Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ac business class | was-lhr rt $1364

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ac business class | was-lhr rt $1364

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by kthpence
Received an email from Expedia saying Air Canada had cancelled my flight - reached out to AC on twitter and they informed me they had re-issued the ticket as a P fare and I was able to then select seats online. Reservation is intact.

Now question is where to credit P miles to on SFO-YUL-FCO-YYZ-SFO ... thinking UA as this should credit at 200%, correct?
Lots of 200% options

https://www.wheretocredit.com/air-canada/p
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by dordal
No UA will credit 150%. There's a type-o on the site, P is listed as both 150% and 200%.
I see AC P earning 200% on the UA site (along with all other miles-eligible business class fare classes): https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ir-canada.html
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by ntr91
I see AC P earning 200% on the UA site (along with all other miles-eligible business class fare classes): https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ir-canada.html
150% PQM and 200% redeemable miles (for tickets like these ones not plated on 016 ticket stock).
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by dordal
No UA will credit 150%. There's a type-o on the site, P is listed as both 150% and 200%.

What date are you flying? Mine hasn't been reissued yet; I'm going in April.
Weird website looks like 200% to me ...

I'm flying 4/4/19 & returning 4/15/19

Awesome that this should net around 40k miles for UA (13k miles @ 200% bonus).
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by kthpence
Weird website looks like 200% to me ...

I'm flying 4/4/19 & returning 4/15/19

Awesome that this should net around 40k miles for UA (13k miles @ 200% bonus).
200% award miles, 150% PQM

And its 200%, not a 200% bonus. ie flying 13K miles is * 2.0 to give 26K miles

If it was 75%, then you would get 13K * 0.75, etc
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:49 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
YMMV, but I just got an email from Expedia indicating Air Canada had changed my booking (not cancelled such as member "kthpence" received). When I logged into my record locator on the AC website, all flights were now showing in "P" class. Additionally, last week I talked to an AC CSR about seating, and while she was not able to confirm them at the time. the ones I chose in our discussion, were now held.

As a data point, my flights are during the first two weeks of May. Kudos to Air Canada for handling this fare goof in a professional and customer focused matter.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by Craig6z
YMMV, but I just got an email from Expedia indicating Air Canada had changed my booking (not cancelled such as member "kthpence" received).
AC just changed my booking. I'm a travel agent and just so you know what Expedia, etc. reps are seeing, in Sabre it shows "PAX CNLD/CHNG DIRECTLY WITH AC". On the reservation the R-class segments are canceled (HX) and replaced with P-class segments, and they exchanged the ticket, taking control of it (so I'm no longer able to make any ticket changes myself).
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:46 pm

Our Expedia reservation was changed today, received an email from Expedia with the following:

Air Canada made the following change(s) to your itinerary:
* Made changes to your itinerary.

The Expedia reservation still shows "R" fare but the AC website now has "P" fare. We had seats automatically assigned after the change to P but we were able to change them on the AC website. Our flight departs in September.

We were impressed with the AC customer service regarding this fare. Now....we have been AA flyers for years and we know nothing of other programs, so the next step is to figure out where to credit the miles.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:08 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
Now....we have been AA flyers for years and we know nothing of other programs, so the next step is to figure out where to credit the miles.
The easy answer is United. Depending on your European destination, you will earn somewhere in the range of a domestic continental US "saver" roundtrip coach trip . PHX-YYZ-CDG for example generates about 22,500 miles, while a trip through YYZ to Rome would be over the 25,000 mile threshold for a freebie.

United miles are typically valued at between 1.6 and 1.8 cents, so a domestic award at the 25,000 level is a nice rebate on the modest sum AC charged. Add a United credit card's first year bonus (often in the 50,000 mile range, no fee in year one), and you could have a nice United balance worth the equivalent of three domestic coach roundtrips.

Last edited by Craig6z; Jan 30, 2019 at 6:15 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Craig6z
The easy answer is United. Depending on your European destination, you will earn somewhere in the range of a domestic continental US "saver" roundtrip coach trip . PHX-YYZ-CDG for example generates about 22,500 miles, while a trip through YYZ to Rome would be over the 25,000 mile threshold for a freebie.

United miles are typically valued at between 1.6 and 1.8 cents, so a domestic award at the 25,000 level is a nice rebate on the modest sum AC charged. Add a United credit card's first year bonus (often in the 50,000 mile range, no fee in year one), and you could have a nice United balance worth the equivalent of three domestic coach roundtrips.
Thank you for the information, UA was what we were considering. We have never had the UA credit card but that could certainly work into our strategy along with the possible transfer from our Chase points. We have been with AA so long but after 2019, we have decided to go completely free agent with airline loyalty and this is AC fare is a great start.
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Our tickets changed too. On AC it also says P. Expedia still says R but to call AC. On AC website was able to select seats but that is it. Can't enter passport, KTN, FF#, sex age ect....
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:13 am

... UA was what we were considering...
You may want to also familiarize yourself with a few other *A loyalty programs before making a choice. Even for domestic flights on UA, their own program may not be the way to award travel. For intercontinental travel, I've often used Aeroplan (AC own program). Depending on your destinations, Aeroplan may have options requiring fewer miles and no/low surcharges.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:32 am

Our Expedia reservation was changed today, received an email from Expedia with the following:

Air Canada made the following change(s) to your itinerary:
* Made changes to your itinerary.

The Expedia reservation still shows "R" fare but the AC website now has "P" fare. We had seats automatically assigned after the change to P but we were able to change them on the AC website. Our flight departs in September.
A follow up, the reservation over night on Expedia changed to show the P fare, shows our seat selection that we made on AC.com, but the ticket numbers remained the same.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:35 am

I was updated last night as well. Expedia now shows Cabin: Economy / Coach (P).
On the bright side AC's site says:Business (P) and Business Class (lowest) and I was able to make seat assignments in the business cabin.
I am going to chalk it up to a display error on Expedia's part.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
An acquaintance of mine was rebooked into Z on some flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.