Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Did anyone try this by starting and ending in FRA?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
Did anyone try this by starting and ending in FRA?
Most likely would not work as for some reason the pricing occurs via Multi-City / Cabin.

But this fare allows you to stopover in FRA, so try this...
1) One-way to JFK/EWR use miles or buy a cheap TAP Business Class fare out of DUB/ARN
2) Fly that to New York and enjoy a weekend in the Big Apple
3) Fly this fare to FRA, stopover and return "home"
4) At a later date fly FRA-SIN and enjoy the trip
5) Return to NYC on this fare
6) Use the miles you have accumulated for a one-way back from the States to Germany...

Santander and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:22 am

Thanks for this. I would like to book but use a tool to see flexible dates with low cost. I dont believe this is possible as it is with a simple return trip on google flights. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Gold, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
Thanks for this. I would like to book but use a tool to see flexible dates with low cost. I dont believe this is possible as it is with a simple return trip on google flights. Any suggestions?

Hey michaelpowell44,

The trick is to have a long layover in FRA on one of the segments; take SQ326 and then SQ26. It seems that if you take the flights with the shortest connection, many dates do not offer the cheaper fare in the $2000s anymore.

I was trying to price it out on google flights, but for some reason, google flights does not allow you to select the flight with a longer layover in FRA. You have to go to the SQ website, choose the 'multi-city' option, and separate one the segments on either the outbound or inbound.
Example:
Leg 1: JFK-SIN
Leg 2: SIN-FRA
Leg 3: FRA-JFK

You can also select "flexible dates" to show cheaper fares. I just did this for the first 2 weeks in Oct and was able to get Biz class all the way for $2234. It was booked into D class which is the lowest category with no changes etc. But for that price, I'm not complaining.

I was playing with it all afternoon, so if you have more questions or need help, let me know!
jfkeze and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:07 pm

Is this valid? My second flight SQ26 SIN-FRA will arrive 6:20am and then I will take the third flight SQ26 FRA-JFK at 8:20am on the same day I arrive in FRA.
Would I need to leave the terminal, get my luggage, and check-in again for the third flight?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by night718
Is this valid? My second flight SQ26 SIN-FRA will arrive 6:20am and then I will take the third flight SQ26 FRA-JFK at 8:20am on the same day I arrive in FRA.
Would I need to leave the terminal, get my luggage, and check-in again for the third flight?
Same terminal, same gate.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:19 pm

Picked up 2 tix D class all the way for $2286 a piece:

JFK-FRA Nov 21
FRA-SIN Nov 27
SIN-JFK Dec 2

Thanks OP and others for finding this deal!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Same terminal, same gate.
Thank you for the response.

My concern is that for the return trip it is ticketed as 2 separate flights, even though I'm connecting on the same day.

So would I need to get my luggage after arriving in FRA and checkin again for the flight from FRA-JFK?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Gold, SQ PPS Solitaire

My concern is that for the return trip it is ticketed as 2 separate flights, even though I'm connecting on the same day.

So would I need to get my luggage after arriving in FRA and checkin again for the flight from FRA-JFK?

Luggage will be checked all the way through
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:10 pm

If all flights are with Singapore I imagine they can ticket your luggage all the way to your final destination.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by bostan
Luggage will be checked all the way through
Originally Posted by George84
If all flights are with Singapore I imagine they can ticket your luggage all the way to your final destination.
Thank you both!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond
Hi all,

That SQ flight looked quite interesting to me as I will be having a couple of trips to FRA in April through June. I could have coupled it as a MR for UA MP.
However, for UA PQM, it only nets 100% PQM and additionally I need to buy separate positioning flights from YUL.
Alternatively, I found other similar fares ~3K USD for YUL-FRA or MUC-JNB RT (with stopover in FRA or MUC). This should double the PQMs as AC, LH, and LX would net 200% PQM in Bus fare.

Is the SIN SQ flight still worth while to try in your opinion compared to AC/LH/LX? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:50 am

For me it is as I'm trying to re-qualify for Alaska MVP Gold/75k.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ttyl
Hi all,

That SQ flight looked quite interesting to me as I will be having a couple of trips to FRA in April through June. I could have coupled it as a MR for UA MP.
However, for UA PQM, it only nets 100% PQM and additionally I need to buy separate positioning flights from YUL.
Alternatively, I found other similar fares ~3K USD for YUL-FRA or MUC-JNB RT (with stopover in FRA or MUC). This should double the PQMs as AC, LH, and LX would net 200% PQM in Bus fare.

Is the SIN SQ flight still worth while to try in your opinion compared to AC/LH/LX? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
LH/LX/AC are 150% PQM only in P .... which it will be at these prices.

The SQ flights are still 19k PQM, nice seats, good service. Is it worth it? That's up to you.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:43 am

Is this possible same fare half for one way sing to jfk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.