Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CA: YUL-HAV lie flat rt $401 CAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] CA: YUL-HAV lie flat rt $401 CAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:23 am

Thanks, jaimevoyager. I was wondering if I would buy a visa online, now I think I won't.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:30 am

Can't find any dates that work anymore
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Schweden
Can't find any dates that work anymore
The promotion ended Sunday at midnight. For my dates, Economy is now $462, Premium Economy is $980, and Business is $1163.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by Steveman
My credit card charge is still in pending status for my March 2020 booking but my tickets have been issued and I was able to select my seats. Has anyone had the ticket charge post to their credit card account yet?
Same. Ticketed, be able to select seats, etc, but the charge made on Fri. is still pending, while other purchases made after that are already cleared. Weird.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Personal experience 4 years ago and with Cayman... they sold a "visa" on the plane for 20 or 25 USD... Kinda like filling out the old USA Customs form but paying for the form...
Do you remember if your ticket included any fees for Cuban authorities?

My ticket says CUAB 33.31CAD, which is almost 25USD.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jaimevoyager
I just verified, and it is not listed on the ticket. From past experiences, the airline distributes the tourist visa document on the plane. You fill it out and it is processed once you land. There is no cost for the tourist visa for Canadian passport holders.
With Air Transat, the tourist visa was given at check-in, with Sunwing, it was given onboard, both free. With Sunwing though, I don't know if it was a joke or not but an FA told us they don't have extras, so if we make errors and need new ones, we need to purchase upon arrival.

With US carriers, I hear they charge hefty price for them, even for Canadian passport holders.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LAX21
All their business class seats on their wide-bodies start at row 11; no idea why...
They probably want consistency across aircraft types. This makes it easy to tell whether a given seat is business class or not.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by maverikbc
Same. Ticketed, be able to select seats, etc, but the charge made on Fri. is still pending, while other purchases made after that are already cleared. Weird.
My Visa charge has now gone from pending to posted.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
For those who purchased this ticket, note that you can’t credit to UA. CA flights to Cuba earn no miles!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
For those who purchased this ticket, note that you can’t credit to UA. CA flights to Cuba earn no miles!
Yeah same issue with all 3 major carriers .. no partner trips to HAV Credit...
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:41 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by yutuyu
CA does have the 24h CXX policy but you will have to call them and it can be a pain in the ... to reach some one!
Do you think its an error fare or a flash sale? As Y price out the same as J?
I cancelled a CA J ticket last year within 24 hours using a link on the manage bookings page, no calling required. Was painless and was refunded quickly.

EDIT: I paid a $100 cancel fee so was not a 24 hour refund (was on a J ticket I had booked it but found a better deal on ANA) but I did it online.

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Mar 27, 2019 at 8:42 pm
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Do you know if CA flights to Cuba earn Aeroplan miles?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I cancelled a CA J ticket last year within 24 hours using a link on the manage bookings page, no calling required. Was painless and was refunded quickly.
I was told by AC customer service that the 24 hour cancel window is only applicable if you bought the tickets on Welcome to Air China, it doesn't apply if you bought them on www.airchina.ca. In the case of the latter there is a cancel fee charge even within 24 hours of purchase.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:46 pm

I saw that too. The cancellation fee is only $100 per ticket—reasonable compared to a lot of other airlines.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:42 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by Steveman
I was told by AC customer service that the 24 hour cancel window is only applicable if you bought the tickets on Welcome to Air China, it doesn't apply if you bought them on www.airchina.ca. In the case of the latter there is a cancel fee charge even within 24 hours of purchase.
You are correct I edited my post above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.