Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2020 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
AA/One World: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

AA/One World: 2020 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:51 pm

This would be perfect, though I can't see any way to prorate the EQD. AA vacations requires originating in the US from what I'm seeing. I think all you can recover is 1:1 EQD.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Essendonfooty
This would be perfect, though I can't see any way to prorate the EQD. AA vacations requires originating in the US from what I'm seeing. I think all you can recover is 1:1 EQD.
Ah I think CX PE prices have dropped (and COVID-19 cases in KR have outpaced HKG) so this should be okay? $1,224 ICN-HKG-BCN / $1,229 ICN-HKG-MAD CX PE

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...8*2.USD.122918
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Unionruler
Ah I think CX PE prices have dropped (and COVID-19 cases in KR have outpaced HKG) so this should be okay? $1,224 ICN-HKG-BCN / $1,229 ICN-HKG-MAD CX PE

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=ICN./m/056_y,/m/01f62.2020-04-02.ICNHKG0CX419~HKGMAD1CX315*/m/056_y,/m/01f62.ICN.2020-04-05.MADHKG0CX372~HKGICN1CX434;c:USD;e:1;a:CX*CX;sc: p;sd:1;t:b;sp:2.USD.122918*2.USD.122918
Yes, this is a great fare! Hopefully these don't get cancelled... hopefully a month is enough time for everything to blow over!

Fare is relatively the same to CDG, AMS as well for those reading along/also interested. Thank you!
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:16 am

Run for EXP - 15 eqm needed

Hi flyers,

I was granted an EXP challenge by AA in January 2020. I've already met the EQD but unfortunately, my company is now restricting work travel for an unknown period of time. I would need to get the missing eqm by April 6th. Being based in Miami, I thought I could either try to run to South America, or maybe do a premium class run in the Continental US. Best I could find right now was a R/T to SAN through ORD, in first, yielding 12k miles and for $917. I'd love to hear your ideas.

Departure Airport(s): MIA/FLL
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 16,000
EQDs Needed: 0
Max Budget: $1,000
Available Travel Dates: 03/13 to 03/15, 03/20-03/22, 03/27-03/29, 04/03-04/05 (all weekends through April 7th)
Max # Travel Nights: 1 (preferably none)
AA only, or Partners Okay: all ok
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): No
Old Mar 21, 2020, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Departure Airport(s): SAN, possibly SNA
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 13.5k miles
EQDs Needed: n/a
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates: Mar 23 - April 5; April 20 onward
Max # Travel Nights: 2
AA only, or Partners Okay: yes
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): n/a

Wife is off from work, would like to consider domestic US mileage run(s) to earn life time gold status (1 MM) - just under 13.5k miles short.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Departure Airport(s): Based at DFW but can reposition to anywhere I need to
EQMs or EQSs Needed: Likely none
EQDs Needed: YES! I'll need probably 7500
Max Budget: As little as possible? Please haha
Available Travel Dates: Anytime - super flexible, but hopefully ASAP
Max # Travel Nights: Unlimited
AA only, or Partners Okay: Pref partners please
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): No but can get one

Thank you!!!!! I've been EXP for years and years but lost it this past year due to change in employment. Would love to have it again - plus, would love an excuse to do some crazy traveling.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 4:16 pm

Programs: Most airlines
Smile Help with first mileage run

This will be my first mileage run, so Im not sure where or how to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Departure Airport: PDX but can do SEA, SFO, LAX
EQMs or EQSs needed: 24,685EQMs or 26EQS (for Platinum, but would also be willing to do Platinum Pro if it's not too hard, so then I'd need 39,68 5EQMs or 4 EQSs)
EQDs needed: $575 (or $2575 for Platinum Pro)
Max Budget: the cheapest way possible. But I'm flexible
Available Travel Dates: Really anytime as long as I have a week to prepare.
Max # Travel Nights: No limit, but the lower the better.
AA only or Partners Ok?: Doesn't matter, Whatever is the best option.
Have a Chinese Visa?: No, but I can get one if needed.

Thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it!
Old Aug 13, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: American Airlines
PDX-HNL round trip in Main Cabin for $200. Same day turns available. If you route through DFW can get about 10000 EQM (and a 787 on the long legs). Fair expires tonight. Quarantine upon arrival in Hawaii etc etc.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 8:54 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriot gold, hyatt globalist
Departure Airport: DFW, ORD, DSM, (anywhere really)
Miles Needed: 18k
EQD Needed: $2800

Required Spend or Budget: $1,000
Available Travel Dates: Sept-Oct (flexible)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: yes
Old Aug 25, 2020, 11:00 am

I have a Platinum Challenge from Globalist which requires
  • Earn $1,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) and either 7,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) or 8 Elite Qualifying Segments (EQSs) for Gold status
  • Earn $2,000 EQDs and either 12,500 EQMs or 16 EQSs for Platinum status
  • Earn $3,000 EQDs and either 20,000 EQMs or 24 EQSs for Platinum Pro status
It also says Qualifying EQDs, EQMs and EQSs are earned when you fly on eligible tickets for flights operated by American Airlines or marketed by American, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines and Qantas.

I have a couple transcon on Alaska I class that I could credit to AA but does anyone if Alaska flights count towards AA status challenge? I feel like the rules are set prior to Alaska initiation into OW.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; HH Gold; Bonvoy Gold; Wynd Diamond
Departure Airport(s): GSO CLT and/or RDU
EQMs or EQSs Needed: $10K
EQDs Needed: $1000
Max Budget: would love to stay near the EQD need.
Available Travel Dates: flexible, by EOY
Max # Travel Nights: the less time away from home the better
AA only, or Partners Okay: any way to meet the goal
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): No, and actually waiting on a passport renewal, so no international travel for at least a few more weeks.

Interested to see what you folks come up with.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:31 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Qualifying in 2020

Im confused as of late on just HOW to qualify for AA Status in the COVID era and newest mileage accrual rules.

Do I just need EQMs, or EQD’s or segments separately at their defined thresholds or meeting all those thresholds? I’ve assumed hit any threshold and you get that status level? Thanks

Originally Posted by aerolulu
Hi flyers,

I was granted an EXP challenge by AA in January 2020. I've already met the EQD but unfortunately, my company is now restricting work travel for an unknown period of time. I would need to get the missing eqm by April 6th. Being based in Miami, I thought I could either try to run to South America, or maybe do a premium class run in the Continental US. Best I could find right now was a R/T to SAN through ORD, in first, yielding 12k miles and for $917. I'd love to hear your ideas.

Departure Airport(s): MIA/FLL
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 16,000
EQDs Needed: 0
Max Budget: $1,000
Available Travel Dates: 03/13 to 03/15, 03/20-03/22, 03/27-03/29, 04/03-04/05 (all weekends through April 7th)
Max # Travel Nights: 1 (preferably none)
Old Oct 15, 2020, 9:54 am

So I'm optimistic that the world will be more amenable to travel next year and figure it's worth an MR to give EXP a shot. I only need a couple hundred EQD, but need to hit some EQM.

Departure Airport(s): DFW
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 12,212
EQDs Needed: 247
Max Budget: $1,300
Available Travel Dates: Flexible
Max # Travel Nights: 2 (preferably none)
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by thelark
So I'm optimistic that the world will be more amenable to travel next year and figure it's worth an MR to give EXP a shot. I only need a couple hundred EQD, but need to hit some EQM.

Departure Airport(s): DFW
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 12,212
EQDs Needed: 247
Max Budget: $1,300
Available Travel Dates: Flexible
Max # Travel Nights: 2 (preferably none)
What's your risk tolerance?
If you are willing to go to Brazil (Open to Tourism) in Y+ you can get 15334 EQMs for $1,252 Google Flights

​​​​​​
Old Oct 18, 2020, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
What's your risk tolerance?
If you are willing to go to Brazil (Open to Tourism) in Y+ you can get 15334 EQMs for $1,252 Google Flights

​​​​​​
great price - very tempting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.