com/blog/co-t...award-tickets/

GIG and SDU are co-terminal according to this article.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 11:39 pm

2) Refund in taxes is possible as credit....
I made an online change (just for fun and I did not know AA.web only permits a single online change...) and the saving in taxes was actually alreay refunded to my card use to buy the ticket. No voucher was issued in the very beginning but I wanted to wait for the actual refund before posting here.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 4:48 am

I made an online change (just for fun and I did not know AA.web only permits a single online change...) and the saving in taxes was actually alreay refunded to my card use to buy the ticket. No voucher was issued in the very beginning but I wanted to wait for the actual refund before posting here.
What change did you end up making?
Old Mar 1, 2021, 1:00 pm

What change did you end up making?
Just a change in date and in transfer point for the return portion. It was possible to price virtually everything under the historic prices.

Funny that my second booking is always saying no flights found for any change attempt.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 1:31 pm

Just a change in date and in transfer point for the return portion. It was possible to price virtually everything under the historic prices.

Funny that my second booking is always saying no flights found for any change attempt.
Thanks. Annoyingly it doesn't even attempt to let me make a change... it just immediately says "Call to change this trip" and "This trip can't be changed online.". I'd really like to change the return leg from SDU-GRU-JFK to instead do GIG-JFK direct.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:02 am

Thanks. Annoyingly it doesn't even attempt to let me make a change... it just immediately says "Call to change this trip" and "This trip can't be changed online.". I'd really like to change the return leg from SDU-GRU-JFK to instead do GIG-JFK direct.
That shall be easy, and dont forget to ask your tax refund. My problem is different I did not realise I can route other destinations via LAX to get more BA tier ponints Now this is only possible for a return portion.

BTW i never contacted AA via other means than a phone - do they change tickets via twitter, facebok etc?
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:03 am

Deleted. Double post.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 3:24 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
BTW i never contacted AA via other means than a phone - do they change tickets via twitter, facebok etc?
I have made some changes via Twitter.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 5:08 am

That shall be easy, and dont forget to ask your tax refund. My problem is different I did not realise I can route other destinations via LAX to get more BA tier ponints Now this is only possible for a return portion.

Interesting - are you rerouting via Lax on this fare or others?

Aa on Twitter will do more straightforward changes for you. Anything that’s very complex or would take a lot of back and forth to complete then they’ll ask that you call instead.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:54 pm

Interesting - are you rerouting via Lax on this fare or others?

Aa on Twitter will do more straightforward changes for you. Anything that’s very complex or would take a lot of back and forth to complete then they’ll ask that you call instead.
Most other points in Brazil have very generous extra mileage allowance of ~2500 miles. And the fares under this sale were more or less similar for many cities in Brazil. So sad I realised this too too late (to maximise the onward too). Well, i do not even have a new US visa yet.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Anyone fly this yet? We are next weekend out of JFK. Seems like the flagship lounges are still closed? We are connecting to GIG via MIA - good news is we are flying on the 772's on all segments with lie-flats. If the soft product is even halfway good, that will just be the cherry on top.

Last edited by vivrant; Mar 13, 2021 at 3:39 pm
Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:29 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
yes I’m just wondering if they’re treated as being “interchangeable” for the purposes of changes. Eg in NYC all three airports (JFK/LGA/EWR) are treated as co-terminals and if you’re booked to fly eg DFW-LGA then you could change to DFW-EWR without changing the “destination”.
Originally Posted by Kmxu
https://princeoftravel.com/blog/co-t...award-tickets/

GIG and SDU are co-terminal according to this article.
I think it's worth mentioning co-terminals are an airline-by-airline concept. Even if Alpha-Airlines considers YYY and ZZZ to be the same city, Bravo-Airlines might not. Sometimes it's specified in the fares rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.