Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] LH Business: KBP - ICN €566 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] LH Business: KBP - ICN €566 RT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
I would put my money on the 747-400 being retired by that point. They have been talking about retiring them but keeping 747-8. Let's see if they will still be around.
Exactly, dont count on 747. Steal of the year definitely remains BUD to US, this is just nice.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
That's a new one: let's hope that Premium fare deals get worse so full fare tickets keep their value and their buyers are not "slapped in the face"
Great one, man !
You sure know how to grasp the spirit of a thread

(...) I do hope that it doesn't stick as it would just be a slap in the face to people who buy full fare tickets.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by SteamyUncle
That's a new one: let's hope that Premium fare deals get worse so full fare tickets keep their value and their buyers are not "slapped in the face"
Great one, man !
You sure know how to grasp the spirit of a thread
Spot on. Due to my limited/poor English proficiency I had no clue how to put it nicely but thanks for your post which I agree 100%. I have flown quite a few C flights over the last few years and never paid more than 800EUR/person. Just recently I bought the most expensive flight in my life costing 1000eur+. My wife asked me to get a flight to Dominican Rep departing PRG on 27/12 and returning on 6/1/21. What can you do??
Newbtravelle likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: Plenty
Originally Posted by premiumletenkar
Spot on. Due to my limited/poor English proficiency I had no clue how to put it nicely but thanks for your post which I agree 100%. I have flown quite a few C flights over the last few years and never paid more than 800EUR/person. Just recently I bought the most expensive flight in my life costing 1000eur+. My wife asked me to get a flight to Dominican Rep departing PRG on 27/12 and returning on 6/1/21. What can you do??
it is the same everywhere....+1`s tend to fly-out Fridays preferably in the late afternoon and to fly-in on a Sunday night
Yes this is costing a fortune lol....guess how long it took to explaining +1 the essence of milage running and that a simple A to B could mostly turn out to become a C to A continuing to D, E and F before finally arriving in B.......
jfkeze, HarbourGent, Thysk and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 4:50 pm

So sad I missed this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 2:25 am

Booking seems to be intact, flights still fully flexible. Think we are "safe"?
Old Nov 14, 2020, 2:42 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by standbyalldtime
Booking seems to be intact, flights still fully flexible. Think we are "safe"?
That depends on what is your departure date. There is no need to rush if your flight is 8 months away. It never really safe but I usually wait couple of months because by that point they have usually forgotten. Also in the current environment we don't know if any of the flight might not just change couple of months/weeks out.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
anyone tried bidding for an upgrade? i booked directly with LH, however when i open the plusgrade website the sliders says "this flight is not eglible for upgrade".. wondering why?
Old Jan 1, 2021, 5:46 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by fridgy
anyone tried bidding for an upgrade? i booked directly with LH, however when i open the plusgrade website the sliders says "this flight is not eglible for upgrade".. wondering why?
It doesn't have an F cabin.
It's 3 cabin layout even if it stays an 747 that is unless you book for a departure very soon.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:26 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
It doesn't have an F cabin.
It's 3 cabin layout even if it stays an 747 that is unless you book for a departure very soon.
omg.. i havent even checked im so sorry, thank you for the reply! yup i have the 747-400 for now
Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:54 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Some of my flights have been rescheduled and I called my local LH office to find out the options that I have. The agent said that I can change the date until September (my flight is in September) next year free of charge!!! I did ask her about whether I could change the route from KBP-ICN to MUC-ICN instead, she then told me that the free of charge only applies for the original routing! She told me to wait until September and called her again to change the date, it is better that's what she said.
andigoeskiwi and Deckter like this.
Old May 12, 2021, 4:47 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Managed to push the flights into spring 2022, probably the easiest date change I have ever done. It took 5 minutes via chat, and one day later the tickets were reissued.
fridgy likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:20 am

Hi,
my original (late October '21) flights from KBP to MUC and from MUC to ICN have been canceled and replaced with new ones (KBP-FRA and FRA-ICN), which are 6 or 7 hours later than original flights.
As far as I understand, there should be no problem with changing dates of my trip to 2022 but I've been thinking also about changing itinerary, so I could avoid starting the trip and finishing it in KBP. Was anyone of you able to do that? I suspect that chances for success are very low, but perhaps someone was lucky enough ?
Old Oct 24, 2021, 5:55 am

Today I've moved my trip to October '22. No major changes were allowed​​​​​, so ended up with almost the same itinerary. The only amendment is FRA instead of MUC on the way to ICN, due to much better time of flight through FRA.
​​​​​​​From the other hand, I can't complain, as flights KBP to FRA and FRA to ICN are now in "D" instead of "P"
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Did anyone change the new date/route already?

My flight will be in May 2022 but some of them have been rescheduled before the war, I called the local LH office and they said that I still have the option to change the date +365 days from date of the change.

Now, it seems there are some alternative routes that I can also change too, from/to Hungary, Poland:
Passengers booked on a Lufthansa Group flight to or from Ukraine until 31 May 2022 can rebook free of charge on another Lufthansa Group flight to or from Ukraine (after 1 May 2022), Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania or Moldova. The new travel date must be by 30 June 2022. A free refund is also possible.
But if I choose this option, I can only move the flight up to 30 June 2022, it might be extended again. I will wait and see the situation again as I am still waiting the South Korea to open the border without any quarantine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.