Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

QR Mileage Run - Extremely Short Lay Over BKK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Right, I need to go to Doha for work, Business costs are high for just a simple Doha Return. However if I do ARN-DOH, DOH-BKK, BKK-ARN, it is almost a third of the price, plus QR are offering Triple QMiles at the moment.

My question is:

Can I do this:

DOH-BKK - QR 0830 - 20:25 - 06:55+1

BKK-DOH - QR 0831 - 09:25 (same plane)

I guess that I will need to go through immigration and check in (even if I have hand luggage?) or could I check in online, get off the plane, then just wait to board again?

Any suggestions or advice for doing such a route?

Thanks,
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: BA AVIOS , Qanats
I think you have to go through immigration and re enter
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: BA AVIOS , Qanats
Or you can try Qatar airways transfer desk inside the arrivals if there is one
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
You can do online check-in, get off the plane and then asking the staff whether you can wait at the arrival gate for the departure (it is the same gate).

Or you just walking and then take the escalator up to the departure level and go to the gate which will be the stairs down to the arrival level (the same gate that you just get off)

Either way, you do not have to pass immigration!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by thanaset
You can do online check-in, get off the plane and then asking the staff whether you can wait at the arrival gate for the departure (it is the same gate).

Or you just walking and then take the escalator up to the departure level and go to the gate which will be the stairs down to the arrival level (the same gate that you just get off)

Either way, you do not have to pass immigration!
This is right. Done this many times when I flew TG F, had up to 9 hours in F lounge with the full spa. Didn’t bother to fight the heat in bangkok city. Lol.
CFM3RD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.