FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] CA: YUL-HAV lie flat rt $401 CAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1962078-prem-fare-gone-ca-yul-hav-lie-flat-rt-401-cad.html)

maverikbc Mar 22, 19 1:11 pm

[PREM FARE GONE] CA: YUL-HAV lie flat rt $401 CAD
 
Wide open last second today till EOS. Southbound on Fridays, northbound on Saturdays. Books as fare class R, credits 125% to most programs. It shows up on GF, but cannot find the fare on matrix ita. Apparently same fare as Y. I'll post the fare rules upon request, since it's very long as usual.

Booked on airchina.ca, it doesn't take Amex, but takes Visa, MC and Paypal. Got a booking reference code.

Tip of the hat to SecretFlying.

Update: I've received email confirmation from CA as I'm typing this.

yutuyu Mar 22, 19 1:45 pm

SUPER USEFULL for XMAS!!

Thanks booked 6 tickets for XMAX and 6 for SB in begining of March.

maverikbc Mar 22, 19 1:56 pm


Originally Posted by yutuyu (Post 30917736)
SUPER USEFULL for XMAS!!

Thanks booked 6 tickets for XMAX and 6 for SB in begining of March.

To avoid Easter, I actually wanted to leave next week, but I thought it's pretty risky to arrange positioning flights now in case this fare doesn't stick. I booked this for Nov.

I couldn't book from YVR, so booked from YUL. Couldn't find the fare from nearer cities, either.

Aeroplan has availability this route this month and April, so it could've been cheaper and easier for me to redeem Aeroplan YVR-YUL-HAV for 60k plus fees. When we try to grab flash sale fares, book first, think later right? Oh well. Does CA Canada site have a 24 hour free cancellation policy like US sites?

I couldn't price the Aeroplan redemption YVR-YUL-HAV-YUL-YVR, but when I searched YUL-HAV leaving today, coming back any Sat. next month, it was 60k+ $226 CAD.

yutuyu Mar 22, 19 3:48 pm

CA does have the 24h CXX policy but you will have to call them and it can be a pain in the ... to reach some one!
Do you think its an error fare or a flash sale? As Y price out the same as J?

michroch Mar 22, 19 4:13 pm


Originally Posted by maverikbc (Post 30917626)
Wide open last second today till EOS. Southbound on Fridays, northbound on Saturdays. Books as fare class R, credits 125% to most programs. It shows up on GF, but cannot find the fare on matrix ita. Apparently same fare as Y. I'll post the fare rules upon request, since it's very long as usual.

Booked on airchina.ca, it doesn't take Amex, but takes Visa, MC and Paypal. Got a booking reference code.

Tip of the hat to SecretFlying.

Update: I've received email confirmation from CA as I'm typing this.

Just want to let you guys know that Yulair found this deal first, not Secret Flying.

rybylee Mar 22, 19 5:23 pm

Is this fare gone already? GF is pricing the flights out to around $1,000.

Repooc17 Mar 22, 19 5:34 pm


Originally Posted by maverikbc (Post 30917766)
When we try to grab flash sale fares, book first, think later right?

:D

Absolutely. Except when in the case of countries like Cuba and N. Korea. Even though you can get this fare as a overnight turnaround, not sure if it would be worth (for me) as a MR. I have been to Cuba previously.

Pro tips: Check visa requirements carefully and please bring enough cash for use there.


Originally Posted by rybylee (Post 30918441)
Is this fare gone already? GF is pricing the flights out to around $1,000.

Still there. Just priced one for 299 USD in early April (one-day turnaround or a week+ turnaround).

maverikbc Mar 22, 19 7:17 pm


Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 30918468)
:D

Absolutely. Except when in the case of countries like Cuba and N. Korea. Even though you can get this fare as a overnight turnaround, not sure if it would be worth (for me) as a MR. I have been to Cuba previously.

Pro tips: Check visa requirements carefully and please bring enough cash for use there.



Still there. Just priced one for 299 USD in early April (one-day turnaround or a week+ turnaround).

Sure I often check timatic, but I've been to Cuba numerous times, and as a Canadian passport holder, it's been pretty easy to enter. I have to check if CA will give me a tourist card at YUL, hopefully for free.

Take CAD, EUR, GBP, etc cash, but not USD: they add 10% surcharge.

As a fifth freedom route, I don't understand why it sits at HAV overnight. Not a good use of the aircraft. It could continue to CCS, another ally ;-)

Honestly, I won't be disappointed if this doesn't stick: now I've learned j award seats availability is good for today and return next month.

Quinlanty Mar 23, 19 4:59 am

Debating if I should jump on this. Been to Cuba many times, and the 7:30 pm arrival 9:00 am departure means very little time in the city. Are those who booked going for a day or a week?

jaimevoyager Mar 23, 19 8:32 am

Great deal. I decided to book a flight for early August, and am tempted to book a second ticket for March 2020. My booking was ticketed.

Andaz Mar 23, 19 8:54 am

I wish this worked for a shorter stay than one week.
Half a day (which is the only other option) is to short. Experience Cuba by night for a few hours? Nah, I think I'm fine.

jfkeze Mar 23, 19 9:25 am


Originally Posted by Andaz (Post 30920237)
I wish this worked for a shorter stay than one week.
Half a day (which is the only other option) is to short. Experience Cuba by night for a few hours? Nah, I think I'm fine.

You could always nest it , two separate vacations and use miles or another fare in between the trips, a night in Havana could be worth it but just too little time

mykel67 Mar 23, 19 10:08 am

Looks like I missed out on the Christmas window...can only get fares of $1247 CAD for that time period. And I can’t get any availability for March 2020...

LearningToFly Mar 23, 19 11:34 am

Just booked over Easter. Thanks a lot OP.

LearningToFly Mar 23, 19 12:46 pm


Originally Posted by jaimevoyager (Post 30920200)
Great deal. I decided to book a flight for early August, and am tempted to book a second ticket for March 2020. My booking was ticketed.

J'aime aussi voyager. Do you know if the tourist visa is included on the ticket, and where I can see it in that case? Merci.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:20 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.