Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kevinflyaway
Code:
Please post you departure dates and routes below:

March
 MARCH 07 BCN - FCO - LAX Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 11 PacificTwo
 MARCH 11 BCN-FCO-JFK UAPremierGuy
 MARCH 14 LAX - CDG - FCO - BCN Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 19 BCN-FCO-CDG GlennHaak
 MARCH 19 MAD-FCO-JFK beyounged
 MARCH 20 CDG-LAX GlennHaak
 MARCH 25 BCN-FCO-JFK JonEJacobs
 MARCH 25 JFK-FCO-MAD beyounged
 MARCH 28 LAX-FCO-BCN GlennHaak

April
 APRIL 01 BCN-FCO-LAX - idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 04 BCN - FCO - CDG (+1) - LAX Mister Miles
 APRIL 05 JFK-FCO-BCN JonEJacobs
 APRIL 08 BCN - FCO - LAX - honzeek_cz
 APRIL 08 FCO-CDG JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 CDG-LAX - JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 LAX - JFK - FCO - BCN Mister Miles
 APRIL 23 LAX-CDG honzeek_cz
 APRIL 24 CDG-FCO-BCN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 MAD-LIN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 LAX-CDG-FCO-BCN idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 26 LIN-CDG-LAX honzeek_cz
 APRIL 29 LAX-FCO honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 FCO-MAD honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 MAD-FCO Maayan

May
 MAY 01 FCO-LAX Maayan
 MAY 01 BCN-FCO-JFK ramalair
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-JFK e30st
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX Travel-Quinten
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-LAX Wildwater
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX bmibaby737
 MAY 06 JFK-FCO-BCN (+1) e30st
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN (+1) Travel-Quinten
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN Wildwater
 MAY 06 LAX-JFK-FCO / MAY 07 FCO-BCN bmibaby737
 MAY 08 LAX-FCO-MAD Maayan
 MAY 09 JFK-FCO-BCN ramalair
 MAY 09 LAX- FCO JNLentertainment
 MAY 09 FCO-BCN JNLentertainment

September

October

November
 Nov 7 BCN - FCO - JFK ExpatSomchai
 Nov 11 JFK - FCO - BCN (+1) ExpatSomchai
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by aa213bb

Did you book directly through Al Italia, or an OTA?
Directly through AZ via Google flights

And believe it or not, money is already back on my creditcard
Justin Case likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
Directly through AZ via Google flights

And believe it or not, money is already back on my creditcard
I would recommend you start buying lottery tickets right away! What a luck ^
kevinflyaway and glennhaak like this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by bestvideos123
Just checking in to ask how your flight experience was and if you could share those photos with us.
Here we go! Just about to check out of our AirBNB in LA, going en route to Vegas

First flight BCN-FCO was nothing to write home about, crew was not good, seemed like they did not want to be there at all. Meal was rubbery pasta, seemd like rubberized worms, bit bland, I have no photo of this meal. I did have a pear liqeur which was really good.

Pear liquor which was really tasty

In Rome FCO we went to the CASA ALITALIA PIAZZA VENEZIA lounge which was disappointing, I know AZ hasn't been to profitable (understatement) but this was truly bad, food selection was very thin, drinks were served by a grumpy guy behind the bar, again, nothing to write home about.

Next up was our AZ flight from FCO-CDG which was a welcome surprise! We boarded through B24 which means being bussed to a remote stand, SkyPriority was not really enforced but since everyone was put on the same bus it didn't really matter, the flight was not really full so I settled into 1A and waited for the second and last bus to arrive and board the Airbus A320. This crew was a delight, the purser who provided stellar service for an intra-European J flight, below you can see the meal, which was ravioli, the dessert was very, very tasty. And as I am a sucker for limoncello, I asked if they had any on board and they definately did! So whilst sipping on one of my favourite drinks we started the descent into Paris CDG and landed around 23:00h, we had booked the Pentahotel near CDG via Hotel Tonight for only €71 (if you want to signup, there is a referral code that I'm more than happy to share which gives €20 off of your first booking) because we had a 10:20 departure the next morning.

Ravioli on AZ flight from FCO-CDG which was really good.

At 07:45 our taxi that we requested from the Pentahotel was ready and we departed for the short trip to CDG, we breezed through security and customs due to well-enforced SkyPriority and were in the 2E-Hall M lounge at 08:15 where we enjoyed breakfast with views over the tarmac.

We boarded at 09:45, I settled into my seat 63L which is the last one in the smaller, forward J cabin which seats 24 people. On the seatmap I could see that the seat next to me was empty, it took 50 minutes before a PDB was served which was a bit long to my liking. Sure enough, when most pax were boarded, the infamous AF Y/W to J parade began, at first I was asked by a fellow passenger if I would change my seat to hers so they could sit together, I politely declined since I would move to the middle of the cabin and to an aisle seat, as where I specifically chose my window seat in the back of the cabin. In the end, lots of people ended up moving forward but in the end I was lucky and had two seats to myself. First meal was very good, of which you'll see the menu and dishes below. Crew was very good, albeit very stubborn in talking French to people who do not speak French. They did, however, take orders first of people with status (poor Gold as of now but this trip will take me to platinum ) I slept for a good 6 hours before descending into LAX, where immigration was fast, but I did get a few questions by the CBP officer as to why I was visiting the US after being in NYC last week, what my profession is and all sorts of follow-up questions. After that we hopped on the shuttle to Hertz where we've found out that we were upgraded to a Cadillac Escalade, cruising through California (and Nevada) in style

After the first AZ flight, I checked with the lounge dragons if my FF number was in the booking, which did not seem the case, they've added it and the second AZ flight was credited (to Flying Blue) in a day, as was the AF flight, two days after the first AZ flight also credited correctly to my Flying Blue account so all in all everything is going very smoothly!

Hope everyone will have at least the same experience, if not better!

Starter on AF66 CDG-LAX, shrimp which was very good agai.

Menu on AF66 CDG-LAX

Beef main on AF66 which was also really juicy and tasty
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:02 pm

Smile

Good to know what I can expect when I'm flying this exact same itinerary next month.
I've heard that AF Business class seat doesn't have a full flat bed which is a bummer.
Thanks for this mini Flight report.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good to know what I can expect when I'm flying this exact same itinerary next month.
I've heard that AF Business class seat doesn't have a full flat bed which is a bummer.
Thanks for this mini Flight report.
Fully flat, but angled - not parallel to the floor.

I believe the A380 has the angled-flat and the 777 has the parallel flat.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Fully flat, but angled - not parallel to the floor.

I believe the A380 has the angled-flat and the 777 has the parallel flat.
Thanks for the clarifying, I wished my flight was operated by the B77W instead but whatever...
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Thanks for the clarifying, I wished my flight was operated by the B77W instead but whatever...
It is true about the seat not being parallel flat, but the seat is very spacious and the footwell is huge compared to the 777, I personally really don’t mind flying the AF A380 although I’m very curious as to what seat they’ll be installing during the refurbs...
bestvideos123 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
The fare rules didn't allow for any changes or cancellation of the ticket. So my fare rules alone, I was going to be out of all money spend. So it took me 2 phone calls and an e-mail to get the offer of a full refund, which was more then I expected.
I confirm that all of you can get a full refund if you decide to cancel the ticket. Just called the US CSR and asked if I could get a full refund. After she checked for a while, she said Yes. It takes less than 5 minutes to get the full refund.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by daye520
I confirm that all of you can get a full refund if you decide to cancel the ticket. Just called the US CSR and asked if I could get a full refund. After she checked for a while, she said Yes. It takes less than 5 minutes to get the full refund.
Honestly, this deal is too good for someone to ask for a refund, kevinflyaway had to cancel his ticket due to personal reasons and he received a refund but other than that I don't think anyone would want one.
I suppose you also applied for the refund?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by daye520
Unfortunately I'm experiencing the opposite.

Perhaps this is because I booked through Expedia - and not directly with AZ - but I've now spoken twice with both Expedia and AZ call centers, and am consistently being told it is not possible to refund ... even when Expedia calls their AZ contact.

If anyone has any other thoughts/suggestions, I'm all ears (well, eyes, but you get the point). My wife and I would very much prefer to cancel, but will fly these if need be. C'est la vie ...
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:16 pm

Does anyone know details about the name change? It might be helpful also for those of you who would like to cancel and the company is willing not to do so.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Cestamitulakapohvezdach
Does anyone know details about the name change? It might be helpful also for those of you who would like to cancel and the company is willing not to do so.
I think it will be costly but you can check with AZ directly.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:11 am

I think it will be costly but you can check with AZ directly.
I checked and Alitalia does not give you that option.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Unfortunately I'm experiencing the opposite.

Perhaps this is because I booked through Expedia - and not directly with AZ - but I've now spoken twice with both Expedia and AZ call centers, and am consistently being told it is not possible to refund ... even when Expedia calls their AZ contact.

If anyone has any other thoughts/suggestions, I'm all ears (well, eyes, but you get the point). My wife and I would very much prefer to cancel, but will fly these if need be. C'est la vie ...
Interesting. I suppose that there were no downgrade/ticket cancellations threats, then?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Oxymore
Interesting. I suppose that there were no downgrade/ticket cancellations threats, then?
Comments about how it’s a cheap fare - might have even made reference to it being a mistake, though I’m not 100% certain. It was not an unpleasant conversation, just non-productive.

I may just have to eat it, unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.